Discuss anything!

Postby Galobtar » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:17 pm

best ever is Outlaw Star

if you disagree you suck and i dont
Proud Retired WoW Player
Galobtar

Postby kologer0s » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:03 pm

Shirubia wrote:
Ballarus wrote:The characters in Evangelion were really annoying. I hated them more and more with every episode. Most of them were selfish douchebags.

Evangelion is a philosofical anime, its not meant to be funny so you can lol all the series or full-time action like Naruto.

The porpouse of Evangelion is to show the dark side of the humankind, and each of the characters come to symbolise a capital sin and/or another bad habit of the human (Asuka by example being pride).

All the characters have their own problems, by no means evangelion is in a world where everything is pink-colored (just like the ''dream'' shinji had in the last chapter).

Another of the many things Eva shows is ''god'', while by no means im christian, i still found it very realistic: God is tired of its creations seeing them just become worse and worse, killing for their own sake and gat all greedy. Solution? Kill them all and start again.

Like i said before, it has been 9 years since i first watched Eva in a cousin house when i was 9, while by no means this is an anime to be watched by kids, it looked good, it was weird, it was bloody.

I loved it.

I loved the fact that the characters werent guys with super powers, just normal kids that got their lives changed thanks to a coorporation using them to defend them from what they unleashed. I loved the fact that everyone of them had problems, nobody lived the ''perfect life'' everyone wants and i identified with all the characters, one at a time, over the course of this years.

Evangelion is a greek word and it is that book thing christian priests read in church so the word is stupid to be put in anime

Click above Image to link to the greatest place in the world!
kologer0s
Banned

Postby Ballarus » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:52 pm

Actually, there's a whole lot of biblical stuff going on in this show, so the name makes sense. Think about it, "Neon Genesis Evangelion." What could a show with a name like that really be about?
Ballarus

Postby Tusck » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:39 am

kologer0s wrote:
Shirubia wrote:
Ballarus wrote:The characters in Evangelion were really annoying. I hated them more and more with every episode. Most of them were selfish douchebags.

Evangelion is a philosofical anime, its not meant to be funny so you can lol all the series or full-time action like Naruto.

The porpouse of Evangelion is to show the dark side of the humankind, and each of the characters come to symbolise a capital sin and/or another bad habit of the human (Asuka by example being pride).

All the characters have their own problems, by no means evangelion is in a world where everything is pink-colored (just like the ''dream'' shinji had in the last chapter).

Another of the many things Eva shows is ''god'', while by no means im christian, i still found it very realistic: God is tired of its creations seeing them just become worse and worse, killing for their own sake and gat all greedy. Solution? Kill them all and start again.

Like i said before, it has been 9 years since i first watched Eva in a cousin house when i was 9, while by no means this is an anime to be watched by kids, it looked good, it was weird, it was bloody.

I loved it.

I loved the fact that the characters werent guys with super powers, just normal kids that got their lives changed thanks to a coorporation using them to defend them from what they unleashed. I loved the fact that everyone of them had problems, nobody lived the ''perfect life'' everyone wants and i identified with all the characters, one at a time, over the course of this years.

Evangelion is a greek word and it is that book thing christian priests read in church so the word is stupid to be put in anime

I'm not sure where you got that Evangelion was a greek word... but the Evangelion, in regards to the Catholic Church is a book containing various Gospels read during special religious occasions and specific events.

Now if you paid attention to everything that was so eloquently explained to you in this forums, you'll know that most things in the anime are either religious symbols or have religious connotations. The enemies are Angels, they talk about Genesis, God, Adam and Eve, etc.

Your failure to understand the simple fact that most things were named or illustrated to have religious connections doesn't make the title stupid... there is stupidity involved in this whole discussion, but it's not the anime.

What really gets me and forced me to reply is your whole attitude and the insignificance of your statement. Instead of saying: "I didn't like Neon Genesis Evangelion" (since I'm guessing that is your opinion on the matter) you said something that came out of nowhere like that.

Funny thing is, I didn't like the anime myself. I didn't even watch the whole thing. The difference between you and me is that I can say this:

I didn't like the anime because what I look for in this genre is a hero that, even if imperfect and not stronger than everyone, at some point takes the lead, becomes more confidant and most important of all, has mental stability.

I got annoyed by Shinji has a lead because I kept waiting for him to grow some balls, get over it and stop whining. If he did (like I said I didn't finish the serie, I only know what I was told by my friend) it wasn't fast enough for me and I lost interest. The same happened to me with Trigun (although I finished the serie in that case) and with Final Fantasy 7 (the game, not the movie), I got annoyed when Trigun's lead character started whining and crying (not only one time, but two times) and I got annoyed when Cloud went sort of crazy towards the end of the game and I lost interest in both.

Those are my personal tastes and are situations that "turn me off" in regards to tv shows or games.

I can say all this honestly and openly without disrespecting anyone who liked those because I'm not saying: "Neon Genesis Evangelion, Trigun and FF7 are stupid". All I'm saying is: "I didn't like them".

See the difference?

You have an arrogance about you in all of your posts that is really irritating and believe me, unjustified. You should work on that.
Tusck

Postby Ballarus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:35 am

Wow, that post was a lot shorter the first time I saw it.
Ballarus

Postby kologer0s » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:00 am

evangelion comes from a damn greek word man everything does l2read history

kologer0s
Banned

Postby Cass » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:40 am

Methinks Kolo was a rather large "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" fan...

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby Shirubia » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:41 am

Evangelion indeed comes from a greek word: it means good message and/or good news, it also refers to the Lords holy promise of prosperity, ironic in this anime, since hes trying to kill all the humanity, maybe the prosperity means that once we all are dead and made LCL the world peace will come ;D

But i dont see your point, it really matters if it is a latin/greek word?
I tought this was a topic about manga/anime.
Shirubia

Postby kologer0s » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:25 am

erm no cass im kinda greek and if u read what this guy^ just said u will see that i just pwned u all :p

kologer0s
Banned

Postby Shirubia » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:58 am

kologer0s wrote:erm no cass im kinda greek and if u read what this guy^ just said u will see that i just pwned u all :p

Im a girl u sonovabitch.

Still i dont see whats your point. It is really that important if it is a greek/latin/japanese/whatever word?
I dont see your point, in your opinion why it is stupid to put that word as an anime title? nee~ kozo?
Shirubia

Postby Cass » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:36 am

kologer0s wrote:erm no cass im kinda greek and if u read what this guy^ just said u will see that i just pwned u all :p

Kolo, I don't need you to "pwn" me with your Greekness. I'm Polish. I "pwn" myself, thank you. :P

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby kologer0s » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:05 pm

Shirubia wrote:

Im a girl u sonovabitch.

Still i dont see whats your point. It is really that important if it is a greek/latin/japanese/whatever word?
I dont see your point, in your opinion why it is stupid to put that word as an anime title? nee~ kozo?

maybe if u put an avtar or smth we could know what you are...

kologer0s
Banned

Postby kologer0s » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:06 pm

Cass wrote:

Kolo, I don't need you to "pwn" me with your Greekness. I'm Polish. I "pwn" myself, thank you. :P

Well then again...you could use some help?

kologer0s
Banned

Postby Shirubia » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:02 pm

kologer0s wrote:maybe if u put an avtar or smth we could know what you are...

lrn2identifynames
ktnxbai
Shirubia

Postby kologer0s » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:47 am

wtf?

kologer0s
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General