Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be as famous as Keydar? The Artist of Dark Legacy Comics?!
Well heres how YOU can start your own webcomics! This guide will teach you how to make them, how to plan everything and what to buy and download.
Lets Start! First off if you are going to make a webcomic your going to need characters! So go draw out a character sheet, it doesn't have to be great but show all the facial expressions, movements and how they would look from different angles.
Now that your characters are sorted, you will want to make some quick sheet layouts. It saves alot of time and you will know how many panels to do.
Now draw some quick backgrounds, make them a nice size so you can cut them down to size to fit into the panels of your comic. You'll want a nice set of them as well.
Now that you have Backgrounds, Characters and Panels you need a script. So before you go drawing your comic, write out what they will do in each panel. You don't want to be done with the comic and be halfway down a panel sheet
5) Throw it all together
Throw everything together, remember to add colours and shading. And make a good joke if your comic is a comedy.
- Get a Graphics Tablet, they cost roughly $100 or higher.
- Use Photoshop or G.I.M.P. they are fantastic programs
- Team up with fellow webcomic artists for publication such as VGCats, GG-guys and Rittz.
- Pre-make your comics, start with about 10ish and begin to release them week by week, that way if your over-worked or just a lazy arse you can still release pre-made comics.
- If your REALLY LAZY then make a single Panel comic, it could be like a print. And saves time
- It DOES help but actually be GOOD at art. If not then team up with someone who is
-Make Popular refrences to recent things, such as slang, games and movies.