Anime and Manga…

Discuss anything!

Anime and Manga…

Postby Shirubia » Wed May 30, 2007 4:09 pm

So… you like it? and wich ones you like it?
Ppl abstent from writing shit like ''anime sucks'' or ''lrn2spongebob'' -.-

Not in order of preference:
Elfen Lied, Bleach, Shin Seiki Evangelion
Hagane no Renkinjitsushi (Full Metal Alchemist)
The oldies (Ranma 1/2, ßT X, Saint seiya, Magzinger)
Elf wo karumono tachi (Those who hunt elves)
xxxHolic, Tsubasa Reservoir chronicles, Saber Marionette J
ummm… Hellsing, Trigun, bubblegum crisis 2040… i dont remember any more that i like
Shirubia

Postby Dromel » Wed May 30, 2007 4:15 pm

I'm not in to anime that much, but I do like manga :D I like the basics like Ruroni and and Inu Yasha, as well as DNAngel. But oh god the Warcraft manga is the best I've ever seen, at least art-wise. Also, obligitory semi-obscure manga is... Jing: King of Bandits.
I honestly love being asked about lore! It makes me feel important :)

Take it easy.
Dromel

Postby Amant » Wed May 30, 2007 6:38 pm

I have been caught with 20 Ranma 1/2s, Inuyasha (before repetition set in), Trigun, Ghost in the Shell, Full Metal Alchemist, and last summer I watched 196 episodes of Naruto on youtube :?

It has been about a year or so since I was last seen watching or reading anything being exported from Japan.
Amant Lvl 70 BE Mage
<Dragon Tiger Gate>
Pron
Amant

Postby Ballarus » Wed May 30, 2007 9:01 pm

I own Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and FLCL. The next series I want to own is Full Metal Alchemist, now that Adult Swim has taken it off their lineup. I just wish anime wasn't so expensive.
Ballarus

Postby Dromel » Thu May 31, 2007 2:46 am

I totally forgot about FLCL, that manga is awesome :D
I honestly love being asked about lore! It makes me feel important :)

Take it easy.
Dromel

Postby kologer0s » Thu May 31, 2007 3:11 am

Hmm lets see Dragon ball naruto hellsing and trigun are only anime worth seeing

Click above Image to link to the greatest place in the world!
kologer0s
Banned

Postby Shirubia » Thu May 31, 2007 10:54 am

kologer0s wrote:Hmm lets see Dragon ball naruto hellsing and trigun are only anime worth seeing

Silly BE, if you say that, that only means 1 thing…

You havent watched FMA or Evangelion, FMA is still today the top 1 in the most popular ranking anime/manga.
Evangelion still hangs in the top 20 after 10 or so years - if you dislike psichological issues, then dont watch it - but this is a classic, even my brother that dislikes anime/mangas likes it!
If you like Hellsing, then watch Elfen Lied :D hellsing is like X-mas special compared with the blood in Elfen.
You can always watch berseker, but personally i dont like it.

Another one that came to my mind - Shaman king and Slayers!
Shirubia

Postby amystra » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:53 pm

Some of my favourite animes are:

Neon Genesis Evangeleon
Fullmetal Alchemist
Naruto
12 Kingdoms
Haibane Renmei
Ruroni Kenshin
Yakitate Japan!

As for manga:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Negima
Cheeky Angel

>^..^<
I go rawr rawr, I go mew mew, I fly far far, you go QQ!
amystra

Postby Tusck » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:01 pm

I haven't seen much new anime that I really liked, other than Naruto, but then again I kinda lost interest over the years so I didn't truly looked.

I'll have to go for some classics instead:

Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne (Original serie, not the butchered "for american television" version), Record of Lodoss War, Tenchi, Oh my Goddess (Original Series for all of those), 3x3 Eyes, Vampire Princess Miu, Iria, Ranma 1/2 (First Season and movies mostly), most things done by Miyazaki; Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa; Valley of the Wind (the anime was good, the manga was amazing), Battle Angel Alita (like Nausicaa, the anime is good, but the mangas are great), Serial Experiment Lain (way out there and complicated, be warned), Akira and Ghost in the Shell of course.

To quote what someone said above, those would be anime I would qualify as worth seeing.

I never understood what people liked about Dragonball. The original serie had (some) funny parts, granted, but Dragonball Z... talk about stretching and repeating the same storyline over and over (big bad guy comes, beats them up, they die or just retreat, everyone freaks out and worries, they go off to train - in heaven if they died - they come back and after a 5-15 episodes battle, they defeat the bad guy. New more powerful bad guy comes, beats them up...). And now the freaking male BE are rip offs of that anime (among others) and their mounts are chocobo rip offs... blizzard totally sold out on that one.

It worked as they had planned though and it evened-out the Alliance/Horde ratio some. It's just a shame that the cost was that there are even more kids running around the Barrens now.
Tusck

Postby kologer0s » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:28 am

Shirubia wrote:
kologer0s wrote:Hmm lets see Dragon ball naruto hellsing and trigun are only anime worth seeing

Silly BE, if you say that, that only means 1 thing…

You havent watched FMA or Evangelion, FMA is still today the top 1 in the most popular ranking anime/manga.
Evangelion still hangs in the top 20 after 10 or so years - if you dislike psichological issues, then dont watch it - but this is a classic, even my brother that dislikes anime/mangas likes it!
If you like Hellsing, then watch Elfen Lied :D hellsing is like X-mas special compared with the blood in Elfen.
You can always watch berseker, but personally i dont like it.

Another one that came to my mind - Shaman king and Slayers!

Do you know what Evangelion means?Y the fuck would they put it as anime name

Click above Image to link to the greatest place in the world!
kologer0s
Banned

Postby Shirubia » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:49 pm

kologer0s wrote:Do you know what Evangelion means?Y the fuck would they put it as anime name

Of course i know what it means the name and all the other names of the characters/Angels/Computers/misc symbols! it was my favorite anime for a 9-year spawn (After that, Elfen Lied all the way).
If you want to know why that name, ask Hideaki Anno… or Read Wikipedia! ;D
Shirubia

Postby Choppermad » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:50 pm

lrn2invaderzim

i'm watching Naruto every week still only anime i'm keeping up with my GF and WoW eats up the remainder of my free time
Choppermad

Postby Ballarus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:33 pm

The characters in Evangelion were really annoying. I hated them more and more with every episode. Most of them were selfish douchebags.
Ballarus

Postby Shirubia » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:16 pm

Ballarus wrote:The characters in Evangelion were really annoying. I hated them more and more with every episode. Most of them were selfish douchebags.

Evangelion is a philosofical anime, its not meant to be funny so you can lol all the series or full-time action like Naruto.

The porpouse of Evangelion is to show the dark side of the humankind, and each of the characters come to symbolise a capital sin and/or another bad habit of the human (Asuka by example being pride).

All the characters have their own problems, by no means evangelion is in a world where everything is pink-colored (just like the ''dream'' shinji had in the last chapter).

Another of the many things Eva shows is ''god'', while by no means im christian, i still found it very realistic: God is tired of its creations seeing them just become worse and worse, killing for their own sake and gat all greedy. Solution? Kill them all and start again.

Like i said before, it has been 9 years since i first watched Eva in a cousin house when i was 9, while by no means this is an anime to be watched by kids, it looked good, it was weird, it was bloody.

I loved it.

I loved the fact that the characters werent guys with super powers, just normal kids that got their lives changed thanks to a coorporation using them to defend them from what they unleashed. I loved the fact that everyone of them had problems, nobody lived the ''perfect life'' everyone wants and i identified with all the characters, one at a time, over the course of this years.
Shirubia

Postby Ballarus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:49 pm

Yes, I understood all of that. I didn't say I thought the show was supposed to be a comedy or full of action. I said I hated the characters, and the show gives you good reason to.
Ballarus

Next

Return to General