WoW WHAT THE HELL Moments

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby felldain » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:32 pm

So I'm not sure how many of you had this on your server or knew about the phenomenon but there was a 'bug' (hotfixed very quick :cry:) where the engineer-made Cluster Launcher was completely solid. Meaning they could be jumped upon, stacked on-top of each other and used to barricade area's. Images of the Hijinks:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8727/wowscrnshot032810163509.jpg

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6096/wowscrnshot032810182215.jpg

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2067/wowscrnshot032810185847.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Primeval/WoWScrnShot_032810_095305.jpg

As you can see the possibilites were endless, there were hopes and dreams of building a stairway to heaven and that old world exploration was going to have a mass revival. Alas the legendary Cluster Launchers were also used for great Evil, Blocking Drek's Room in AV and one of the three Banks of Dalaran. Mass QQ ensued from those deemed to have no sense of humour and they were branded as those "who complained during the zombie event".

After the architects' bannings, Engineering was nerfed again. Before the revolution had begun it was cut short by the powers that be. Cluster Launchers were solid no more.

felldain

Postby Liquidrock » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:13 am

Was in a WSG the other day on my DK, and blew ALL my offensive CD's trying to kill the Resto Druid healing The Horde FC (Of course I had absolutely no help because everyone else was either preoccupied with their FC or protecting ours). Well, I started out by Death Gripping him away from the group so he couldn't heal himself and everyone else by spamming Wild Growth. I then preceded to wail on him, got him to 50% and silenced him then popped Gargoyle. After the silence finished its duration I Ghoul Stunned him and interrupted the following Nourish and got him to 5%. I was about to kill him and some damn Warlock decided to Banish him... AT 5 FUCKING PERCENT!!! I than sat there and watched as his DoTs healed him back to 50%, and finally after the Banish wore off he easily full healed. Luckily it was enough time for my team to kill the prot pally carrying their flag, so he died soon after.

EDIT: Spelling errors and clarification.
Liquidrock

Postby kozom1234 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:09 am

1. druids use hots.

2. In 1v1 a DPS should NEVER beat a healer via damage. The healer should reach a stalemate, go oom and then die...i mean, if a DPS can kill you how do you keep another person alive in PvP

3. Strangulate-> ghoul stun -> mind freeze = dead caster every time
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Woothead » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:06 am

felldain wrote:So I'm not sure how many of you had this on your server or knew about the phenomenon but there was a 'bug' (hotfixed very quick :cry:) where the engineer-made Cluster Launcher was completely solid. Meaning they could be jumped upon, stacked on-top of each other and used to barricade area's.

W00t! Didn't know that... *thinks of locking up the AH and stealing all the good auctions and how he could rule the server economy like that, then realizes that nobody could put any more auctions up and after max. 2 days his dream would be destroyed*

Episode 2. The Legend of Pasta: Sauce-Wars
Woothead

Postby Woothead » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:25 am

I have LOADS of those moments, however I'm in a lazy mood so I wont post anything long... I will, however, post something /facepalm-ish.

Shockadin took my DK's Ramaladni... he won the roll by 2 points... and had a Prot OS... and was like "yes!!! fucking yes! in your face, DK!"... also, did I mention he was in my guild?... I was close to leaving the guild anyway due to bitches like him and fail fire-standers, so I tried to ask him for it, ofc I did not recieve anything other than his taunts, so I turn to the GM, Raid Leader and Loot Master. He just shrugs it off while some other officers call me a sore-looser, so I go ahead and /gquit. Later, I see the paladin in town so I ask him oncemore to give me the thing. So he replies "i dont have it". So I'm like "WTF man i SAW you get it -.-", so he says "i HAD it, i vendored it"... so I, furiously reply "wthf??????", so he's like "found out its a 2H anyway, noob -.-"
Yeah... On that day I just added an entire guild to my Ignore list...

Hmm... *whistles innocently hoping nobody will notice his remark about a short story*... Fury is the best way to regain energy on a lazy day! :D

Episode 2. The Legend of Pasta: Sauce-Wars
Woothead

Postby darkbaron » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:26 am

We can have very bad surprises with the dungeon finder.

Now, my heal-paladin is 58, so we can have DK in the group. I don't hate DK, my main is one, but I must recognize that it is terrible.

In Blackrock Spire, our DK was a tank. He/she spoke a strange mix of English, French and Spanish. He said he was not french. There were a lot of abbreviations in his language and it was very difficult to understand. He was not very good and... left during a fight, so we wiped.

In a wing of Dire Maul, after a long and difficult dungeon, we searched a tank for the last boss, Prince something (the boss after Immol'thar). It was a DK. He didn't wait for the others, aggroed and left, so we wiped again. I left the dungeon after that.

We can have very good groups and there were incredible groups of nice people who finished entirely Blackrock Deep, but there is a lot of bad surprises like very bad tanks, dicks and ninja-loot... A lot of ninja-loot. I have seen a rogue and a warrior roll and win on blue pieces of heal-plate...
French player, on UE servers
darkbaron

Postby Raptorbane » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Woothead wrote:
felldain wrote:So I'm not sure how many of you had this on your server or knew about the phenomenon but there was a 'bug' (hotfixed very quick :cry:) where the engineer-made Cluster Launcher was completely solid. Meaning they could be jumped upon, stacked on-top of each other and used to barricade area's.

W00t! Didn't know that... *thinks of locking up the AH and stealing all the good auctions and how he could rule the server economy like that, then realizes that nobody could put any more auctions up and after max. 2 days his dream would be destroyed*

Did you even read the story?

Anyway, my story... RealID. lol
Raptorbane

Postby Thaurus » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:41 pm

So i was afking on a gryphon ride and he decided to drop me off early.

[PS: its a private server. But im sure that bug comes with retail aswell]
Got SC2 ^_^. Add me @ BuuGhost
Thaurus

Postby AaronOfMpls » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:59 pm

He he he... :lol:

I don't think I've seen that happen.
~ But it's got spam in it! ~

Wowpedia -- Aaron's toons
AaronOfMpls

Postby Raptorbane » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:00 am

Thaurus wrote:So i was afking on a gryphon ride and he decided to drop me off early.

[PS: its a private server. But im sure that bug comes with retail aswell]

THAT WILL TEACH YOU TO AFK ON FLIGHT PATHS, HOW DARE YOU TAKE UNCONTROLLABLE DOWNTIME TO DO SOMETHING ELSE
Raptorbane

DK

Postby miniwidge » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:35 pm

A DK (approx lvl 77) tanking reg OK in heritage gear (note, heritage gear is all DPS, no tanking stuff available as far as I know). He out DPS's the rest of us who are in quest greens, complains about 1) outdpsing us and 2) Healer not keeping him up. His gear is all DPS, no dodge, no parry, no defense. He insists that DKs can tank in any spec. This is true. So can mages, but they will suck too! He doesn't use D&D. He doesn't taunt. He dies a lot. He puts in a ticket to a GM DURING A FIGHT because "someone called him a dickhead" (wow, you will SOO hate tanking at lvl 80). We finally were able to boot him and got a druid tank. Awesome.

I hate DK tanks. Seen too many, DPS'd with too many (I pull aggro from them). Healed too many (ugh). I don't leave a group with one, still hoping that the one I get will be competent... still waiting, still hoping.
anaahl nathrac üthvas bethod dochiel dienveh
miniwidge

Re: DK

Postby Crusader » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 am

miniwidge wrote:A DK (approx lvl 77) tanking reg OK in heritage gear (note, heritage gear is all DPS, no tanking stuff available as far as I know). He out DPS's the rest of us who are in quest greens, complains about 1) outdpsing us and 2) Healer not keeping him up. His gear is all DPS, no dodge, no parry, no defense. He insists that DKs can tank in any spec. This is true. So can mages, but they will suck too! He doesn't use D&D. He doesn't taunt. He dies a lot. He puts in a ticket to a GM DURING A FIGHT because "someone called him a dickhead" (wow, you will SOO hate tanking at lvl 80). We finally were able to boot him and got a druid tank. Awesome.

I hate DK tanks. Seen too many, DPS'd with too many (I pull aggro from them). Healed too many (ugh). I don't leave a group with one, still hoping that the one I get will be competent... still waiting, still hoping.

Recently started a DK (you know, friends moved to a new server, asked me to join, didn't feel like leveling, so DK it is). I did a few BC instances (level 60-62)where I tanked and still got 40% DPS regularly due to the gear difference.

So last Monday one of my RL friends and I go do some random instances and end up in ramparts (yawn). Big happy surprise was I was entered as DPS, not tank. We had a prot warrior with heirlooms with us so I thought it was fine. So we start and he pulls some mobs, going well, but I sometimes draw aggro off the tank due to my better gear and thus dps. Not that this is a problem for a DK in ramparts on the normal mobs. But the tank went berserk, claiming I was tanking intentionally. I replied jokingly that DK's are better tanks anyhow (I play a 80 prot warrior too so I know the differences between DK and Prot warrior tanking and each is better at some encounters then the other). I wasn't trying to tank, but since I got full blues (from the DK intro quests) and the rest walked around in mostly greens, my dps was naturally far higher and thus also my aggro. At any rate, the tank flew into a rage, claiming that warriors are better then DK's, DK's suck, yadda yadda yadda.

So I turned on Frost presense and said "Tank race!"

After tanking a few groups with impunity (apart from the warrior's taunts) and showing the tanking done recount where I had 75% damage taken, doing a /flex (and saying nothing) I switched back to blood presense. The guy had a meltdown. And I do love it when kids have meltdowns. I said nothing, he kept saying prot warriors are better (despite just having been proven wrong) and that he would kick me (didn't work out because my friend was the healer, unbeknown to him). The tank died a few times on double pulls (yes, charge IS the best way to start an encounter *facepalm*) where he didn't get all the aggro and the healer got attacked and the tank died. The two times that happened I took over by switching to frost spec and rounding the mobs up. After each such encounter I said "Secondary tank, HOOOOOOOO!"

The kid was beyond meltdown at this point. You know the type. The healer sucked, it was all the dk's fault, etc etc in language just borderline bannable offense material. He even used the cancer argument once (He got burned by the rest of the group for that). But in the meanwhile we happily continued clearing the instance and my friend and I are having a good laugh in private chat about this guys' antics. Note that by this time the worst thing I had said was "Dk's are better tanks then warriors" And the other guy was frothing at the mouth spewing profanity. He then tried to wipe us by pulling a group and teleporting out of the instance. I easily picked up the enemies. By this time we're at the final 2 bosses and we couldn't kick the guy, so we decided to just get it over with. On the last boss, the drake, our high and mighty tank stayed in a fire and promptly died, after which I took over tanking for the fourth and last time. Of course, him standing in the fire is the healer's fault.

So the loot comes, and the defense cloak drops. Now, I could be an ass and need it, but I didn't. I didn't click greed either. The warrior needed it and I let the counter tick away happily.

I could feel the warrior sweating through the internet. All of a sudden, he was silent. And then, as if a switch was flicked and a realisation dawned to the guy that he might lose his precious lewt because of his behaviour, he asked 'Could I have that, please?"

It was the first polite thing he said.

My friend and I were laughing our asses off. I let the kid have it, but oh how I was tempted. But I let him sweat until the last second, oh yes.
Crusader

Postby Liquidrock » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:07 am

The day I realized I actually used pay $15 a month just to play this crappy game.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Liquidrock

Postby Thaurus » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:14 am

Liquidrock wrote:The day I realized I actually used pay $15 a month just to play this crappy game.

when was that day?
Got SC2 ^_^. Add me @ BuuGhost
Thaurus

Postby Runemonger » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:49 am

I was playing my paladin alt, randomly, and was running Sunken Temple. We were in the big area with a bunch of dragons, and I gave the shammy heals Wisdom. the shammy wanted kings, even though wis was better. when i refused to give him kings, the party leader kicked me. so yeah, I got kicked for giving the right buff >.>
Runemonger

PreviousNext

Return to WoW