Anime and Manga…

Discuss anything!

Postby Jurn » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:02 am

Cass wrote:
kologer0s wrote:erm no cass im kinda greek and if u read what this guy^ just said u will see that i just pwned u all :p

Kolo, I don't need you to "pwn" me with your Greekness. I'm Polish. I "pwn" myself, thank you. :P

So ehm cass, would you like 3 slothi for some home brewed wodka ?

Jurn

Postby Cass » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:41 am

Sure! I'll even throw in a heaping plateful of pierogi! Or would you prefer kluski? Personally, I prefer Töltött Káposzta. Mmmmm good... Now I'm hungry. Time to eat.

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby Evilducks » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:41 am

Cass wrote:
kologer0s wrote:erm no cass im kinda greek and if u read what this guy^ just said u will see that i just pwned u all :p

Kolo, I don't need you to "pwn" me with your Greekness. I'm Polish. I "pwn" myself, thank you. :P

Oh god... I'm half Polish and half Irish... I think about a third of my blood is just pure alcohol.

On the origin of words, a lot of the words we use today are based off Greek and Latin because thats where most of our language developed from, though a good portion of English is based of old Germanic languages thanks to the Saxons... or maybe it was the Anglo's.. I don't recall exactly.

On the topic of Eva. The characters were meant to be human, its one of the things I liked about the series. The name is very appropriate considering the content, themes, and culture of the show.

Was my favorite anime for a long time, even if I hated the last two episodes with a passion. The movie was far more in line with what was going on.
________
MAZDA F3A TRANSMISSION HISTORY
Last edited by Evilducks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evilducks

Postby Leprakahn » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:00 pm

In MY OWN opinion, the best thing about eva was that every freaking person in the godam world died at the end of the seires, they all deserved it, every single one of them...but that's just my opinion, if you have a different opinion of the show, good for you, I have no qualms.

however, I will force upon you the fact that anything with the word Tenchi in it is automatically the best manga or anime*.

Other than that, I LOVE the El Hazard and Haunted Junction anime's as well as Gundam's Wing and Moble Fighter G.

Manga wize: I love Tuxedo Gin, Marchen Awakens Romance, and Hikaru no Go, and am also a fan of Kekkaishi, Love Hina, Shaman King, Hayate the Combat Butler, and others, but those are the main that I am reading/collecting.

*shows with the words "Tokyo" and "GP" are omit from this statement.
Leprakahn

Postby Amant » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:05 pm

Leprakahn wrote:In MY OWN opinion, the best thing about eva was that every freaking person in the godam world died at the end of the seires, they all deserved it, every single one of them...

Congratulations

You now scare me
Amant Lvl 70 BE Mage
<Dragon Tiger Gate>
Pron
Amant

Postby Evilducks » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:11 pm

Amant wrote:
Leprakahn wrote:In MY OWN opinion, the best thing about eva was that every freaking person in the godam world died at the end of the seires, they all deserved it, every single one of them...

Congratulations

You now scare me

Technically most of the people in that story didn't die, they just changed form.

Most of the characters were pretty hate worthy however. Again, its something that made that series unique. It wasn't that Shinji didn't try to get over his fears and be a hero, its just that when he did work up the courage to do it, something absolutely horrific happened to him. I still think the best episode was the one where Unit 01 ended up eating one of the Angels.
________
Grow Medical Marijuana
Evilducks

Postby Leprakahn » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:13 pm

from what I watched it sounded as if NERV failed and an army of Angels wiped out humanity at the end of the movie, as also described in the last episode.
Leprakahn

Postby Jurn » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:13 pm

Do some people gonna die ?

Jurn

Postby Evilducks » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:21 pm

Leprakahn wrote:from what I watched it sounded as if NERV failed and an army of Angels wiped out humanity at the end of the movie, as also described in the last episode.

They really finish the story in the movie. Shinji killed the final Angel I believe in last episode (the final two don't count for a variety of reasons I could rant about). At the end of the movie everybody gets turned into LCL. (except Shinji and Asuka iirc, They are basically the next adam and eve.)
________
IOS GAMES
Evilducks

Postby Shirubia » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:11 pm

Leprakahn wrote:from what I watched it sounded as if NERV failed and an army of Angels wiped out humanity at the end of the movie, as also described in the last episode.

In short: Shinji killed Tabris (Nagisa Kaworo) and that leaved only 3 angesl and a semi-angel: the 3 angels are Adam, Lilith and Lilim… Lilim is us… we are basically angels, but since our AT Shield is very weak and we separated from god we are unknown to this.

After that, the mass series of Eva (developed by USA, germany, italy, china and i dont remember what other country) go and attack NERV, trying to get back the Adam embryo, Gendou actually knew of Seele's plan and went to the Terminal dogma (where lilith is held) and planed to fuse himself with Rei and lilith, but Rei literally gouged the embryo from Gendou's hand and fused herself with lilith, after that, when shinji gave up on saving the humans, she reverted back all the humans (except shinji) to LCL.

After She reforges Asuka, shini tries to strangle her to ''welcome her Eve'', Rei…

if ya dont know, Lilith was the first woman of Adam, but since she was independant Adam didnt accepted her… Asuka is lilith in this new begining, by strangling Askua, shinji tried to get Rei into the new world (Rei being Eve, sumisive and very doll-like), but in the end, he forgives asuka and plans to give her another chance.
Shirubia

Postby Ballarus » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:35 pm

Leprakahn wrote:however, I will force upon you the fact that anything with the word Tenchi in it is automatically the best manga or anime*.

*shows with the words "Tokyo" and "GP" are omit from this statement.

This I could agree with. I have the second half of Muyo, but still need the first (they only had the second half at the con I went to). I really need to see the episode where they all fight Kagato. It's been so long.

Are the movies any good? I've seen them for sale in the mall, but I've never heard anything about them.
Ballarus

Postby Galobtar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:07 am

OUTLAW STARRRRRRRR

and Italian sausage > polish sausage
Proud Retired WoW Player
Galobtar

Postby Juonryu » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:31 pm

epic thread is epic, necro Juon is necro.

just watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 12. one of the best anime culmination points ive seen so far, go watch at least this episode, its epic :3
You, Sasuke! You will become my new light!!!

Deviously Annoying:
http://juonryu.deviantart.com/
Juonryu

Postby Rae » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:19 am

There's too much anime that I could name here, so I'll try to keep it short and to my faves;

Anime:
FMA, Ghost Hunt, Hikaru no Go, Ouran High School Host Club, Wolfs Rain, Trigun, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, D.N.Angel, Fruits Basket, Jing: King of Bandits, Death Note, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin.

No others come to mind atm. Though, I do watch them all subbed, none of that dubbed shit for me tyvm.

Manga wise:
DNAngel, .hack//Legend of the Twilight, V.B. Rose, Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yugi, Trigun, King of Hell, Jing: King of Bandits, Ragnarok.

Haven't watched much anime in a while, I should really get started again :<
Rae

Postby Juonryu » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:29 am

if you want me to suggest you a really good thing...

i dont know about the anime, if it is good and so on, i had mixed reviews about the anime... BUT! the manga named Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO) is the BESTEST manga in existance! I TEH SWEAR! read it now, its awesome, and its suitable for girls and boys alike ^^

btw

Though, I do watch them all subbed, none of that dubbed shit for me tyvm

/signed
You, Sasuke! You will become my new light!!!

Deviously Annoying:
http://juonryu.deviantart.com/
Juonryu

Previous

Return to General