Discuss anything!

Postby Bobson » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:27 am

So I know it's quite some time after the movie's release date, but I myself hadn't seen until yesterday, and so far noone else have made a topic about the movie. So. Discuss time:

I myself can only define it with one word: Undefineable.

As for you people who haven't seen it; leave the topic now, or prepare for potential spoilers. Thou have been warned.
Bobson is my name
and WoW is my game!
I can play a mage of frost
but also one of flame!
My warrior's rage I can easily tame!
30 pics per second
that is my frame,
and I pwn all the noobs who thinks I am lame!
Bobson

Postby Noodles » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:28 am

didnt see it, heard it got pretty much exactly the same history as "pockahontas" (or however its spelt in english=
I don't need a signature to prove anything
Noodles

Postby Chatrata » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 am

It's very similar.

However, it's still an awesome film. I judge films by how entertaining they are, not by how original they are, and Avatar kept me interested for the whole nearly 3 hours.
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby Lanthroviel » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:32 am

Well, since it has been 2 month now, I guess we can use spoilers?

Anyway, well, yeah it's pretty, it has pretty good CGI and the fight at the end is pretty awesome.

As for the story, well...As for me, indeed it was predictable.I hadn't read much about the movie before yet it's rather easy to see how it was going.Then again, I am a TVTrope addict and that's probably a side effect.
The green message is harder to bear though,since,you know, we heard it a thousand times now, and to me a message promoting nature done using a completely computer generated environment seems kinda ironic.

(Also, my first thought after I left the theater, was that a few years after the events of the movie, humans would came back and nuke everything to take the mineral, but apparently the very first thing stated in the JBM page on TVTropes says that it wouldn't be the case, yeah right...)

Overall,I'm really not a critic,but I'd say that whatever the taste it's worth watching, at least once, especially if you have a good theater nearby, and even better if it's in 3D (not that I saw much differences, but then again I wear glasses).After you can blame about the originality or whatever,but given it's success you'll have to watch it someday, so it's better to do it now while it's on the big screen to enjoy the awesome graphics, than in a small TV at home.
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Chatrata » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:43 pm

I wore 2 pairs of 3D glasses over my normal ones, which I'm not sure helped my sight too much.
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby kozom1234 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm seeing it next weekend, hopefully.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Bunnytots » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:58 pm

Meh, I liked it.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Bobson » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:15 am

I haven't seen Pocahontas (yay me), but many great film have the same theme ... or something.

As for 3D: If you can, you should watch it in 3D. It's all right if you have glasses, so do I. But it's just ... WOW! <- not sure wether pun inteded or not :P
Bobson is my name
and WoW is my game!
but also one of flame!
30 pics per second
that is my frame,
Bobson

Postby Raptorbane » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:13 pm

You don't go into the theatre and order an Avatar ticket expecting plot.

You go into the theatre and order an Avatar ticket expecting explosively beautiful graphics and a whole other world.

Using this guideline, I was not disappointed.
Raptorbane

Postby Agatha » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:36 pm

I don't really understand why do we need "AVATAR" topic . It's a movie , it's not some kind of medicine that cure all diseases and it's not something that will change your life (Your real one) . The movie was dumb .. i am sorry but it was . The script suck . The special effects ware the only good thing about this movie . Also alot of my friends like the blue girls .. well i don't and i don't want to be blue or purple or whatever .

So in conclusion : Watch the movie , if somebody spend so much money on it then it's bound to be good , but it's not something life-changing .
If I touch a burning candle I can feel no pain
In the ice or in the sun it's all the same
Yet I feel my heart is aching
Though it doesn't beat it's breaking
And the pain here that I feel
Try and tell me it's not real
Agatha

Postby Noodles » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:54 pm

Agatha wrote:I don't really understand why do we need "AVATAR" topic . It's a movie , it's not some kind of medicine that cure all diseases and it's not something that will change your life (Your real one) . The movie was dumb .. i am sorry but it was . The script suck . The special effects ware the only good thing about this movie . Also alot of my friends like the blue girls .. well i don't and i don't want to be blue or purple or whatever .

So in conclusion : Watch the movie , if somebody spend so much money on it then it's bound to be good , but it's not something life-changing .

I've heard Operation A.V.A.T.A.R are going to be revolutionary, the information is classified but i can say what it stands for.

Anchor Vampire And The Airship Rumbles
I don't need a signature to prove anything
Noodles

Postby omskarclam » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:36 am

horrible movie
omskarclam

Postby Chatrata » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:48 am

The only really life changing thread here is the one which makes my head hurt with the nasty seizure picture.

Only reason that people like the blue people is that they wear like nothing...
Chatrata

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:48 am

You don't go into the theatre and order an Avatar ticket expecting plot.

You go into the theatre and order an Avatar ticket expecting explosively beautiful graphics and a whole other world.

Raptorbane

Postby Bobson » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 am

Raptorbane wrote:You don't go into the theatre and order an Avatar ticket expecting plot.

QTQFT (Quoted the quote for truth)
Bobson is my name
and WoW is my game!
but also one of flame!
30 pics per second
that is my frame,
Bobson

Next

Return to General