Ichibi wrote:I agree with Ted and DD, never liked neither Twillight nor Beatles

Twilight is ebil.

dont say that you get acid thrown in your face
and then stabbed by a compass

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby judgement14 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:25 am

also cookie
i think he didnt want to do the multiplayer mode on account of all the 10 year olds

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby The Great JT » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 pm

The following are overrated (all hands man the Bile Harpoons!):

-Dragonforce. They made, like, one song for a Guitar Hero game and even then it's insanely hard to the point that nobody who favors the use of their fingers would play it. If you can 100% that song, you have earned my pity.

-Halo. As a shooter franchise, it's above-average, but on story, it's horrible. I'll stick to Half-Life, since it's a great story and great gameplay.

-Twilight. I never understood why these 14-year-old love-starved goths love Twilight. The vampire aspect I could respect, but only if they behaved like vampires: stalking, seducing their prey and feeding on them, but they don't ACT like vampires! Example, when exposed to direct sunlight, vampires are supposed to FUCKING DIE. In Twilight, by contrast, they twinkle. What in the unholy name of ass kind of shit is that?! Also, vampires can't cross running water. Now I may be crossing into enemy territory against my will, but does that fuckwit Edward or whatever the shit his name is cross a river or stream in Twilight? That's running water, and that means he can't cross it! Ok, those are my only examples of why this series is an insult to vampires. Someone needs to throw this bitch who made the series into Dracula's Castle or get Alucard on her ass.

-Miley Cyrus. If you're in the south, you've probably had to suffer through at least one hearing of Billy Ray Cyrus' song "Achy Breaky Heart" in between country songs about the artist fucking his sister. And now we have his kid fucking up music for a reason known as "Disneyfication". In this reason, said young talentless hack actress is thrown into a music and acting career in an attempt to win the hearts of young children instead of the way they should be doing it, WITH MICKEY MOUSE CARTOONS. I mean, let's see who else they've done this to: Tia and Tamara Mowley (if I spelled that right), Hillary Duff and Lindsay Lohan. All three examples (four if you want to count Tia and Tamara as two people, since they are) have had shows on Disney, the last two have had acting careers, and all of them have tanked and spun off into obscurity. Clearly, Disney's marketing plans have backfired and they need to stop it and just throw Mickey Mouse at the kids again, because a cartoon mouse being put in overly-strange scenarios is more appealing than some piece of jailbait.

-Guitar Hero. *WARNING* This one is gonna be bad. Let's get something straight, I don't think Guitar Hero is a bad game. I mean who hasn't played air guitar? Now you have a game that is glorified air guitar. But around the time Harmonix left to go make Rock Band and leave Guitar Hero 3 in the butterfingered hands of Red Octane and Activision (the guys behind the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater franchise, who pretty much hit the copy-paste button like they were channeling EA or like George Lucas did butchering the Star Wars franchise almost to the point where I now expect him to make E.T. 2: The Invasion of E.T.'s Homeworld), RO and A went off the straight and narrow to try and make additions to the GH franchise. Boss battles in 3 would have been tolerable if they had more than just Slash as the bosses. I don't consider the guitarist from Rage Against The Machine a legend of rock, as the full name of GH3 would imply. Some of my suggestions for bosses for the Guitar Hero series include Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen), "Dimebag" Darell Abbot (RIP, Pantera), Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell) and K.K. Downing (Judas Priest). Then they make a game focused completely around beating off Aerosmith (like those guys need any more people beating them off) and at the same time pretty much making Guitar Hero 3.1: The Aerosmith Patch, and now they're pulling that same bullshit with the Metallica version of Guitar Hero: World Tour. Guitar Hero: On Tour for the DS was an interesting little attempt at a portable port of GH, but with only about half the tracks and the quality cut down to that of a broken record. And then there's World Tour, which in almost the definition of irony, the GH guys decided to rip off Harmonix and implement a bass, drum and vocals section and make Guitar Hero: Rock Band. But probably the worst thing about this game is the songs range from Bon Jovi and Wings to Willie Nelson (A COUNTRY ARTIST) and some obscure foreign bands. Now I have nothing against foreign bands, I mean look at the british metal tag team of Black Sabbath/Judas Priest/Iron Maiden. But when the lyrics are in foreignese, something has gone wrong. When I look at a Guitar Hero game, I think of being flanked by Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Led Zepplin and the like. Now I have to play country songs?! What the hell were they smoking?!

Oh and my biggest complaint, NO GH GAME YET HAS HAD STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!! THAT SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO RELEASE THE GAME!! Also, it took them this long, all the way to the fifth console game (counting Guitar Hero 2: Rock The 80s, which is what it is, a repackaging of 1980s pop and metal songs in GH2 graphics) to put Metallica on the soundtrack. Now I can understand Metallica being skeptical and it taking them up 'til now to get on board after seeing record sales for the bands featured in the GH and Rock Band games, but first of all, the dedicated an entire goddamn game to it which could easily be repackaged in CD format and be called "Best of Metallica". But come on, if there's any one band that's sucked a big "sellout" cock, it's Metallica. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those Metallica fans who thinks the band immediately flipped the switch labelled "sucks" after The Black Album came out (quite contrary, I love Enter Sandman). After the bullshit they caused with Napster saying they weren't making money because of the downloaders, they really lost some metal cred, but the number one sin they commited and cost them ALL metal credentials was THEY CUT THEIR HAIR. Heavy metal bands do NOT cut their hair or have tattoos removed. This is metal law under penalty of trampling under the fanbase's pet brontosaurus! Plus, their new albums (St. Anger, Death Magnetic) suck in comparison to Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lightning, Kill 'Em All and ...And Justice For All.

EDIT:

The Great JT on The Beatles being compared to The Jonas Brothers...

To me, the Beatles are the pinnacle of what a GOOD pop rock band is. I'm not one of those freaks who love every Beatles song ever made, granted they do have a lot of good songs. I like a few songs (Yellow Submarine, I'm Only Sleeping), and that's enough for me. They have a few things about them I don't like (the "bigger than Jesus" crack), but they actually had what 99% of every band this day doesn't have: TALENT.

Now a lot of things I hear about are how kids these days are saying the Jonas Brothers are the best band ever and that the Beatles are shit compared to them. Let's look at this side-by-side.

Jonas Brothers: 3 albums, 1 top 10 hit.
The Beatles (only LPs): 39 albums, countless #1 songs, numerous appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show (the modern-day equivalent would probably be Saturday Night Live or Jay Leno). (courtesey of www.aboutthebeatles.com/discography)

Look at it this way, as much as the Beatles are hearalded as overhyped, they have EARNED the right to say they're the most popular band in the last 50 years. And let's not forget Paul McCartney, the "Laziest Person In England" (according to bandmate John Lennon in the same inverview the "more popular than Jesus" comment was made and the subject of the song "I'm Only Sleeping") is still going on and making hits on his own. 50 years in the biz and he's still on top.
Last edited by The Great JT on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby cookiemanyay » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:00 pm

judgement14 wrote:also cookie
i think he didnt want to do the multiplayer mode on account of all the 10 year olds

That's a shitty excuse.That's like me saying I never want to group with Death knights since they're all retards, and that's not true.Multi-player is part of the game so not reviewing IT is NOT reviewing the whole game.Besides ALL his reviews are shitty(except Gears of War 2 he actually ACTED like a professional critic there)He's not a paid critic anymore than he's a paid ranter.(also if your a Yahtzee fanboy fuck off).
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Chatrata » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:08 pm

[quote="ÃÂ
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby judgement14 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:09 pm

i sense a great amount of hostility from you

honestly
i dont see why your so angry about him if you dont like his videos
DONT WATCH THEM

he has obtained the status as an internet celebrity he's not gonna go anywhere for a long time

its not like his videos affect your daily life

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby The Great JT » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:13 pm

judgement14 wrote:he has obtained the status as an internet celebrity he's not gonna go anywhere for a long time

It's ironic you say that, because "internet celebrity" seems to be the equivalent of "Morning Talk Show Disc Jockey".

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby cookiemanyay » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:17 pm

judgement14 wrote:i sense a great amount of hostility from you

honestly
DONT WATCH THEM

he has obtained the status as an internet celebrity he's not gonna go anywhere for a long time

I don't get angry from a lot of things.I'm a pretty happy/accepting guy,BUT when someone says shit so stupid like "PA is the only good web comic"or"The original halo was shit"that just brings my piss to a boil.Let me make something perfectly clear.I don't like him.His videos are actually kinda funny and entertaining.I don't like HIM.More specifically his opinions.I know everyone has their right to their own opinions but come on!Yahtzee fans are so clingy to him that they handle whatever completely wrong,hypocritical,controversial sentence that comes out of this guy's mouth.I'm trying to get those people to look past his shield of humor and realize how bad he is.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Thatguy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:43 pm

The Great JT wrote:The following are overrated (all hands man the Bile Harpoons!):

-Dragonforce. They made, like, one song for a Guitar Hero game and even then it's insanely hard to the point that nobody who favors the use of their fingers would play it. If you can 100% that song, you have earned my pity.

-Halo. As a shooter franchise, it's above-average, but on story, it's horrible. I'll stick to Half-Life, since it's a great story and great gameplay.

-Twilight. I never understood why these 14-year-old love-starved goths love Twilight. The vampire aspect I could respect, but only if they behaved like vampires: stalking, seducing their prey and feeding on them, but they don't ACT like vampires! Example, when exposed to direct sunlight, vampires are supposed to FUCKING DIE. In Twilight, by contrast, they twinkle. What in the unholy name of ass kind of shit is that?! Also, vampires can't cross running water. Now I may be crossing into enemy territory against my will, but does that fuckwit Edward or whatever the shit his name is cross a river or stream in Twilight? That's running water, and that means he can't cross it! Ok, those are my only examples of why this series is an insult to vampires. Someone needs to throw this bitch who made the series into Dracula's Castle or get Alucard on her ass.

-Miley Cyrus. If you're in the south, you've probably had to suffer through at least one hearing of Billy Ray Cyrus' song "Achy Breaky Heart" in between country songs about the artist fucking his sister. And now we have his kid fucking up music for a reason known as "Disneyfication". In this reason, said young talentless hack actress is thrown into a music and acting career in an attempt to win the hearts of young children instead of the way they should be doing it, WITH MICKEY MOUSE CARTOONS. I mean, let's see who else they've done this to: Tia and Tamara Mowley (if I spelled that right), Hillary Duff and Lindsay Lohan. All three examples (four if you want to count Tia and Tamara as two people, since they are) have had shows on Disney, the last two have had acting careers, and all of them have tanked and spun off into obscurity. Clearly, Disney's marketing plans have backfired and they need to stop it and just throw Mickey Mouse at the kids again, because a cartoon mouse being put in overly-strange scenarios is more appealing than some piece of jailbait.

-Guitar Hero. *WARNING* This one is gonna be bad. Let's get something straight, I don't think Guitar Hero is a bad game. I mean who hasn't played air guitar? Now you have a game that is glorified air guitar. But around the time Harmonix left to go make Rock Band and leave Guitar Hero 3 in the butterfingered hands of Red Octane and Activision (the guys behind the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater franchise, who pretty much hit the copy-paste button like they were channeling EA or like George Lucas did butchering the Star Wars franchise almost to the point where I now expect him to make E.T. 2: The Invasion of E.T.'s Homeworld), RO and A went off the straight and narrow to try and make additions to the GH franchise. Boss battles in 3 would have been tolerable if they had more than just Slash as the bosses. I don't consider the guitarist from Rage Against The Machine a legend of rock, as the full name of GH3 would imply. Some of my suggestions for bosses for the Guitar Hero series include Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen), "Dimebag" Darell Abbot (RIP, Pantera), Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell) and K.K. Downing (Judas Priest). Then they make a game focused completely around beating off Aerosmith (like those guys need any more people beating them off) and at the same time pretty much making Guitar Hero 3.1: The Aerosmith Patch, and now they're pulling that same bullshit with the Metallica version of Guitar Hero: World Tour. Guitar Hero: On Tour for the DS was an interesting little attempt at a portable port of GH, but with only about half the tracks and the quality cut down to that of a broken record. And then there's World Tour, which in almost the definition of irony, the GH guys decided to rip off Harmonix and implement a bass, drum and vocals section and make Guitar Hero: Rock Band. But probably the worst thing about this game is the songs range from Bon Jovi and Wings to Willie Nelson (A COUNTRY ARTIST) and some obscure foreign bands. Now I have nothing against foreign bands, I mean look at the british metal tag team of Black Sabbath/Judas Priest/Iron Maiden. But when the lyrics are in foreignese, something has gone wrong. When I look at a Guitar Hero game, I think of being flanked by Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Led Zepplin and the like. Now I have to play country songs?! What the hell were they smoking?!

Oh and my biggest complaint, NO GH GAME YET HAS HAD STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!! THAT SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO RELEASE THE GAME!! Also, it took them this long, all the way to the fifth console game (counting Guitar Hero 2: Rock The 80s, which is what it is, a repackaging of 1980s pop and metal songs in GH2 graphics) to put Metallica on the soundtrack. Now I can understand Metallica being skeptical and it taking them up 'til now to get on board after seeing record sales for the bands featured in the GH and Rock Band games, but first of all, the dedicated an entire goddamn game to it which could easily be repackaged in CD format and be called "Best of Metallica". But come on, if there's any one band that's sucked a big "sellout" cock, it's Metallica. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those Metallica fans who thinks the band immediately flipped the switch labelled "sucks" after The Black Album came out (quite contrary, I love Enter Sandman). After the bullshit they caused with Napster saying they weren't making money because of the downloaders, they really lost some metal cred, but the number one sin they commited and cost them ALL metal credentials was THEY CUT THEIR HAIR. Heavy metal bands do NOT cut their hair or have tattoos removed. This is metal law under penalty of trampling under the fanbase's pet brontosaurus! Plus, their new albums (St. Anger, Death Magnetic) suck in comparison to Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lightning, Kill 'Em All and ...And Justice For All.

EDIT:

The Great JT on The Beatles being compared to The Jonas Brothers...

To me, the Beatles are the pinnacle of what a GOOD pop rock band is. I'm not one of those freaks who love every Beatles song ever made, granted they do have a lot of good songs. I like a few songs (Yellow Submarine, I'm Only Sleeping), and that's enough for me. They have a few things about them I don't like (the "bigger than Jesus" crack), but they actually had what 99% of every band this day doesn't have: TALENT.

Now a lot of things I hear about are how kids these days are saying the Jonas Brothers are the best band ever and that the Beatles are shit compared to them. Let's look at this side-by-side.

Jonas Brothers: 3 albums, 1 top 10 hit.
The Beatles (only LPs): 39 albums, countless #1 songs, numerous appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show (the modern-day equivalent would probably be Saturday Night Live or Jay Leno). (courtesey of www.aboutthebeatles.com/discography)

Look at it this way, as much as the Beatles are hearalded as overhyped, they have EARNED the right to say they're the most popular band in the last 50 years. And let's not forget Paul McCartney, the "Laziest Person In England" (according to bandmate John Lennon in the same inverview the "more popular than Jesus" comment was made and the subject of the song "I'm Only Sleeping") is still going on and making hits on his own. 50 years in the biz and he's still on top.

I love you

Have my babies
>8< spider power!
Thatguy

Postby Chatrata » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:03 pm

While I don't particularly like the beatles, I agree that they're much better than the jonas brothers.

If you type crap into google, I wouldn't be surprised if it said 'Do you mean Jonas Brothers?'.

However, there is better than the beatles (Nickleback, Kaiser Chiefs) although that might just be my taste in music.
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby judgement14 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:12 pm

cookiemanyay wrote:

honestly
DONT WATCH THEM

I don't get angry from a lot of things.I'm a pretty happy/accepting guy,BUT when someone says shit so stupid like "PA is the only good web comic"or"The original halo was shit"that just brings my piss to a boil.Let me make something perfectly clear.I don't like him.His videos are actually kinda funny and entertaining.I don't like HIM.More specifically his opinions.I know everyone has their right to their own opinions but come on!Yahtzee fans are so clingy to him that they handle whatever completely wrong,hypocritical,controversial sentence that comes out of this guy's mouth.I'm trying to get those people to look past his shield of humor and realize how bad he is.

Ignorance is Bliss
just let them enjoy life

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby cookiemanyay » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:22 pm

judgement14 wrote:
cookiemanyay wrote:

honestly
DONT WATCH THEM

Ignorance is Bliss
just let them enjoy life

Allright them w/e have fun
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Lanthroviel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:55 pm

cookiemanyay wrote:
judgement14 wrote:
cookiemanyay wrote:
honestly
DONT WATCH THEM

Ignorance is Bliss
just let them enjoy life

Allright them w/e have fun

Well, you know,just go check his blog , and you'll discover that this guy is pretty much an hypocrite mysanthrop (or act like it) since the beginning.
I'm sure I wouldn't like him, too.But I like his show, because it's new, and somewhat funny.Now of course I won't take his review in consideration that much (I rarely take online review seriously anyway, only friends or a LOT of good reviews) and if a guy would not buy a game simply because Yahtzee say bad things about it, then this guy is an IDIOT!
But all is review is not that bad,maybe you can criticize him for not playing the multi, but ,the critics in CoD4 , for instance, are totally TRUE.The game is pretty well done, pretty well entertaining, but the end is totally abrupt (yet spectacular) and the epilogue sucked...Same with his F.E.A.R 2 rant.

So, yeah, I agree it's not the perfect reviewer,that he's an asshole IRL and should not be listened really seriously, but you should at least not bring only his "halo" and "webcomic" review as argument, that would makes YOU an halo/CaD fanboy ;).
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

PreviousNext

Return to General