more info on dual specs

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby kozom1234 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am

Bright_eyes wrote:
100th post!!

GRATZ!!!!!

/confetti
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Chatrata » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:58 pm

My druid is balance atm, so i'll probably have his other spec as feral. On Chat... I'm not sure it's as important. He can only hurt stuff.
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby felorn » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Resto Feral druid....resto....never.....DIE!
felorn

Postby Clone-D » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:33 am

Ghostcrawler
[color=red]
Will the current respec costs be reset or will they stay at the curren
t 50g max? [/color]
[color=blue]If you mean will respec costs be changed permanently, no. If you mean will the costs be reset or will you get a free respec when this goes live, possibly.[/color]

[color=red]How about the cost of our second spec? If the respec fee starts out at 10c or 1s (I forgot what it starts as) shouldn't our "main" respec fee be reset?[/color]
[color=blue]A respec should be a respec.[/color]

[color=darkred]In regards to hunters and exotic pets. If I spec into the 51 point talent and I go to switch to survival how will I change pets? You said you wanted it to be somewhat easy to switch between specs but nothing trivial. Will we have a second pet that is automatically summoned when we switch specs? What about the extra four points our pet's talent trees have? How will those be taken away or replaced when changing specs?
[/color][color=blue]We have a solution for pets, but we're not ready to announce it yet. You'll like it[/color].

[color=darkred]Are there any plans to make switching gear sets easier? Healers, tanks and dps roles usually carry more than one set of gear. It can take up a lot of bag space and can be rather annoying at times. Is there a way to have your gear automatically switch when you change specs? [/color]
[color=blue]Not automatically, but we're aware of the issue and dual spec would be a really opportune time to examine it.[/color]

[color=darkred]How do you think dual specs will affect addons that modify the action bars?[/color]
[color=blue]It seems like it will be a hit and miss. The addons will either become broken or no harm, no foul and the addons work as intended.
I'm sure the addon authors will figure out how to make them work with the new system. Things can sometimes be a little rocky just following a patch if you use a lot
of addons. [/color]

[color=darkred]Dual-spec mechanics[/color]
[color=blue]We haven't finalized the design, because ideally we want to be able to get it on a PTR and have players try it out.[/color]
[color=blue]
Our thought at the moment is that swapping specs (going from A to B) will truly be free in towns and possibly during the prep phase of PvP. In an instance it may cost a nominal fee (think reagent level). We want you to be able to do it when you want to do it, but we also don't want to slow things down if everyone is constantly flipping spec from fight to fight. But if it's free in town, then obviously it can't be more of a burden out of town than just hearthing and being summoned back is or nobody will use the remote option.

Someone helpfully quoted our response on why we are likely to launch the feature with "on
ly" 2 specs.[/color]

EDIT:Bolded and added color to make it easyer to read
EDIT: X2, ok i cant get the colors to work. ill try again later, im feeling to lazey right now
Last edited by Clone-D on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your Dieing.
Clone-D

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:42 am

wow clone d bold GC's responses plz...hard to read :shock:

and WOW i wonder what they'll do for pets

and yeah...i assumed that it would be like a reagnet cost to change in insatnces...

kozom1234

Postby Shev » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:58 am

good thing i play pure dps classes -_-
Shev

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 pm

bold= question

blue= Ghostcrawler answer quote this and copy it clone d. (or delete yours)

Will the current respec costs be reset or will they stay at the current 50g max?

If you mean will respec costs be changed permanently, no. If you mean will the costs be reset or will you get a free respec when this goes live, possibly

How about the cost of our second spec? If the respec fee starts out at 10c or 1s (I forgot what it starts as) shouldn't our "main" respec fee be reset?

A respec should be a respec.

In regards to hunters and exotic pets. If I spec into the 51 point talent and I go to switch to survival how will I change pets? You said you wanted it to be somewhat easy to switch between specs but nothing trivial. Will we have a second pet that is automatically summoned when we switch specs? What about the extra four points our pet's talent trees have? How will those be taken away or replaced when changing specs?

We have a solution for pets, but we're not ready to announce it yet. You'll like it.

Are there any plans to make switching gear sets easier? Healers, tanks and dps roles usually carry more than one set of gear. It can take up a lot of bag space and can be rather annoying at times. Is there a way to have your gear automatically switch when you change specs?

Not automatically, but we're aware of the issue and dual spec would be a really opportune time to examine it.

How do you think dual specs will affect addons that modify the action bars?

It seems like it will be a hit and miss. The addons will either become broken or no harm, no foul and the addons work as intended.
I'm sure the addon authors will figure out how to make them work with the new system. Things can sometimes be a little rocky just following a patch if you use a lot of addons.

Dualspec mechanics

We haven't finalized the design, because ideally we want to be able to get it on a PTR and have players try it out.

Our thought at the moment is that swapping specs (going from A to B) will truly be free in towns and possibly during the prep phase of PvP. In an instance it may cost a nominal fee (think reagent level). We want you to be able to do it when you want to do it, but we also don't want to slow things down if everyone is constantly flipping spec from fight to fight. But if it's free in town, then obviously it can't be more of a burden out of town than just hearthing and being summoned back is or nobody will use the remote option.

Someone helpfully quoted our response on why we are likely to launch the feature with "only" 2 specs.

kozom1234

Postby crashbang » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 am

Shev wrote:good thing i play pure dps classes -_-

solo'ing spec->raiding/5-mans spec...

for example i'll be 51 point BM for solo'ing, and marks or survival for raiding.
In order to remain peaceful you must kick the ass of the first idiot to give you a good reason...

P.S. The message above may or may not be fueled by copious amounts of sleep deprivation...I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!
crashbang

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:28 am

im fury/prot atm. im dps, but im ready to tank whenever the need arises. just last night i ended up tanking VH. i being the somewhat skill 77 warrior that i am, i accidently dps tanked :roll: i did not rip aggro, the tank just sat down and refused to tank because he was bitching on how hard it was to find drood tanking gear.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby typhy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:15 am

Good, and bad idea. Good, because we won't need to respec as often. Bad, as the people can switch from one to another so freely. In town CD on dual speccing should be 2 hours, out of town 24 hours. Respeccing though has no CD, but costs, but still changes action bars and glyphs. This will discourage major respeccing hrough buying, as well as discourage changing every single pull. Personally, it's only useful for not having to pay, and not having to go anywhere.

It's a good idea, just a bad way to use it as they are suggesting.
typhy

Postby typhy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:18 am

Bunnytots wrote:bitching on how hard it was to find drood tanking gear.

Seriously? xD My druid at level 74 have 2 full sets. Melee DPS and Tank. Only spent 30g also. Sets include: Rings, all pieces of armor, necklace, and weapons. Only shared things are trinkets and my idol. And he should know that he will be asked to DPS rather then tank if the guild/group has enough tanks, because druids are the most versatile for DPS to Tank to DPS again.
typhy

Postby Bunnytots » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:32 am

he wanted to be tank. so i was like hehehehe i dont have to tank VH and i can dps and not get yelled at unless i do something stupid.
but back on topic:
i would also choose;
any rez spell.
death grip
summon infernal

rez makes me bring ppl back to life for money, death grip i can grab far away objects, and summon infernal just o be an asshole.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Redneckizm » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:01 pm

If you wanna Rez somebody, roll a Priest, Shammy, Pally or Druid... or take up Engineering & get you some Jumper Cables

If you want Deathgrip, roll a DK like everybody else...

If you wanna summon Infernals... roll a Warlock

Jeesh, and I thought Hunters wanted EVERYTHING Be happy you can actually Raid in DPS Spec now and Dual Wield 2H Weapons...

Which brings me to my other rant...

If it's a 2 HANDED WEAPON... that means it takes 2 Hands to hold & use it... THAT is 1 of the things that concerns me with all the changes. So, Warriors can Dual Wield 2H weapons but we still only have 2 fingers to put rings on, How does that work? Did we lose our opposable thumbs too??

Try this, Strip your charachter down, take off all the weapons and armor, then equip/take off the Trinkets... Where exactly are the trinkets on your body? And what happens to the Staff when the Druid switches into Bear form? (I did see a comic that explained that Druid part)
World of Warcraft - It's not a Passion, It's an Obsession.

It's NOT a Game, It's a full time Hobby!
Redneckizm

Postby crashbang » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Redneckizm wrote:If you wanna Rez somebody, roll a Priest, Shammy, Pally or Druid... or take up Engineering & get you some Jumper Cables

If you want Deathgrip, roll a DK like everybody else...

If you wanna summon Infernals... roll a Warlock

Jeesh, and I thought Hunters wanted EVERYTHING Be happy you can actually Raid in DPS Spec now and Dual Wield 2H Weapons...

Which brings me to my other rant...

If it's a 2 HANDED WEAPON... that means it takes 2 Hands to hold & use it... THAT is 1 of the things that concerns me with all the changes. So, Warriors can Dual Wield 2H weapons but we still only have 2 fingers to put rings on, How does that work? Did we lose our opposable thumbs too??

Try this, Strip your charachter down, take off all the weapons and armor, then equip/take off the Trinkets... Where exactly are the trinkets on your body? And what happens to the Staff when the Druid switches into Bear form? (I did see a comic that explained that Druid part)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./Our Cruisers cannot repel whining of this\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . / magnitude! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . \
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _,,,--~~~~~~~~--,_ . . . .\. __________________________________/
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,- : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :º -, . . \/. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . .,- :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : : : -, . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . ,- :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : : :O -, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .,- : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : , : : :º :::: :::: ::; . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .,- / / : :: :: :: :: : : :::: :::-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;\ . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . /,-, :: : : : : : : : : :: :: :: : -, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;;| . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . /,,- :: :: :: :: :: :: :: : ::_,-~~,_-, ;; ;; ;; ;; | . . . . . . .
. . . . . _/ :, :/ :: :: :: : : :: :: _,-/ : ,-;-~-, ;; ;; ;;, . . . . . . . .
. . . ,- / : : : : : : ,- : : :,-- : || /,----__, \ ;; ;,- . . . . . . . .
. . . \ :/,, : : : _,- --,,_ : : \ :\ ||/ /,--x### ::\ \ ;;/ . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . \/ /--- : \ #\ : :\ : : \ :\ \| | : (O##º : :/ /- . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . /,____ : :\ -#\ : \, : :\ :\ \ \ : -,___,-,-`-,, . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . ) : : : :--,,--,,,,,,¯ \ \ :: ::--,,_-,,¯ :- :-, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .) : : : : : : ,, : ~~~~ \ :: :: :: :¯ :: ,- :,/\ . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .\,/ /|\\| | :/ / : : : : : : : ,-, :: :: :: :: ::,-- :,- \ \ . . . . . . . .
. . . . .\\|\\ \|/ / / :: :_--,, : , | ); :: :: :: :,- : ,- : : :\ \, . . . . . . .
. . . ./¯ : | \ |\ : |/\ :: ::----, :\/ : | / :: :: ,- : :,- : : : : : : -,,_ . . . .
. . ..| : : :/ -(, :: :: :: ~,,,,, :: ,- : :,- : : : : : : : : :,-\\ . . . .
. ,- : : : | : : ) : : :¯~-,: : ,-- : :,- : : : : : : : : : ,- :¯-,_ .
./ : : : : :-, :: | :: :: :: _,,-¯ : ,-- : : : : : : : : : : : / : : : : : : :-,
/ : : : : : -, :¯¯ : : _,,-~ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : :¯~~~~~~ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :
In order to remain peaceful you must kick the ass of the first idiot to give you a good reason...

P.S. The message above may or may not be fueled by copious amounts of sleep deprivation...I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!
crashbang

Postby Thatguy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:18 pm

Redneckizm wrote: Try this, Strip your charachter down, take off all the weapons and armor, then equip/take off the Trinkets... Where exactly are the trinkets on your body? And what happens to the Staff when the Druid switches into Bear form? (I did see a comic that explained that Druid part)

Explain why do mages can create fire out of their hands, how eating heals people, how raidbosses don't die after a couple of shots, and then you'll be able to worry about completely irrelevant stuff as trinkets.
Thatguy

PreviousNext

Return to WoW