new patch

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby lappen » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:08 am

Suztang wrote:
lappen wrote:
The Great JT wrote:Or /gquit...

...plus they didn't lower the 5000g Artisan riding cost, which I think is bullshit.

as stated by blizzard. artisan riding is not needed. it is simply a show off thing. you only should need your 60% for quests. but since people always wants new stuff. they put in a really fast mount. not needed. but still there for 5000g.

and tbh i enjoy saving up for that, got 2400 gold now and still going. i feel so good, and when i finally reach there i will feel like i've done something big.

if you are gonna whine about it costing 5000g. well. go away, they won't lower it, atleast not until WotLK.


i disagree let me give an example: 2 guys see a mining node (or mob or w/e) one guys mount goes 60% faster the other guy has a netherdrake....which one is getting it first?

example 2: world pvp....that should explain it all

epic flying mounts are more useful than you think if they werent then what would be the point of epic ground mounts?

if you really need it that much. then you'll have to go grind those 5000g like me!

but normally you should just need 60% mount because of getting up to mountains where you can't get without flying mount.

and world pvp is just shit nowadays so whatever.

and if you want lower epic flying mount cost because you wanna get to a mining node faster then. lol.

it's the same shit with epic land mount. you will get faster around, you don't need to get faster around. but it's much smoother and better than slow one. but it does come with a price. it's just that at TBC the price went up to 5000g. and to be honest, if you do dailies every day getting 5000g is really a piece of cake...

stop wasting money. don't be lazy and say you'll do dailies tomorrow and jsut do em every day and you'll have one in a couple weeks.
lappen
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am

Postby Suztang » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:22 am

lappen wrote:
Suztang wrote:
lappen wrote:
The Great JT wrote:Or /gquit...

...plus they didn't lower the 5000g Artisan riding cost, which I think is bullshit.

as stated by blizzard. artisan riding is not needed. it is simply a show off thing. you only should need your 60% for quests. but since people always wants new stuff. they put in a really fast mount. not needed. but still there for 5000g.

and tbh i enjoy saving up for that, got 2400 gold now and still going. i feel so good, and when i finally reach there i will feel like i've done something big.

if you are gonna whine about it costing 5000g. well. go away, they won't lower it, atleast not until WotLK.


i disagree let me give an example: 2 guys see a mining node (or mob or w/e) one guys mount goes 60% faster the other guy has a netherdrake....which one is getting it first?

example 2: world pvp....that should explain it all

epic flying mounts are more useful than you think if they werent then what would be the point of epic ground mounts?

if you really need it that much. then you'll have to go grind those 5000g like me!

but normally you should just need 60% mount because of getting up to mountains where you can't get without flying mount.

and world pvp is just shit nowadays so whatever.

and if you want lower epic flying mount cost because you wanna get to a mining node faster then. lol.

it's the same shit with epic land mount. you will get faster around, you don't need to get faster around. but it's much smoother and better than slow one. but it does come with a price. it's just that at TBC the price went up to 5000g. and to be honest, if you do dailies every day getting 5000g is really a piece of cake...

stop wasting money. don't be lazy and say you'll do dailies tomorrow and jsut do em every day and you'll have one in a couple weeks.


i said nothing about the price i was merely stating that an epic flying mount is more than just a novelty item. the fact that theres a flying mount that goes faster than my epic land mount makes me want to get one. if you think its not a big deal to go faster then dont buy one, im not planning on spending my gold on anything else.
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Image
User avatar
Suztang
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:52 am
Location: stuck in virginia.....

Postby murderbear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Suztang wrote:
lappen wrote:
Suztang wrote:
lappen wrote:
The Great JT wrote:Or /gquit...

...plus they didn't lower the 5000g Artisan riding cost, which I think is bullshit.

as stated by blizzard. artisan riding is not needed. it is simply a show off thing. you only should need your 60% for quests. but since people always wants new stuff. they put in a really fast mount. not needed. but still there for 5000g.

and tbh i enjoy saving up for that, got 2400 gold now and still going. i feel so good, and when i finally reach there i will feel like i've done something big.

if you are gonna whine about it costing 5000g. well. go away, they won't lower it, atleast not until WotLK.


i disagree let me give an example: 2 guys see a mining node (or mob or w/e) one guys mount goes 60% faster the other guy has a netherdrake....which one is getting it first?

example 2: world pvp....that should explain it all

epic flying mounts are more useful than you think if they werent then what would be the point of epic ground mounts?

if you really need it that much. then you'll have to go grind those 5000g like me!

but normally you should just need 60% mount because of getting up to mountains where you can't get without flying mount.

and world pvp is just shit nowadays so whatever.

and if you want lower epic flying mount cost because you wanna get to a mining node faster then. lol.

it's the same shit with epic land mount. you will get faster around, you don't need to get faster around. but it's much smoother and better than slow one. but it does come with a price. it's just that at TBC the price went up to 5000g. and to be honest, if you do dailies every day getting 5000g is really a piece of cake...

stop wasting money. don't be lazy and say you'll do dailies tomorrow and jsut do em every day and you'll have one in a couple weeks.


i said nothing about the price i was merely stating that an epic flying mount is more than just a novelty item. the fact that theres a flying mount that goes faster than my epic land mount makes me want to get one. if you think its not a big deal to go faster then dont buy one, im not planning on spending my gold on anything else.


could go to an RP server and then go to goldshire and prolly buy an RP slave.
murderbear
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:33 am

Postby Gombol » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Esoth wrote:
Gombol wrote:Lol, yeah, sure.

4 crits of 4k in 5 seconds = not OP? gg.

Dude, get some resilience


I r prot warrior, i dont PVP idiot.
User avatar
Gombol
 
Posts: 973
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:38 am

Postby Frioz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Gombol wrote:
Esoth wrote:
Gombol wrote:Lol, yeah, sure.

4 crits of 4k in 5 seconds = not OP? gg.

Dude, get some resilience


I r prot warrior, i dont PVP idiot.


Then I'm going to dust off something that is said often and I don't use on people because I have no idea what your skill level is, but since you admit you don't pvp, then don't say shammans are OP because they can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time. You have no idea how the class is in arena, bgs, and endgame raiding.

My mage can crit for 3.2k plus 2k ice lance if I can get a shatter combo in less than 2.5s and I still get own by locks, disc priests, resto druids, skilled hunters (lucky for me those are rare and mostly i get huntards for some reason...), and rogues. The only thing that keeps me happy is sheeping half dead warriors and pallies just to kill them again.

So in conclusion to my essay and TL;DR, I suggest you first try out pvp before you start calling a class OP. If it is not your thing, of course you are entitle to your opinion, but from what I understand people don't talk about topics that they have no clue or very little information about it.
Last edited by Frioz on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Frioz
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:21 pm

Postby felldain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:20 pm

The change has no negative effect on veterans (except whiners ofc) last time we were 30/40 was over 2 years ago and the change now just makes the 30-40 boundary less painfull.
Oh and by the way i was being sarcastic!
User avatar
felldain
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:07 pm

Postby Hugginbear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:59 pm

murderbear wrote:
anyone know what the pally/locks quests are now?


Dunno about pally, but on my lowbie lock I just went to my trainer and bought summon felhorsey. Also gave me the ride skill, which means you get the mount and the ride skill for 85s. Pretty kick ass deal.

I have a couple 70's, a sixty, and a host of lowbie alts. Being that I have a lot of alts, I love this change. I haven't had to put up with beggars because I ignore random people, my high level characters are in a raiding guild with no low level mains, and my lowbie alts are in my bank guild.

Sounds more like you need to start gkicking beggars, and less like there's any inherent problem with lowering the level for mount training, honestly.
Hugginbear
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:10 am

Postby murderbear » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:47 am

Hugginbear wrote:
murderbear wrote:
anyone know what the pally/locks quests are now?


Dunno about pally, but on my lowbie lock I just went to my trainer and bought summon felhorsey. Also gave me the ride skill, which means you get the mount and the ride skill for 85s. Pretty kick ass deal.

I have a couple 70's, a sixty, and a host of lowbie alts. Being that I have a lot of alts, I love this change. I haven't had to put up with beggars because I ignore random people, my high level characters are in a raiding guild with no low level mains, and my lowbie alts are in my bank guild.

Sounds more like you need to start gkicking beggars, and less like there's any inherent problem with lowering the level for mount training, honestly.


thats exactly what my gm did last night was kick every1 who was begging for $.

and that blows. i want to pay 85s for my mount i paid 74g more than u did on my main T.T
murderbear
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:33 am

Postby Hugginbear » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:52 pm

Well, to be fair, I still payed the normal price on my three other characters who hit 40 and beyond before this patch.
Hugginbear
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:10 am

Postby murderbear » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:48 am

Hugginbear wrote:Well, to be fair, I still payed the normal price on my three other characters who hit 40 and beyond before this patch.

yea thats fair

but i was over at a friends house yesterday (he is lvl 70 and hes been saving up his cash from dailies for about 2 months now) and he had all of those epic bags in his inventory :D

already had his epic flyer
murderbear
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:33 am

Postby FenixStryk » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Frioz wrote:Are you one of the shammans that thinks they will be obliterated in arenas now that mage and lock armors aren't able to be disipell?
If you can't fully understand how big of an impact this has against Enhancement Shamans, you've yet to reach the meat of Arena, and have so far failed to grasp the state of WoW's current PvP "balance" (or lack there of). This buff in no way made it harder for Warriors and Rogues to do their job, yet it destroys what little foundation an Enh Shaman had to get up close and pray for lucky RNG WF crits.

What happened to Kalgan making Enhance Shamans the Arena spec for Shamans? There isn't even any logic to the change. First, an Enhance Shaman's 41 point PHYSICAL spell was dispellable for who knows how long. So they "fix" it by nerfing its PvE viability by 50%. Then they go on to buff two MAGICAL "Armors" by making them undispellable, but Shaman "Shields" are still dispellable? Armor =/= Shield? What?

It's just a complete injustice to Enh Shamans everywhere. Mages everywhere are just laughing in their faces with their "LOLFROSTBITEPROCWUT?!?!" to top their already great snares and CC. No amount of massive RNG burst can cover for this.
User avatar
FenixStryk
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Gorefiend

Postby Frioz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:56 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
Frioz wrote:Are you one of the shammans that thinks they will be obliterated in arenas now that mage and lock armors aren't able to be disipell?
If you can't fully understand how big of an impact this has against Enhancement Shamans, you've yet to reach the meat of Arena, and have so far failed to grasp the state of WoW's current PvP "balance" (or lack there of). This buff in no way made it harder for Warriors and Rogues to do their job, yet it destroys what little foundation an Enh Shaman had to get up close and pray for lucky RNG WF crits.

What happened to Kalgan making Enhance Shamans the Arena spec for Shamans? There isn't even any logic to the change. First, an Enhance Shaman's 41 point PHYSICAL spell was dispellable for who knows how long. So they "fix" it by nerfing its PvE viability by 50%. Then they go on to buff two MAGICAL "Armors" by making them undispellable, but Shaman "Shields" are still dispellable? Armor =/= Shield? What?

It's just a complete injustice to Enh Shamans everywhere. Mages everywhere are just laughing in their faces with their "LOLFROSTBITEPROCWUT?!?!" to top their already great snares and CC. No amount of massive RNG burst can cover for this.


First be glad that enh is worth in arenas. Very few if any fire mages exist in arena. You either go forst.... or frost for 3v3 and 2v2. Some have manage it of course mostly in 5v5, and the majority are pom/pyro, but compared to an enh shamman, I believe you guys have better representation compared to a fire mage.

Second, I dont understand your part about shield and armor. Do you think undispelled earth shield will pop enh shammans to the top? and water shield doesn't cost any mana at all. Maybe you can correct me but isn't lighting shield worth anything these days with the horrible damage it does?

Third, I hate dramatic people. I don't think "mages everywhere are just laughing their face off" with frostbite proc. At least I'm not laughing. The majority or seem to be mages, are mostly btching about how resto druids, Locks, disc priests, and rogue are owning them. Just go see the mage forums on wow official site. If you want to talk about great cc, fear and cyclone take those. Sheep heals anything that is used on. That is the price of being able to cast it fast and chain cast it (I herd you guys where getting hexed anyway).

I hardly believe that shields being undispellable was a way for blizzard to keep enh shammans down. Arcane intellect still can be dispell, Arcane Power (a talent point skill btw) can still be dispell, Combustion (again talent point skill) can be disipell, Slow can be dispell (a talent point also, but not by shammans, mostly a priest, palli, and resto druids on themselves, so very few mages take it) and whatever buff the mage has, it can be dispell since they have no anti dispell talent points.

Edit: This is my view, of course you have your view and I respect that. But I don't think purely believing one side and ignoring the other side really helps to understand better the argument. That is why I was saying shammans are not OP in the other argument that Gombol stated. You are right that I do not know how they are, but you also have no idea how mages are atm. I present my view, you can make your judgement and I respect yours with my counter argument. Take what you want or none of it. I'm fine with both.
Frioz
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:21 pm

Postby FenixStryk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:06 am

Frioz wrote:First be glad that enh is worth in arenas. Very few if any fire mages exist in arena. You either go forst.... or frost for 3v3 and 2v2. Some have manage it of course mostly in 5v5, and the majority are pom/pyro, but compared to an enh shamman, I believe you guys have better representation compared to a fire mage.
Comparing a Hybrid's specs to Pure-bred's specs isn't quite the same thing. Fire, Frost, and Arcane are ALL Ranged DPS specs. Elemental, Enhance, and Resto are completely different in terms of function. With a simple respec, Mages can indeed perform their function (Ranged DPS). For a Shaman, that is not the case: You either go Enh and suck, respec Resto (after getting new armor and learning the vastly different playstyle), or reroll. For pure-breds, at least they have the choice to not suck.

Second, I dont understand your part about shield and armor. Do you think undispelled earth shield will pop enh shammans to the top? and water shield doesn't cost any mana at all. Maybe you can correct me but isn't lighting shield worth anything these days with the horrible damage it does?
I'm not saying that buffing Shaman shields is necessary or in any way beneficial. I'm just saying that the leap in logic Blizz devs went through to somehow think Magic Armors should be undispellable (while leaving Shaman Shields unchanged) is hypocritical/biased in nature.

If you want to talk about great cc, fear and cyclone take those. Sheep heals anything that is used on. That is the price of being able to cast it fast and chain cast it (I herd you guys where getting hexed anyway).
I wouldn't consider Hex reliable for PvP. It's essentially a glorified Hammer of Justice, and in most cases, Poly > HoJ.

I don't want Mages to be broken either. But they shouldn't get half-baked buffs that barely help them and simultaneously kill off another injured class/spec.

That should be about it.
User avatar
FenixStryk
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Gorefiend

Postby murderbear » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:14 am

ARMS WARRIOR FTW!!!
murderbear
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:33 am

Postby Harina » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 am

The Great JT wrote:Or /gquit...

...plus they didn't lower the 5000g Artisan riding cost, which I think is bullshit.



It isn't really bullshit. Making it any lower would make this game too casual. We could already get really powerful arena gear without any skill besides knowing what to do in AV.
Image
User avatar
Harina
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 2:34 am

PreviousNext

Return to WoW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests