more info on dual specs

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby Clone-D » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:34 am

Thatguy wrote:
Redneckizm wrote: Try this, Strip your charachter down, take off all the weapons and armor, then equip/take off the Trinkets... Where exactly are the trinkets on your body? And what happens to the Staff when the Druid switches into Bear form? (I did see a comic that explained that Druid part)

Explain why do mages can create fire out of their hands, how eating heals people, how raidbosses don't die after a couple of shots, and then you'll be able to worry about completely irrelevant stuff as trinkets.

1. magic.
2. who cares, its an excuse for undead to be cannibalistic.
2. Cause chuck norris said so.
4. ???
5. profit.
Your Dieing.
Clone-D

Postby crashbang » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:57 am

Clone-D wrote:
Thatguy wrote:
Redneckizm wrote: Try this, Strip your charachter down, take off all the weapons and armor, then equip/take off the Trinkets... Where exactly are the trinkets on your body? And what happens to the Staff when the Druid switches into Bear form? (I did see a comic that explained that Druid part)

Explain why do mages can create fire out of their hands, how eating heals people, how raidbosses don't die after a couple of shots, and then you'll be able to worry about completely irrelevant stuff as trinkets.

1. magic.
2. who cares, its an excuse for undead to be cannibalistic.
2. Cause chuck norris said so.
4. ???
5. profit.

yup, that's blizz's exp[lanaition for most things. Q: How can fire be crystalized? A: Magic
In order to remain peaceful you must kick the ass of the first idiot to give you a good reason...

P.S. The message above may or may not be fueled by copious amounts of sleep deprivation...I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!
crashbang

Postby typhy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:05 pm

If WoW was as realistic as possible, (as seen in a comic) How the hell could we fly back in BC times when we had Mounts in our back pack, extra sets of armor, tons of food that never rots, and a pet if your a hunter >.>

I like its unrealistic properties. Tauren have 2 fingers, and.. Wait, how the hell do taurens flip people off? Anyways, who wears thumb rings nowadays? xD
typhy

Postby judgement14 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:09 pm

typhy wrote:If WoW was as realistic as possible, (as seen in a comic) How the hell could we fly back in BC times when we had Mounts in our back pack, extra sets of armor, tons of food that never rots, and a pet if your a hunter >.>

I like its unrealistic properties. Tauren have 2 fingers, and.. Wait, how the hell do taurens flip people off? Anyways, who wears thumb rings nowadays? xD

THUMB-RING MAN DOES

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby kozom1234 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:27 am

YESSS!!!!

http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/02/12/du ... ostcrawler

here's the summary.

GOOD

1. We'll be getting a "Gear Manager" that will let us quickly and easily change out gear, either for the two specs or just to "strut around town." (This is the official Itemrack we've heard about.) (yay no more having to have my arena, PvE balance, resto, and town gear all in my bags :D )

2. Hunters will be able to respec their pets at will, and they will get a new long cooldown ability that will let them remotely access their stables.

3. Players who respec will be able to configure their talents before they are saved. (quote: With the dual spec feature, we are going to allow players who respec to configure all their talents before they get saved. They will be able to allocate the points, then choose if they want to use that as their spec, rather than needing to carefully diagram out their talents ahead of time. This will allow players a little more freedom when deciding on the talents they want to pick and avoid costly mistakes. )

4. And while the system is starting with two specs, Blizzard is considering adding more in the future.

5. Glyphs will be tied to each talent spec so that if you switch between them, so too will the Glyphs. You’ll notice the UI will have changed a little bit so that the Glyph panes show up alongside the Talent panes now that they are associated.

6. you will be able to save hotbars and use them with your talent specs. It just saves your bars at the same time as it saves the glyphs and talents. If you want to switch to your other action bar, you will need to change specs.

POSSIBLY BAD

1. Players will be able to try out the dual spec system on the Public Test Realms when they are made available. This has been a pretty big project with a lot of people working toward making it a reality in the game. We’ll definitely be watching the feedback and looking for ways of making sure the system works the way we all envisioned it to. (so may not be in 3.1, hoping it is...)

2. Players will be able to visit their trainer and pay a one-time fee to be able to use it. (may be good, may be bad depends on price... lets hope MUCH LOWER than some gold sinks in WoW.)

NOT SO GOOD

1. you'll need to be at a Lexicon of Power to change out your spec, or Inscribers will be able to make one (maybe reusable, maybe not...so good or bad) that will be summonable by "a ritual of several players" (no number given yet...so if two ppl not so bad...10 maybe a little. So it possibly may just become a "free" switch between two specs while in town, and not anywhere you want.)
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Renkonel » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:57 am

I read this too, i can't wait, it'll be great for switching between pvp and pve, and if the price is too much i can say for sure not too many people will get it.

Renkonel

Postby kozom1234 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:01 pm

I'd buy it if it was 200g or so...no more since i don't swap much (but maybe i would considering how balance looks...)

kozom1234

Postby à» Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:22 pm

Same...I'd be willing to pay 300g or so, but maybe lesss seein' as it's probably gonna be overproduced when it comes out like Gnomish Army Knives...
ÃÂ

Postby kozom1234 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:37 pm

kk so i changed my druid spec up a bit for dual specs

Druid

Balance PvE

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=0 ... 1220040607

Restoration PvE / PvP

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=0 ... 1521060704

(opinons?)

and here's where i need you, DD (and anyone who plays a DK.) What do you think of my specs?

Death Knight

Tanking

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn ... 1909060105

PvP/DPS

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn ... 0914060105

also, I've made it my goal to get wotlk this weekend (moms out of town :twisted: ) wish me luck :shock:

kozom1234

Postby judgement14 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:23 pm

if its really easy to do
im gonna be in a group where we switch every time we can

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:13 pm

The price in PTR is currently 1000g (stupid 0 key...), log in to go complain to make it cheaper :P !
Last edited by kozom1234 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kozom1234

Postby à» Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:02 pm

I assume you mean 1000g? :?
ÃÂ

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:39 am

Why does 1kg matter? Blizz said it would be for 80s only so I don't see what the big deal is.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Kodykahn » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:56 am

Heh, 1kg... I'm hardly over 700g, mainly because I'm lazy, I'm currently leveling my little shaman, she's level 23 atm ^^, but I'm finding that mining/skinning is a decent money maker, first attempt at it, everytime I visit a town, about every 2-3 levels depending on if I'm in a questing trend or working on skilling up, I usually get a load of Copper/Bronze/Tin ores, with coarse stone selling decently on my server, so far everytime I visit a town i get about 30-35g at level 23, as i level her higher, I think I will find it goes up quite a bit, I'll eventually be able to keep myself stable over 1kg ^^, guess what I get for being lazy...

But on a related note, I can't wait for this dual speccs, I hate paying 50g for respecc and 65g for reglyphing to go from feral to Resto all the time, I would happily pay 1kg for it, I respecc far to much, and it's getting ridiculous >.<
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby à» Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:26 am

ÃÂ

PreviousNext

Return to WoW