http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/02/12/du ... ostcrawler
here's the summary.
1. We'll be getting a "Gear Manager" that will let us quickly and easily change out gear, either for the two specs or just to "strut around town." (This is the official Itemrack we've heard about.) (yay no more having to have my arena, PvE balance, resto, and town gear all in my bags
2. Hunters will be able to respec their pets at will, and they will get a new long cooldown ability that will let them remotely access their stables.
3. Players who respec will be able to configure their talents before they are saved. (quote: With the dual spec feature, we are going to allow players who respec to configure all their talents before they get saved. They will be able to allocate the points, then choose if they want to use that as their spec, rather than needing to carefully diagram out their talents ahead of time. This will allow players a little more freedom when deciding on the talents they want to pick and avoid costly mistakes. )
4. And while the system is starting with two specs, Blizzard is considering adding more in the future.
5. Glyphs will be tied to each talent spec so that if you switch between them, so too will the Glyphs. YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll notice the UI will have changed a little bit so that the Glyph panes show up alongside the Talent panes now that they are associated.
6. you will be able to save hotbars and use them with your talent specs. It just saves your bars at the same time as it saves the glyphs and talents. If you want to switch to your other action bar, you will need to change specs.
1. Players will be able to try out the dual spec system on the Public Test Realms when they are made available. This has been a pretty big project with a lot of people working toward making it a reality in the game. WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll definitely be watching the feedback and looking for ways of making sure the system works the way we all envisioned it to. (so may not be in 3.1, hoping it is...)
2. Players will be able to visit their trainer and pay a one-time fee to be able to use it. (may be good, may be bad depends on price... lets hope MUCH LOWER than some gold sinks in WoW.)
NOT SO GOOD
1. you'll need to be at a Lexicon of Power to change out your spec, or Inscribers will be able to make one (maybe reusable, maybe not...so good or bad) that will be summonable by "a ritual of several players" (no number given yet...so if two ppl not so bad...10 maybe a little. So it possibly may just become a "free" switch between two specs while in town, and not anywhere you want.)