WoW WHAT THE HELL Moments

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

WoW WHAT THE HELL Moments

Postby The Great JT » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Tell stories about the unbelieveable shit that's happened to you in WoW. And to start, here I go.

Ok, here's a little story for you cheesy, unwashed masses.

I was doing Karazhan today for badges and possible loot (seeing how there's very little in there I need now). We downed Terestian Illhoof (a first for me) and the Breastplate of the Lightbinder, a breastplate I could use quite a lot, drops. Now in a fit of maniacal confusion, the loot master give the thing to a priest. And from there it's quickly disenchanted. Around the Chess Event, I got a tell from a GM, telling me to have them contact the GMs about it. The loot master and priest in question did so, and I thought "I'm gonna get my item in a day or two."

The loot master, after about an hour, tells me to send in a ticket with the name of the item, the boss it dropped from and who the item was intended for. I did so and began waiting for a second GM to tell me where to go from there.

I just got through talking with the second GM, and lo and behold, the priest who got the item logged off before a GM could service the ticket. I sent the son of a bitch mail, and with some luck I'll still get the item.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby emilylorange » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:52 am

They can service tickets while offline - though it will help if the priest sent in his ticket first, so you have three different people agreeing on the same mis-loot.

They've even found me on my alt once when I put in a ticket on my main.

Crafty people :O

EDit: Re-read - does he really have to be online for them to dis-disenchant it? o.o
emilylorange

Postby murderbear » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:47 am

i was running a group of 4 people thru WC and they all had 70 mains that were on the server so i know that they atleast knew how to play the race/class lists were:

Blood Elf Rogue 14
Undead Rogue 17
Undead Warlock 15
Blood Elf Mage 18
Troll Warrior (Me) 61

The run started off ok, got everyone to the meeting stone, the rules for the loot was in place, and my rules for running them thru were made clear. As i was clearing the pre instance area i get a tell from the blood elf rogue saying that he is very close to ding, i replyed with awesome and continued to clear, got the entire group in the instance without a scratch and right as i was about to pull the raptors the blood elf rogue decides to use a bow to shoot them and ends up pulling the raptors and the oozey thing. i kill them all and tell him to stand near the tauren so he doesnt aggro, he ends up following me through-out the instance aggroing some mobs that i havent gotten to yet. a green wand drops from one of the druids and he needs it. the group gets all pissy about him needing it (i shrug it off saying that my rogue can make some for whoever needs them) and he says that he wanted a wand for pulling purposes, which gets another agrument going for around 3 rooms (his main is a 70 pally.)

Right as we start to get deeper into the instance (like around the second druid) he pulls AGAIN but this time i just watch him die then rip aggro off of the rest of the group. he gets all pissed at me for doing that and i state the very first rule that i made:

If you either piss me off or pull too many, you die.

he ends up dying alot since he doesnt grasp the fact that you shouldnt stand/follow the one who is running you because the runners can handle more than one of the mobs on them. anyway we get to the dinosaur thing and the blue dagger drops, the undead rogue asks if he can need and the blood elf greeds it and the rest of the party passes. After the undead wins it the blood elf bitches about how he needed that dagger because it was an upgrade and tried to make me boot the undead. Thru party chat he said to trade it to him and the rest of us agrue that he cant, and so forth. right as i kill the everling the bloodelf dies again but takes rez sickness cuz he dingd earlier on, so i remove him and finish up with some leftover mobs, i get a tell from him asking why i booted him and i said cuz u rezzed and the exact response was:

" I needed to train "

I know his main cuz ive had him heal my ST group a few times and he is extremely noobish, but the fact that the run paid for my epic mount was worth every single bitch along the way.

also ive been in a group with a 63 warrior in LEATHER with plus spell damage.
murderbear

Postby Lt. Kool-Aid » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:03 pm

emilylorange wrote:They can service tickets while offline - though it will help if the priest sent in his ticket first, so you have three different people agreeing on the same mis-loot.

They've even found me on my alt once when I put in a ticket on my main.

Crafty people :O

EDit: Re-read - does he really have to be online for them to dis-disenchant it? o.o

you be correct! there is no reason to be online as long as everyone has the ticket open. on my holy priest i was once given [Legacy] which is an axe, instead of a healing trinket. They fixed it.... 2 weeks later......
1 full year playing wow: about $190
snowboard: $200

Thinking about casting greater heal of yourself when you break an arm: Priceless
Lt. Kool-Aid

Postby Cass » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Same thing happened to my hunter. The Steelhawk Crossbow was given to a paladin. :roll: I received it in an in-game mail the next day with a cute note from the GM.
Last edited by Cass on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby felorn » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:48 pm

I saw a tauren named Mcdonald *cry*
felorn

Postby Foxeye » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:27 pm

felorn wrote:I saw a tauren named Mcdonald *cry*

*Epic facepalm*

Anyway, my story is this. I was doing the quests in Shadowmoon where you kill the blood elf demon hunters for their glaves. Everything was going good, until I get to the stairs leading to the training area.

All of a sudden my camera inverts, that's right all of a sudden up was down, left was right yada yada, and my interface disappears. After a moment of shock, I tried everything I could to reset my interface, nothing worked.

After a bit wow crashed, I started it up again, and everything was fine. Weird huh?
Every time I see a beef related tauren name I die a little inside.

Foxeye

Postby murderbear » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:31 pm

wow u guys lucked out :/

i was doing a quest earlier today and a boe blue demonforge chestpiece of the Champion dropped off a rare. Naturally the thing would go to me (it was a group quest called The Foot of the Citadel or something like that) and i was grouped with a priest and a hunter. we had the common loot rules on and i needed since it was plate and i see the hunter need. the priest greeded and the hunter ended up winning.

Normally i wouldnt have cared if it was another plate wearer but a hunter winning it is a bad waste of a boe. later in the day i saw it on ah when i was putting some primal shadows up. he had it up for 50g bid 53g buyout.

GM hasnt done shit yet :/ and its an upgrade for me.
murderbear

Postby Gombol » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:33 pm

murderbear wrote:wow u guys lucked out :/

i was doing a quest earlier today and a boe blue demonforge chestpiece of the Champion dropped off a rare. Naturally the thing would go to me (it was a group quest called The Foot of the Citadel or something like that) and i was grouped with a priest and a hunter. we had the common loot rules on and i needed since it was plate and i see the hunter need. the priest greeded and the hunter ended up winning.

Normally i wouldnt have cared if it was another plate wearer but a hunter winning it is a bad waste of a boe. later in the day i saw it on ah when i was putting some primal shadows up. he had it up for 50g bid 53g buyout.

First of all, QQ more plx.

Second, ITs a BoE drop, theres plenty out there, just quest and you shall get better.
Gombol

Postby Lt. Kool-Aid » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:44 am

Gombol wrote:

Second, ITs a BoE drop, theres plenty out there, just quest and you shall get better.

2 problems here:
1) be more assertive in saying "oo thats an upgrade for me!"
2) you grouped with a hunter... they are all &*#@ers and you should know this by now
1 full year playing wow: about $190
snowboard: $200

Thinking about casting greater heal of yourself when you break an arm: Priceless
Lt. Kool-Aid

Postby Rei_zero » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:44 am

my holy priest was level 64, doing a BF run with a few guildies and a PUGed 70 mage.
Mage was the most useless person I've ever come accross. was geared in all 61-63 greens apart from 3 s2 epics.
wouldn't wait for the tank to gain aggro before cast (result = dead mage) and tried to blame healer (me)
I had better +dmg in my healing gear... and pretty much almost out DPSed him with DoTs and casts here and there between heals.
Proudmoore:
Reiaochi - 70 Shadow Priest
Makuhari - 70 Frost Mage
Kelakira - 70 Holy Priest

Rei_zero

Postby crashbang » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:21 am

Lt. Kool-Aid wrote:
Gombol wrote:

2 problems here:
2) you grouped with a hunter... they are all &*#@ers and you should know this by now...and i'm an idiot for following false generalizations and steryotypes

there, i fixed it
In order to remain peaceful you must kick the ass of the first idiot to give you a good reason...

P.S. The message above may or may not be fueled by copious amounts of sleep deprivation...I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!
crashbang

Postby murderbear » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:30 am

Lt. Kool-Aid wrote:
Gombol wrote:

2 problems here:
2) you grouped with a hunter... they are all &*#@ers and you should know this by now

yeah i know theres others out there, but i was using like a 54 green chest, and the fact that the hunter said that he would tank the leets and it looked like his pet was on passive since it wouldnt attack or defend the hunter. looked at his gear attributes and it literally was:

25 strength
27 agility
347 stamina
24 intelligence
2- somthing spirit

but its all good now, last night got around 3 primal shadows and sold them and got most of the zang quests done, plus hunter is now guildless cuz the guild master was the priest.
murderbear

Postby lappen » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:50 am

i was smart enough to actually play assassins creed on full video options on my crappy computer. works. after a while it crashes, of course it should, my computer sucks.

but why did it crash?

heh. it crashed because parts of my graphic card had been totally burned out.

now i can't even enter shattrath without crashing.

not a real big what the hell, but i get so god damn pissed about it.

also here on turalyon EU we got a well know lil guy.

his name is dwarp. and he's so famous because
one. he have bought over 30k gold
two. he only uses 61 point talents. meaning he either use 61 points in arms (while dual wielding. it gives him more damage he says) or 61 point fury (with a 2h. yah.) or 61 point prot. (using dual wielding. it gives more damage to the group and kills everything much faster. even at bosses)
three. he's a complete noob
four. even though he's a complete noob, he haven't actually bought his account. he went 1-70 to be serious. i mean, how can you go from 1-70 and still suck balls?
five. only reason guilds actually want him is because he pays them to do it.
yah, gave a guild 5k just to join. then he got kicked. then he joined another one. with cash.

looking at him makes you see the big WTF aura around him.

oh and he buys all his gear, in epics
lappen

Postby Foxeye » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:48 am

@ Lt. Kool-Aid Not all hunters suck, and saying that they do is just a way for people to piss and moan when everything doesn't go their way. If it goes wrong blame the hunter, even if you weren't grouped with one whatever goes wrong is the hunters fault.
Every time I see a beef related tauren name I die a little inside.

Foxeye

Next

Return to WoW