Moderation

Discuss anything!

Postby felldain » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:53 am

Perhaps one ought to indicate when there behaving in a non-discernible manner.
Why just the other day, some guy asked me:

"you take left, I take right"

I replied in a Completely-on-purpose-in-an-immature-way-to-humour-myself

"You can take.. YOUR MOTHER! brouhaha"

You may find that pretty(very) lame, but i'm very used to behaving like this with my Mates, Joking lame-ness/immaturity/bad come-backs. Its all a kettle of fish.
Anyway i had to end his rant by telling him to leave his hedgehogs at the door for some dental topography. good old obscurity 8)

And the moral(moral?) of the story, is to explain your pretending to be a sprat, before you speak.
felldain

Postby Calude » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:27 am

felldain wrote:Perhaps one ought to indicate when there behaving in a non-discernible manner.
Why just the other day, some guy asked me:

"you take left, I take right"

I replied in a Completely-on-purpose-in-an-immature-way-to-humour-myself

"You can take.. YOUR MOTHER! brouhaha"

You may find that pretty(very) lame, but i'm very used to behaving like this with my Mates, Joking lame-ness/immaturity/bad come-backs. Its all a kettle of fish.
Anyway i had to end his rant by telling him to leave his hedgehogs at the door for some dental topography. good old obscurity 8)

And the moral(moral?) of the story, is to explain your pretending to be a sprat, before you speak.

i told an ingame friend i slaughtered his family chickens once... but i blamed som1 else for the shaving of his uncle
Calude

Postby Harina » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:40 am

kologer0s wrote:lol crying? you have no idea....But ofc its a forum ban , I am only interested in the comics ^^

I don't think so..

You have this tendency to attack me just for laughs and to get more people to hate me for no reason. It's not funny if I did it to you. Of course, you'd try to shrug it off 'bout this post but you keep this in your head and you'll regret it.
Harina

Postby Cass » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:37 am

Okay, folks. I haven't been around a lot lately, but I have noticed a few posts that I don't particularly like. At all. Play nice. or I will start moderating.

This is supposed to be a friendly environment. For everyone.

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby Galobtar » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:40 am

yea seemed to turn into a war zone...
Proud Retired WoW Player
Galobtar

Postby Anne » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:40 pm

Wow, did i missclick..? No, not the official Emeriss forum.. Hmmz, what happened here? People used to be nice :?
Anne

Postby Lihonessa » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:12 pm

I'm nice and gentle on the internet. :(

I'm just rude to people I don't like or smell bad.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Chatrata » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:52 am

*Hopefully doesn't smell bad*
Chatrata

Location: Trying to work out if it's the Red Bull or the Avenging Wrath that gives me wings.

Postby Krom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:59 pm

Alright. Two things.

First, these boards are not filled with good grammar, valuable/insightful posts, or hosts of useful information. They're made so that a bunch of people that enjoy reading a webcomic have a place to talk about the comic, WoW stuff (origins of the comic) and whatever else comes to mind. The point being, that these forums are not serious.

However, the second thing, people need to stop being so childish. Heated discussions are ok, one-time or casual trolling is ok, and joking around is perfectly fine. It's when these things are taken too far that it becomes not only annoying to the people reading it, but to the people who actually want to have an interesting discussion.

Case in point: Spamming the hell out of a lore thread with a pyramid. Is that necessary? At all? I don't think it is. The other thing, and something I find quite strange, is the latest tendency to "post spam" to raise your post count. Who cares?

As an example, none140 is being banned. He can make a new account and rejoin our forums as a kindly user under a different name to increase his post count like a normal person. I sadly don't have the moderation power to remove all of a user's posts, and will likely be going through and deleting his useless posts when I find them.

So, tl;dr version: If you are posting something that you realize is annoying, don't post. If you are spam posting for post count++, don't post. If you are repeatedly trolling like a child, don't post. These forums are moderated, and while I try to let as much as I can go, some things really drive people away and are incredibly annoying.

Have you ever wondered why so few DLC people actually post here regularly?
Krom

Postby The Great JT » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:23 pm

My thoughts exactly. Thank you, Krom.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby goris » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Krom wrote:Have you ever wondered why so few DLC people actually post here regularly?

Wow, when you put it that way I almost feel like we've done something terribly bad, ruined your forums and stuff. And I'm really sorry if I was any help to this(which i probably was).
2 Guys from DLC: Come back please, we can change ;)
goris

Postby rvbtucker » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Thank you.
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker

Postby Lihonessa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:45 am

And, as such, I would like to make a statement too.

Because of my big amount of posts in a short time, some people consider me as well as a spammer. Even with me being here only twice a week.
Also, I was in some way involved in the pyramid, and I was the cause of a big fight in an other thread several weeks ago.

So, I officially want to state here, that I am sorry for any inconvenient havoc I may have caused during my stay at these forums. Thus, I will no longer respond to or pick a fight with forums trolls, and I shall stay away if there is a pyramid forming up in a certain section.
This is only one step for me, but if everybody joins me in this, this will be a big step for the forums itself.

I hope that people will no longer see me as a spammer in the future, but just as a normal playful member who happens to post a lot, and who uses his posts in ways that actually make sense instead of posting them for pure gibberish.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Gnosis » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:34 pm

Lihonessa wrote:I will no longer respond to or pick a fight with forums trolls.

In my opinion, that won't happen...

Gnosis

Postby Mysteria » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:04 am

but..its more fun with trolls :(
so far,so good,so what?
Mysteria

PreviousNext

Return to General