Can I be Arthas again?

Discuss anything!

Can I be Arthas again?

Postby rvbtucker » Tue May 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Please? I just wanna raise an army of UD threads.....
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker

Postby amystra » Wed May 30, 2007 12:16 am

Unfortunately, Arthas won't be around for a while due to his tonue being stuck to the frozen throne. :P

...I am sooo drawing that now! :D

>^..^<
I go rawr rawr, I go mew mew, I fly far far, you go QQ!
amystra

Postby kologer0s » Wed May 30, 2007 3:59 am

Arthas will be hopefuly coming in another expansion with the release of notherend(Huge ice land north part of azeroth)
or to be more exact heres one of my stupid maps i draw on :P
[url=http://www.darklegacycomics.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=4602#4602#toppage]
[/url]
(Expansion is just something i made up but who knows :P)

Click above Image to link to the greatest place in the world!
kologer0s
Banned

Postby Galobtar » Wed May 30, 2007 5:32 am

amystra wrote:Unfortunately, Arthas won't be around for a while due to his tonue being stuck to the frozen throne. :P

...I am sooo drawing that now! :D

>^..^<

haha that would make a great little comic, especially with someone tripple dog daring him to lick it
Proud Retired WoW Player
Galobtar

Postby Guildelin » Wed May 30, 2007 2:10 pm

lol that would make me giggle like a little school girl... anyways I think they would need make that a new game cuz by that point the WoW Engine will be so out dated... Maybe im giving Bliz to much credit but i hope they could figure something out
Guildelin 70 BE Pally
<Irony> Gurubashi
Chugillay 70 Troll Hunter
<Irony> Gurubashi
Guildelin 63 Human Priest
<Tabula Rasa> Thunderlord
Guildelin

Postby Dromel » Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 pm

Well Blizzard did say after the BC came out that they were planning to administer another very major content patch or expansion every one to two years. Here are all the ideas I can currently think of for new major content.

The Emerald Dream
seems like this would be a more likely choice as a small single zone or an open ended instance/raid, it would get a bit repetetive with everything being green and foresty. But hey, that's what they said about outland, except green and foresty was red and barren.

Expanded Worlds
Metzen said that it would be very cool (and easy) for small world events to allow portals opened to demon controlled worlds that Illidan had once closed, and this would allow players to experience small tastes of other planets from the lore and would not be all to difficult to make.

Azeroth and the Great Sea
My personal favorite idea. A completion of azeroth and an expansion to the great sea has many possibilities and ideas. Neutral city of Undermine (goblin home) on the island of Kezan, the Gilneas/Kul'tiras beyond the wall in silverpine, completion of the little "in between" zones in azeroth. A note to make is that both Gilneas and Undermine have to do with the black dragon lord Deathwing, and could be part of a quest chain eventually leading to where he is currently located, most likely outland, which would be little trouble to implement. Other additions could be swimming mounts, underwater instances, the multitude of other islands in the sea that are currently controlled rather evenly between the alliance, horde, and no one, and major raids of Nazjatar and the Tomb of Sargeras, with Queen Azshara and the diluted aspect of Sargeras as their respective bosses. It is also a possibility that with the major work already being done on Azeroth, the Blizzard team could redesign the zones keeping them away from allowing flying mount access on the main world. Coatl (flying and swimming) mounts, anyone?

And the final and most imminant idea is the icy Northrend, with its fjords, crypts, yetis, and crypt fiends galore. There are substantial alliance and horde encampments for this to be an ideal idea, and enough epic scenarios for plenty of solo or winged instances, as well as raids.

If anyone else has any reasonable ideas for expansions, feel free to PM me or IM me to discuss. Like my sig says, I love being asked about lore! :)
I honestly love being asked about lore! It makes me feel important :)

Take it easy.
Dromel

Postby Guildelin » Wed May 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Dromel wrote:Azeroth and the Great Sea
My personal favorite idea. A completion of azeroth and an expansion to the great sea has many possibilities and ideas. Neutral city of Undermine (goblin home) on the island of Kezan, the Gilneas/Kul'tiras beyond the wall in silverpine, completion of the little "in between" zones in azeroth. A note to make is that both Gilneas and Undermine have to do with the black dragon lord Deathwing, and could be part of a quest chain eventually leading to where he is currently located, most likely outland, which would be little trouble to implement. Other additions could be swimming mounts, underwater instances, the multitude of other islands in the sea that are currently controlled rather evenly between the alliance, horde, and no one, and major raids of Nazjatar and the Tomb of Sargeras, with Queen Azshara and the diluted aspect of Sargeras as their respective bosses. It is also a possibility that with the major work already being done on Azeroth, the Blizzard team could redesign the zones keeping them away from allowing flying mount access on the main world. Coatl (flying and swimming) mounts, anyone?

And the final and most imminant idea is the icy Northrend, with its fjords, crypts, yetis, and crypt fiends galore. There are substantial alliance and horde encampments for this to be an ideal idea, and enough epic scenarios for plenty of solo or winged instances, as well as raids.

If anyone else has any reasonable ideas for expansions, feel free to PM me or IM me to discuss. Like my sig says, I love being asked about lore! :)

I would love for them to open up some places back in the old world... I guess my lore is a bit rusty, but i remeber seeing deathwing Blow up in WC2's expansion... It took a mighty army but it happend... Or was he just injured? I think they need to open up some more lower lvl zone's and instances cuz its so boring trying to lvl up new chars in the same old same old area's is just boring...

I thought that they would have opend up Gilneas but i was disopointed when i got there with my BE to find it wasn't opened... They could make Gilneas Neutral cuz they never joined the Allance and felt they could deal with the horde threat alone... but new lower lvl stuff would be fun... and even though there will always be newbies but make the bosses more complicated than tank n spank. feel free to email me about any of my ideas and or suggestions
Guildelin 70 BE Pally
<Irony> Gurubashi
<Irony> Gurubashi
Guildelin

Postby Dromel » Wed May 30, 2007 4:03 pm

It's true, Deathwing did die... something like three times now :) but like the (second to) last Guardian of Tirisfal Aegwynn, he has been retcon'd about a thousand times. Even recently in a quest chain we have evidence that he is still alive and plotting. For your reading pleasure, here's a wonderful link to the WoWwiki article for both of these deep and enigmatic characters :D

http://www.wowwiki.com/Aegwynn

http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing/Neltharion

Have fun with those two.

Take it easy.
Dromel

Postby Guildelin » Wed May 30, 2007 5:28 pm

am i reading this right... Medivh is alive... is he free of his corruption now or not yet?

"Or so she thought. Aegwynn's magic was still effective enough to scry using her well. When Medivh died a few weeks later, she formulated a plan - she would save up her magic, piece by piece until she could bring back The Last Guardian.

It took her 21 years, and again nearly cost her her life. But Medivh had returned. "

Starting to read the bit about deathwing now
Guildelin 70 BE Pally
<Irony> Gurubashi
<Irony> Gurubashi
Guildelin

Postby Guildelin » Wed May 30, 2007 5:55 pm

Just finished reading that bit about deathwing... I guess the animation of watching him pop doesn't quite match the lore... one other thing i wish bliz would do... make some more vids in the game... i remeber watching some of the old WC2 stuff, n they were awsome... like the opening one and then the one where they destroy the dark portal... Oh speaking of which... what do you think about the how much Blasted lands does not represent the old dark portal maps.
Guildelin 70 BE Pally
<Irony> Gurubashi
<Irony> Gurubashi
Guildelin

Postby Dromel » Wed May 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Well the Medivh she ressurected was the half-live one from WCIII I believe... he died of deterioration of the sort of ressurection spell apparently something like "14 days before the player enters Kharazan" or something. He's dead by the time you are in there though.

Take it easy.
Dromel

Postby Guildelin » Wed May 30, 2007 7:22 pm

oh, i didn't think he would be back there, just wasn't sure if he was hiding in the world... i forgot about him in WC3... only played through the story line once cuz i didnt like it... and never played the frozen throne
Guildelin 70 BE Pally
<Irony> Gurubashi
<Irony> Gurubashi
Guildelin

Postby kologer0s » Thu May 31, 2007 3:18 am

Dromel wrote:Well Blizzard did say after the BC came out that they were planning to administer another very major content patch or expansion every one to two years. Here are all the ideas I can currently think of for new major content.

The Emerald Dream
seems like this would be a more likely choice as a small single zone or an open ended instance/raid, it would get a bit repetetive with everything being green and foresty. But hey, that's what they said about outland, except green and foresty was red and barren.

Expanded Worlds
Metzen said that it would be very cool (and easy) for small world events to allow portals opened to demon controlled worlds that Illidan had once closed, and this would allow players to experience small tastes of other planets from the lore and would not be all to difficult to make.

Azeroth and the Great Sea

You just wasted 5 min of my life!Cant u just post a link to the place u get all this?

Click above Image to link to the greatest place in the world!
kologer0s
Banned

Postby Evilducks » Thu May 31, 2007 1:51 pm

If they do end up building an expansion entirely in the old azeroth world they need to fix the rest of azeroth to be flying mount accessible.

I really would like to see the seas as an expansion, there is a lot to do with that.
________
Honda Gb500 History
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Guildelin » Thu May 31, 2007 2:20 pm

well they could make it so to get to the other places you would have to go through a portal or somthing that way the origanal world can stay a no fly zone.
Guildelin 70 BE Pally
<Irony> Gurubashi
<Irony> Gurubashi
Guildelin

Next

Return to General