Funniest wipe?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby typhy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:51 am

Nexus (As a 77 Druid, as tank): First Boss (The mage boss), she uses her gravity shifter thing that sends you flying around. When we all came back down, I charged in and took aggro. However, our healer was typing something during the gravity thing, and didn't heal me until he finished typing. He finished typing after I died.... >.>

Nexus, same group: Right after we finally got the first boss down, we went to start clearing the next set of mobs. I had just found out, the second I pulled, we lost a party member, and our healer was AFK. O.o It would have been fine for a little bit, but the mage in our group didn't see the marking pattern soon enough, and pulled a pat that he thought was engaged. So, there we were, a mage, a hunter, and a tank druid taking on 6 mobs. We took all but one down, because the mage pulled aggro after using all his AoEs as well as possible before I even got aggro on all of them, and the hunter decided to feign death as soon as the mage died (Feign death resisted as well). So, now our healers back, dead, and says, "Wth happened?" I reply, "Oh, I thought we could take on 6 mobs without a healer. Silly me."
typhy

Postby Shev » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:39 am

high astromancer I became the bomb when my mouse started freaking out and I blinked into the MT killing him and the rest of melee
Shev

Postby kozom1234 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:57 am

Shev wrote:high astromancer I became the bomb when my mouse started freaking out and I blinked into the MT killing him and the rest of melee

lol, minus 5000 DKP? :lol:
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Shev » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:35 pm

it was worth it.
Shev

Postby The Great JT » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:11 pm

This wasn't really a "funniest wipe," more like a "funniest boss kill." It's pretty much the first time my guild, Asmodeus destroyers (yes, the d in "destroyers is lower-case), was doing Heigan the Unclean, and most of our DPS and a healer died by the end of the second "group dance." All that was left was me (A retribution paladin), a warrior tank, two Resto-druids and a hunter. After a literal 10-minute boss fight, we finally killed Heigan. Our priest healer that died actually said...
I went and had a smoke, came back and you're still fighting.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Jaro » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:29 pm

We did something like that in 25 man naxx :P had 10 people left alive, hehe.

But in OS the other day, we'd just cleared all the drakes for the 10 man, and we sitting infront of Sarth waiting to discuss our tactics when the tank just goes and pulls. He doesn't put the boss in the right place, we try telling him, all while trying to recover and still avoid the flame walls. Then one healer dies, then another, then a chunk of the dps, till we're down half the raid, and what do we do? We get the boss to 45k health. XD We had one healer, plus me healing when ever I had maelstrom (enhance shammy!), a tank on the adds, a tank on the boss and a hunter. And we just kept going! I seriously thought we were going to down him XD
Jaro

Postby Thatguy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:25 pm

We 5-manned H-Heigan, beat that.

Took what? 35 minutes?
Thatguy

Postby The Great JT » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:17 pm

For those curious about my tale, the other party members were a holy priest, a rogue, a mage, another hunter and a tank DK. But let's forget about them because they suck and died in the Heigan dance.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Bunnytots » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:15 am

i died in the dance my first time on saturday. good news is that we cleared spider and plague our first 25man attempt ^_^
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby sankto » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:39 am

Heroic Nexus, the tank went afk in the middle of the fight against the final boss.

And never came back until he got DC'd. I think he took the right decision.
sankto

Postby Sarlyza » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Kel'thuzad 25 man with my guild for the first time.

Halfway the fight, tank loses all aggro and everything goes berserk, with us dying rapidly.

On ventrilo, the message "..Is that a blessing of protection on Kel?" pops up..

Guess what happened? XD :roll:
Sarlyza

Postby Redneckizm » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:16 am

Both of my 1st 2 days on H Utguarde Keep attempting to get the crossbow, Phase 2 when the axes came out and started raping the DPS, the healer was struggling to keep up, boss was down to 5% when tank died, pally healer bubbles and started running for the entrance.

Rest of us released, zoned back in and went to the round room for the 1st boss, Pally healer kited the boss back to us since he would stop to do the knockback, Pally kept himself healed and we finished him off there.

Not a funny wipe, just a funny finish.

3rd day we had him down to 1% when the Tank died, Lock & Boomkin got 1 shotted, all that was left me (Hunter) and Pally tank, Boss was dotted and came at me, I got knocked down and soon as I got up he was on top of me and I finished him off with a Raptor Strike! Melee Hunter FTW! Good times.... the following 21 days of attempts went rather boring after that :? 24 consecutive days of running H UK and I finally got the Crossbow!
Redneckizm

Postby Kodykahn » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:11 am

I think my funniest wipe would be on the first day I went Resto, we were running Heroic Grun'drak, however you spell it, and we got to the mojo boss dude, we get though first mojo form phase fine, and he jumps back into his body, then, I guess I was standing a little to close, and he walks up and whacks me, one shotting me for 15k damage O.o;; rest of the group died pretty fast because they had no clue what happened, but we all found it quite funny.
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Strattonni » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 am

it was along time ago when i was only lvl 24 and i was tanking RFK,

i was dying quite quickly so after a battle i asked the healer, dude im nearly dying half the time why arnt you healing me?!?

he then turned around and said *your a paladin you can heal yourself*

i felt like slapping him then
Training dummies only exist so warriors have an opponent with equal intelligence to fight.

Strattonni

Location: In Dalaran coming up with somthing witty to put as location.

Postby ZhakoT » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:21 am

In Normal HoL. It was my first time there. I was tanking it. The first boss and the second was mothing more than the portal keepers in VH. So we came to the third boss. My friend said. The tank doesn't have to avoid the sparks. So i'm like k. I never did this before. So we got him down to the last set of sparks. My friend the healer died. and told me. Are you fucking dumb on vent. So i said. WTf do you want me to do dude? Lay on hands ALRIGHT!
ZhakoT

PreviousNext

Return to WoW