Worst PvP Class?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Worst PvP Class?

Postby FenixStryk » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:28 am

I posted this on the official WoW PvP forums, but I'd also like to get a few views from you guys, so... here goes:

I've been wondering for a while now... which of the lesser classes is in fact the worst? Yes, Rogues, Wars, and Resto Druids are the top three, but after that (and maybe Disc Priests + SL/SL Warlocks), it starts to get blurry because there's a lot of suck involved for the remaining classes. So, I ask you, the trolls, QQers and other confused individuals that have for some reason wandered here by mouse...

What is WoW's worst PvP class?

----- ---- --- -- -

My Personal Response:
While I want to say that Hunters are pathetic, they do have a few mechanics that put them slightly above Shamans, Paladins and Mages, notably that they don't have to deal with spell pushback because their main nukes have no cast times.

Mages, while weak, do have a plethora of ways to control the fight. It takes skill to play but you're not completely screwed if you need to escape, unlike Shamans and to a lesser extent Paladins, which are just kind of stuck there if someone's focusing them.

This leaves Shamans vs Paladins left. Both classes are completely broken and IMO need complete revamps, but with that notion aside, I'm not sure which one is honestly worse. Shamans have more burst, but it's so damn hard to get it off that it's not really worth it in the smaller brackets. On the other hand, while Paladins do have a modest set of tools such as Repentance, Hammer of Justice, Judgement of Justice, Blessing of Freedom, and of course the almighty bubble, they don't really have much DPS to work with.

We can, however, assume that the goal in PvP is to kill the other opponent, not delay them, and when this aspect is considered, the glass cannon is better than the iron feather. Shamans have the tools, and with the right support (which is extremely hard to come by because no one gives Shamans the chance) they can get it off and decimate their opponents... there's also a lot of synergy they provide. Paladins, on the other hand, just kind of take it (rather similarly to how Resto Shamans do, actually) and lack much in terms of returning the favor.

Thus... Rogue > War > Resto Druid > Disc Priest >>> SL/SL Warlock > Hunter = Mage >>> Shaman > Paladin, with some minor flips in the latter five depending on the type of PvP they are participating in.

(Link to original thread:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1 )
FenixStryk

Postby The Great JT » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:25 pm

Shaman.

End of discussion.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Re: Worst PvP Class?

Postby Cass » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:31 pm

I stopped reading here. Why? EVERY class can pvp and pvp well if the person behind the toon knows HOW TO PLAY. So, to summarize? Lern2playnewb! Period.

P.S. My "pathetic" hunter is usually the last one standing in most battlegrounds/arenas. And she's only a tertiary alt.

P.P.S. I have yet to be killed by a warrior, resto druid OR disc priest on my sl/sl lock.

FenixStryk wrote:
While I want to say that Hunters are pathetic

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby Krom » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:27 pm

I think we had a post like this once before and I shit all over it for being retarded, so I'll refrain from doing so again.

I will say this: If you are not at the top end of arena competition, chances are you don't fully understand or get practice with/against many of the standard comps and class comps and after reading your argument it's painfully obvious you have little of the above.

Some classes are definitely harder to play at a very high level of arena. There is a comp that will work for your class that can compete, though, in ALL cases.

If you don't have much high end arena experience and you want to see a pretty good overview of the classes and comps played by the best teams, then I suggest going and watching any tournament matches that you can.

For example, here is one: GotFrag MLG PC Circuit - WoW 3v3 Tournament in San Diego

A personal favourite of mine, as I play a hunter, is to watch videos by Beasteh and Cherekee/Cherez. They are pretty amazing players that do 2's as Hunter/Druid, and 3's as Hunter/Druid/Lock or Hunter/Druid/Priest (HDP in the above linked tournament).

3v3 Hunter/Druid/Warlock Video
2v2 Hunter/Druid Video

Broad generic statements about "Which class is best" is very dumb in principle. You're better off focusing on smaller issues which affect a class, in respect to the overall picture. For example, a gripe of mine as a hunter, is that there is no blizzard UI tool for tracking auto-shot timers to prevent clipping. This drastically affects my DPS under all conditions, espcially in arena. This makes the class harder to play at a high level, but it doesn't make it impossible.
Krom

Postby Suztang » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 am

since the almighty cass and krom has said their peace. perhaps a topic change is in order.

BEST PVP CLASS

ok ready? and.....POST!
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby rvbtucker » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Suztang wrote:since the almighty cass and krom has said their peace. perhaps a topic change is in order.

BEST PVP CLASS

ok ready? and.....POST!
in before "rogues"
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker

Postby Zealia » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:18 pm

pallies are the worst pvp class for sure, despite the high survivability of them they are a pve class
however, i have pvped on my pally as ret and as prot, the nice thing about prot is that i have had fairly well geared fury warriors kill them self from my holy shield :roll: and ret has the potential of doing a fair bit of damage if you have the gear to back it up
Zealia
DL Guild Member

Postby Suztang » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:19 am

i think druids are awsome for pvp they got stealth, track humanoid, they can blast targets from a distance and when nearing the end of their mana they can change form and continue the beat down and in worst case senario pull out and heal. lets not forget the tauren warstomp :lol: imo i think the druid made for pvp
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Khazar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:48 am

Shadow priests in arenas.
Khazar

Postby Suztang » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:23 am

Khazar wrote:Shadow priests in arenas.

on AB with my holy preist, i run in first and die so when my teamates who are right behind me get there im already in spirit form and throwing out free heals ive fuond this is easier to take flags and before i die i run around and spam holy nova so i can expose as many rogues that i can
Suztang

Postby Khazar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:24 am

Lol :D ingenious.
Khazar

Postby Lt. Kool-Aid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:54 am

Suztang wrote:

on AB with my holy preist, i run in first and die so when my teamates who are right behind me get there im already in spirit form and throwing out free heals ive fuond this is easier to take flags and before i die i run around and spam holy nova so i can expose as many rogues that i can

im a fan of the whole... living thing..... i found that its best to use all my mana on heals, THEN die. if you just run to die you get 10 secs to heal your party. I you were alive, you can have minutes. as for rogues i always have a human use his percep....

oh wait your horde.... keep doing what your doing! jolly good!
1 full year playing wow: about $190
snowboard: $200

Thinking about casting greater heal of yourself when you break an arm: Priceless
Lt. Kool-Aid

Postby Suztang » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:50 pm

Lt. Kool-Aid wrote:
Suztang wrote:

im a fan of the whole... living thing..... i found that its best to use all my mana on heals, THEN die. if you just run to die you get 10 secs to heal your party. I you were alive, you can have minutes. as for rogues i always have a human use his percep....

oh wait your horde.... keep doing what your doing! jolly good!

true using my mana on healing then dieing is "common sense smarter" but since im a preist i get targeted first so i die first anyway, in the process casting takes forever cause i got someone hitting me (no matter how many talent points i put into it its slow as shit) so why waste time dieing and doing nothing.....when i can waste time and cause enuff trouble to give us the advantage!

and beside im horde....we always win AB! :lol:

p.s.: if im alive for longer than 2 min im most likely afk....on the preist that is. the only other tatic i got with the preist is stay at lumber mill and MC ppl off the cliff. :lol:
Last edited by Suztang on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suztang

Postby Evilducks » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:11 pm

I never get bored of defending the lumber mill in AB. Mind control suicide is easily the most fun I have in this game.
________
ROOR BONG
Last edited by Evilducks on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Frioz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:51 pm

Evilducks wrote:I never get bored of defending the lumber mill in AB. Mind control suicide is easily the most fun I have in this game.

Back then in the good old days I used to go to alliance graveyard, MC whatever res and kick them out of the bg by sending them to the instance portal.

It was fun watching them try to get out of the portal but at the last second they would get kicked out.

But I believe in my opinion mages have the hardest learning curve right now.
Frioz

Next

Return to WoW