Wrath of the Lich King Talents

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Wrath of the Lich King Talents

Postby Shadostriker » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Shadostriker

Postby The Great JT » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Last edited by The Great JT on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Gombol » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:04 pm

Not sure what to do for my tanking one tbh.
Gombol

Re: Wrath of the Lich King Talents

Postby crashbang » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:30 am

oh crap, i'm glad i have my 51 resto druid in the works right now, because i doubt my hunter will be around anymore
In order to remain peaceful you must kick the ass of the first idiot to give you a good reason...

P.S. The message above may or may not be fueled by copious amounts of sleep deprivation...I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!
crashbang

Postby felldain » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:37 am

Both hunters and paladins are having massive class overhauls, hence the delay in news for them.

So don't dump your hunter just yet.

Edit: also save yourself the hassle and just spec feral or balance for levelling,
Oh and by the way i was being sarcastic!
felldain

Postby Suztang » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:54 am

i like Shockwave, and Sword and Board sounds fun :)
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby lappen » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:36 pm

am i like the only one who notices the huge copy paste from diablo barbarians into warrior talent trees?

oh and nice rogues trees... not.

assassination. completely relying on posions now? we wanted our old backstab backstab build back. what they give us is a bloody posion tree. why even have daggers anymore? why not just throw deadly posion at our enemies instead?

combat. a great PvE tree. why is there now PvP talents in there? i would never ever go deep combat for pvp. not many would. so why? why pvp talents? making rogues crap as PvE'ers now to?

Subtetly. why, why, why the hell are they forcing upon us to wear daggers who won't crit for crap because of resilience? oh gosh this is just rediculous. first cheat death nerf and now they are gonna make us use daggers and backstab anything that doesn't have resilience because that's the only thing we are gonna be able to kill. but i doubt anyone who does PvP now will have 0 resilience.

once again blizz, gj.

wtb new class or remake of rogues.
lappen

Postby Suztang » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:11 pm

lappen wrote:am i like the only one who notices the huge copy paste from diablo barbarians into warrior talent trees?

assassination. completely relying on posions now? we wanted our old backstab backstab build back. what they give us is a bloody posion tree. why even have daggers anymore? why not just throw deadly posion at our enemies instead?

combat. a great PvE tree. why is there now PvP talents in there? i would never ever go deep combat for pvp. not many would. so why? why pvp talents? making rogues crap as PvE'ers now to?

Subtetly. why, why, why the hell are they forcing upon us to wear daggers who won't crit for crap because of resilience? oh gosh this is just rediculous. first cheat death nerf and now they are gonna make us use daggers and backstab anything that doesn't have resilience because that's the only thing we are gonna be able to kill. but i doubt anyone who does PvP now will have 0 resilience.

once again blizz, gj.

i didnt notice cause i always played necromacers and druids in diablo :?
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby Gnosis » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:33 am

lappen wrote:am i like the only one who notices the huge copy paste from diablo barbarians into warrior talent trees?

once again blizz, gj.

You liked it the way it was before? And I understand you. But... no offence, Blizzard needed to change some things. You rogues are too overpowered. At least in PvP you are able to beat any class. My cousin has a PvP warrior. He created his character exactely for this: for being able to beat rogues. Now he needed a little time to level it, because it's an alt, he also have a main to deal with... In all that time he needed for level up, rogues' abilities was so nerfed that even he was fearing that he won't be able to beat them anymore, and so happened.

And by the way, I heard this quote somewhere, I don't remember where, but it's very well said: "There is no balance between classes. Blizzard does nothing but nerfing some classes so they become overpowered for some time, then nerfing others so that the first ones would be much weaker then them."

Gnosis

Postby murderbear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:47 am

i didnt believe that fury warriors would be able to dw 2hands...kinda defeats the purpose of it being TWO HANDS!!!
murderbear

Postby The Great JT » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:59 am

murderbear wrote:i didnt believe that fury warriors would be able to dw 2hands...kinda defeats the purpose of it being TWO HANDS!!!

But imagine someone dual-wielding two of...THE SHOVELER!!

The Great JT

Postby lappen » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:24 am

Gnosis wrote:

once again blizz, gj.

You liked it the way it was before? And I understand you. But... no offence, Blizzard needed to change some things. You rogues are too overpowered. At least in PvP you are able to beat any class. My cousin has a PvP warrior. He created his character exactely for this: for being able to beat rogues. Now he needed a little time to level it, because it's an alt, he also have a main to deal with... In all that time he needed for level up, rogues' abilities was so nerfed that even he was fearing that he won't be able to beat them anymore, and so happened.

And by the way, I heard this quote somewhere, I don't remember where, but it's very well said: "There is no balance between classes. Blizzard does nothing but nerfing some classes so they become overpowered for some time, then nerfing others so that the first ones would be much weaker then them."

classes that my rogue right now can't kill.

Warrior: if skilled, any warrior can beat a rogue even when shadowstep kiting them.

Paladin: holy pally is nearly unbeatable. prot pally IS unbeatable (1v1 that is). ret pally pretty 50/50 with a rogue, beat able but still got huge crit that's hard to avoid.

Druid: balance: easy, tbh they need quite a buff in the form of getting the hell away from people. Feral: more armor, can heal in bear form (not much you may think. but loads for me) got a cat form that does incredible burst DPS even though they get weaker by time *cough* like shadowstep rogue *cough*. but they just have to go bear form and they've got us killed in no time. resto druid: woohohohooooo dude a skilled. wait no, an average druid can escape. outheal. and be protected to any of a rogues (except some lucky mutilate rogues) attacks.

skilled frost mages: yes, skilled frost mages can force my trinket, my escape artist and cloak of shadow out really fast and then they go shatter combo and i'm dead.

BM hunters: yeah yeah hunters sucks, but when meeting a skilled BM hunter. rogues got no chance, we get kited, me get moshed by pet, we get raped by their ranged attacks and they just keep on kiting us to death.

what more is there?

ehmm...

oh my, a skilled disc priest: if having the right amount of resilience and stamina. they can beat us with ease. the add damage to +healing gear really adds up to their random DoT/smite/holy fire/mind blast. though i'm almost always close to killing em, if they are skilled they can outheal my damage even when they're under 20%.

a good kiter elemental shaman: if they know what they're doing then they can kite me to death easily.

there may be things i've forgotten but meh. this is right now what can kill me and most other rogues.

if you think rogues are OP, then go play one yourself at 70. try to stand up for the pressure, it won't be easy i tell you.
lappen

Postby The Great JT » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:36 am

Well, I finally got a look at the WotLK paladin talents.

My Paladin's WotLK Build (Still A Work In Progress)
My Paladin's Current Build

I'm sick of healing, so I'm going Retribution in Wrath of the Lich King.

The Great JT

Postby Mcsham » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:31 am

lappen wrote:Warrior: if skilled, any warrior can beat a rogue even when shadowstep kiting them.

if skilled, any class can beat any other class.
Mcsham

Postby Suztang » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:14 am

lappen wrote:
Gnosis wrote:

once again blizz, gj.

classes that my rogue right now can't kill.

Warrior: if skilled, any warrior can beat a rogue even when shadowstep kiting them.

Paladin: holy pally is nearly unbeatable. prot pally IS unbeatable (1v1 that is). ret pally pretty 50/50 with a rogue, beat able but still got huge crit that's hard to avoid.

Druid: balance: easy, tbh they need quite a buff in the form of getting the hell away from people. Feral: more armor, can heal in bear form (not much you may think. but loads for me) got a cat form that does incredible burst DPS even though they get weaker by time *cough* like shadowstep rogue *cough*. but they just have to go bear form and they've got us killed in no time. resto druid: woohohohooooo dude a skilled. wait no, an average druid can escape. outheal. and be protected to any of a rogues (except some lucky mutilate rogues) attacks.

skilled frost mages: yes, skilled frost mages can force my trinket, my escape artist and cloak of shadow out really fast and then they go shatter combo and i'm dead.

BM hunters: yeah yeah hunters sucks, but when meeting a skilled BM hunter. rogues got no chance, we get kited, me get moshed by pet, we get raped by their ranged attacks and they just keep on kiting us to death.

what more is there?

ehmm...

oh my, a skilled disc priest: if having the right amount of resilience and stamina. they can beat us with ease. the add damage to +healing gear really adds up to their random DoT/smite/holy fire/mind blast. though i'm almost always close to killing em, if they are skilled they can outheal my damage even when they're under 20%.

a good kiter elemental shaman: if they know what they're doing then they can kite me to death easily.

there may be things i've forgotten but meh. this is right now what can kill me and most other rogues.

if you think rogues are OP, then go play one yourself at 70. try to stand up for the pressure, it won't be easy i tell you.

sounds like to me someone had multiple bad pvp experiences. rogues have alot of tricks poisons, stuns, blind, stealth, vanish! what more do you want? the day that rogues cant stun lock will be the day i agree rogues are nerfed.
Suztang

Next

Return to WoW