Ninja problem

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Ninja problem

Postby FDQ » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:52 am

So, I recently encountered my very first raid in Onyxias Lair and was having fun until it was loot time.

Every single drop was need rolled by a certain Death Knight... priest books, leather boots, shaman gear, druid gear etc., stuff he could NEVER be able to use.

And that's not the worst part. The worst part was: Ninja was a member of my guild and my friend IN REAL LIFE >_<

Everyone got pissed off and threw him out of the group before we went on to ZG.

I was pissed off aswell and gave him a big ass scolding. And he was still unable to understand that ninja items is a bad thing. He kept asking if he could come along to ZG and shit.

OMG! How can I make this kid understand that it's not a good thing to need stuff you don't need?!

If he keeps doing it, it's gonna be bad for the guild and me eventually, 'cause no one wants to be in a guild with a ninja! But I can't throw him out 'cause he's one of my only friends IRL.

Gah >_<
FDQ

Postby Lihonessa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:22 am

I don't know what's more stupid, the fact that he didn't know that ninja looting was or the fact that you didn't have Master Looter on.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby wnxcow » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:27 am

i did several onyxia runs, with always 1 or somtimes 2 lvl 60-62 people..

we had like 6 lvl 70+ no master loot and everyone rolled on it as ur supposed to...

as the OP said about that ninja... well... i'd say i smack his face and call him a b*tch for ninja looting... tell him irl that when u need on an item u cannot use, it's called a ninja.. if he will say he didn;t know what was wrong... call him ebayer :D :P

wnxcow

Postby Bunnytots » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:13 am

at first i would tell you to quit your bitching since its not like you can USE any of those items endgame, but then ninjaing is wrong so you did the right thing.

but he prolly thought those items useless and the books are mainly vendor trash (at least the strat ones are) so he may have ninjad for that reason.

i personally am glad that i won my heroic dreadnaught chestpiece over a ninja ^_-. he thought everyone had rolled and we had masterloot, but the lead was a tard who got the vault fight all wrong and stood in the falling rocks and the farts, then moved when spiked.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Lihonessa » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:17 am

wnxcow wrote:we had like 6 lvl 70+ no master loot and everyone rolled on it as ur supposed to...

I hear you have little raiding experience yet, because you're not supposed to not have Master Looter on in raids. Keeping it on prevents ninja looters. :wink:

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Chatrata » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:24 am

Ouch, thats bad. Especially if you knew them IRL.

However, my little raid experience tells me that Liho is right about Master Looter. Although, when I did my first ever Karazhan Yesterday at level 76, we accidently Group Looted Attumen and Opera.

For those who care how it went, after a curator wipe (noob DK's fault) four people left, another two DC'ed and we eventually gave up on Aran.
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby wnxcow » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:29 am

Lihonessa wrote:
wnxcow wrote:we had like 6 lvl 70+ no master loot and everyone rolled on it as ur supposed to...

I hear you have little raiding experience yet, because you're not supposed to not have Master Looter on in raids. Keeping it on prevents ninja looters. :wink:

true liho i only raided onyxia and ZG.. and because it were achievemtn + gear runs for lower lvls, we didnt put in master loot all the time.. altho 1 timer at onyxia the leader did, cuz he knew someone wanted to ninja everything

ZG was with ML tho!

wnxcow

Postby Tankorr » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:56 pm

It's Onyxia's Lair - who cares about that loot? :?

If you're 80, just go there and solo it.
Tankorr

Postby Bunnytots » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:31 pm

aye, it is soloble at 80, just make sure u have a friend not doing anything form a raid with you so can go it. its an easy fight if u know how to play ur class well.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Aceed » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:42 pm

Tankorr wrote:It's Onyxia's Lair - who cares about that loot? :?

If you're 80, just go there and solo it.

Well, ninjaing is still wrong, so he did the right thing kicking the friend.
lol, we're creepy.
Aceed

Postby Lihonessa » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:08 am

Yea, especially if there are more people who need something.
I got boosted on my level 60 DK by a level 80 friend of mine, and I won the Head, a ring, the sack of gems, and the bag fair and square. And my group was with two other level 60's as well. :)

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby FDQ » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:33 am

Woudn't have been much of a problem if it had been all lvl 80s there, but only 3 of us were' 75+. Rest were 62 to 65. So they could all have easily used some of the items unlike my ninja buddy O_o
FDQ

Postby Aceed » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:00 am

FDQ wrote:Woudn't have been much of a problem if it had been all lvl 80s there, but only 3 of us were' 75+. Rest were 62 to 65. So they could all have easily used some of the items unlike my ninja buddy O_o

No, THAT isn't a problem at all. If you didn't know, Outland greens > Classic epics. Most people don't understand this, though.
lol, we're creepy.
Aceed

Postby Lihonessa » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:51 am

Aceed wrote:
FDQ wrote:Woudn't have been much of a problem if it had been all lvl 80s there, but only 3 of us were' 75+. Rest were 62 to 65. So they could all have easily used some of the items unlike my ninja buddy O_o

No, THAT isn't a problem at all. If you didn't know, Outland greens > Classic epics. Most people don't understand this, though.

Wrong. Outland greens are basically just vendor/AH trash. It's the Outland blues that outclass Classic epics, but some Classic epics cannot be replaced by other blues until Zangarmarsh.

Take Onyxia's Blood Talisman and Ring of Binding for an example.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Aceed » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Lihonessa wrote:
Aceed wrote:

Wrong. Outland greens are basically just vendor/AH trash. It's the Outland blues that outclass Classic epics, but some Classic epics cannot be replaced by other blues until Zangarmarsh.

Take Onyxia's Blood Talisman and Ring of Binding for an example.

K you were right. But it's not like they weren't going to be replaced within 2 levels, tops, so still doesn't really matter what he ninja'd compared to the fact THAT he ninja'd.
lol, we're creepy.
Aceed

Next

Return to WoW