28%
NO!
28%
KEYLOGGER!
44%

Total votes : 25

Spells

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:49 am

if weapons have skill that make them better to use shoudln't spells?
kozom1234

Postby rvbtucker » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:07 pm

They do, its why you get a new rank everytime. Also, spell penetration (lol) and spell hit. Haste could also be counted as well.

TL:DR= no
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:23 pm

rvbtucker wrote:They do, its why you get a new rank everytime. Also, spell penetration (lol) and spell hit. Haste could also be counted as well.

TL:DR= no

no, not as in a new rank or added things to it through gear, i mean for example :starfire rank 7 skill 350 (meaning after using thius spell enough it adds a certain amount of dmg.
kozom1234

Postby rvbtucker » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:39 pm

I know what you meant, but seeing as dodge/parry/block are what are affected by weapons, and that they can miss alot more then spells can, spells should be thankful they dont have it. The only thing people have against spells is resistance, which most people probably dont have unless its part of their racial. Meanwhile, we have dodge/parry/block for melee.
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker

Postby kozom1234 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:11 am

rvbtucker wrote:I know what you meant, but seeing as dodge/parry/block are what are affected by weapons, and that they can miss alot more then spells can, spells should be thankful they dont have it. The only thing people have against spells is resistance, which most people probably dont have unless its part of their racial. Meanwhile, we have dodge/parry/block for melee.

i had huge resistance in my cow king's tunic thingy, and weapons miss a lot less when maxed out in skill, just like spells could, also spells can be resisted and have missed a few times for me too.
kozom1234

Postby Esoth » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:52 am

This wouldn't make any sense for the current spell mechanics and there's no reason to change it. Spells are either hit/crit, resisted, or partially resisted - and there are already stats to counter resists.
Esoth

Postby rvbtucker » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:26 pm

kozom1234 wrote:
rvbtucker wrote:I know what you meant, but seeing as dodge/parry/block are what are affected by weapons, and that they can miss alot more then spells can, spells should be thankful they dont have it. The only thing people have against spells is resistance, which most people probably dont have unless its part of their racial. Meanwhile, we have dodge/parry/block for melee.

i had huge resistance in my cow king's tunic thingy, and weapons miss a lot less when maxed out in skill, just like spells could, also spells can be resisted and have missed a few times for me too.
+ 25 resistance to all spells isnt anything special at all, thats probably only a 5% (if even) resist. Blizzard made the resist mechanic very hard to work with for a reason, because a resisted spell can really screw up a casters run. A resisted cast means wasted Mana and precious seconds in which a melee class can have easily caught up in damage, or done damage to said caster.

Like i said earlier, this is a horrible idea because it means that spells would miss alot more then they do, meaning you would have to get gear for them to hit. And seeing as melee already dominates casters DPS wise, it would destroy them, practically to uselessness. If you want to hit more with spells, just get penetration and + spell hit and + spell damage.
rvbtucker

Postby Aku » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:36 am

rvbtucker wrote:And seeing as melee already dominates casters DPS wise

Um you talking pvp or pve?.. cuz as a lock I waste melee dps on boss fights, and generally always have a higher dps output.. the only reason melee can top overall dmg meters is becuase on all these fights where movement is required than can continue to dps at thier full potenial while moving where as caster need to stop dps all together to move
Aku

Postby Lt. Kool-Aid » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:50 pm

I tried to read this, but there were too many words and i got lazy....

this is what i feel about the matter:

I feel strongly about the thing in question, however the opposing view of the matter also seems solid. my best advice is that we find a common ground where both sides can find a reasonable compromise. on a lighter note, there are fresh donuts in the break room... i want to call a motion to have a 10 min break before we return to this heated debate.

*random voice* I second it!

then its settled! Everyone back here in 10 minutes so that we can draw this meeting to a close.
1 full year playing wow: about $190
snowboard: $200

Thinking about casting greater heal of yourself when you break an arm: Priceless
Lt. Kool-Aid

Postby Redneckizm » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:00 pm

I don't think Mages would want to go back and work thier Fire, Arcane & Ice spell categories back up to 350. Melee Capable classes have to use each weapon class for a very long time to get the 350th skill point,
Hunters have it double having to max out thier ranged weapons: Bows/Crossbow/Gun... then the Melee Weapons: Dagger/Sword/2hSword/Axe/2HAxe/polearm/Fist Weapon, Yes even Hunters have to max thier Melee Skillz so they don't miss on that critical wingclip to get away from that Rogue/Warr/Pally.

Having a 350 Weapon skill doesn't give more damage, it's more like a "Proficiency" or another "hit rating" that we have to max out to be effective. Even if your Hit Capped for your class but have a 1 weapon proficiency, you will miss every attempt until ~150 and then you will get an occasional hit.

As a Ranged/Melee I would say "Hell yeah" make them casters level up thier spell proficiency like we have to! As a Raider, I don't want to lose our casters for a week while they level the diff spell classes. Can you Imagine as a Mage Casting 150 Ice Bolts until you get 1 to hit for minimum damage? That would be miserable!! Then have to start over with another 150 Pyroblasts????

Then Rogues have a Hit Rating, Weapon Proficiency AND and Expertise Rating to meet. I'm not that proficient in Warr/Pally/Sham yet to know the extra mechanics that they have to deal with.
World of Warcraft - It's not a Passion, It's an Obsession.

It's NOT a Game, It's a full time Hobby!
Redneckizm

Postby lappen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 pm

i voted keylogger.

yah.

you're a dirty stinking keylogger, yeah that's what you are.
lappen

Postby kozom1234 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:11 am

lappen wrote:i voted keylogger.

yah.

you're a dirty stinking keylogger, yeah that's what you are.

got me. and perhaps it can just increase your spell penetration then?
kozom1234

Postby Clone-D » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:31 pm

I voted yes. And im a 70 Warlock. Why do i say this? To add-1. a sence of use. its a burden to raise a skill at first, but reaching a 350 rating would be a sence of accomplishment for casting atleast 350 Affliction spells ( or Destruction, same idea)2. Im bored, tired, and I have to sit through a 3 hour flight lay over to south Carolina along with a 2 hour flight so i can get back to my home in Florida.3. i ment to hit Keyloger and hit the wronge butten  :oops:
Your Dieing.
Clone-D

Postby The Great JT » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:46 pm

And this guy's about as subtle as a nuke explosion.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby felldain » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:17 am

Frankly think that weapon skills are a redundant mechanic and just a nuisance for those who didn't level all of their weapon skills whilst levelling.
Oh and by the way i was being sarcastic!
felldain

Next

Return to WoW