Anime

Discuss anything!

Anime

Postby Velrok » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:23 am

So, do you like Anime ? Are you watching some series? Which is your favourite?

Also feel free to propose some of them!

Well right now i am going to watch Black Lagoon, and i am just after Chrno Crusade. Also right now i am watching Bleach(Don't like it at all :P Manga is nice though) , Naruto (Anime sucks, but still watching, also reading manga which is kewl and i <3 it) , D.Gray-man (Only anime and i am a bit retarded with it.).

So feel free to talk about anime in here!
Velrok

Postby Ballarus » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:38 am

I own Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Excel Saga. I'll pick up Full Metal Alchemist once they release that as one big set, too.

Adult Swim's anime selection has sucked for the last year or so, except for Death Note, which has been pretty great so far. Blood+ was boring at first, but it's more interesting now.
Ballarus

Postby lib3rator » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:46 am

i like only the kabamaru igano series and some other ancient anime series. ond ofc i hate naruto and one piece(of sht)
lib3rator

Postby ferb » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:35 am

im tbh not much in to anime series :? but i used to watch dragonball Z if that counts as a anime serie :?
ferb = former ferbian forum member - inactive account XD
ferb

Postby Velrok » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:17 am

DBZ is obviously anime serie.

Umm i see not many fans here ._.

And yeah, Death Note is great serie, everyone should look forward to it , even oldschool anime fans :P
Velrok

Postby Ballarus » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:54 am

Actually, I own a few seasons of DB and DBZ, too. I loved it when I was younger, and I'd still rather watch that over Naruto or Bleach.
Ballarus

Postby Velrok » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:56 am

Well, yeah... It's hard to say that DB was better than DBZ or DBZ worse than DB:GT, cuz it kept same feeling during whole series and brought great outcome. And about Naruto and Bleach - it's really easy to see that these series are getting worse and worse. It's just not worth watching anymore, but manga is still pretty amazing.
Velrok

Postby PallysPwnNoobs » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:24 am

anime.... *sigh* good times... gooooood times....
PallysPwnNoobs

Postby PirateKing » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:10 am

Well,i used to watch LOTS of anime(i cant even start listing them), but this year, because of an awesome amount of schoolwork, it kinda went down the hole....Although, im currently downloading Elfen Lied, it seems interesting....
PirateKing

Postby Narya » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:18 am

we haven't been keeping up with the newer stuff, but we do like Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis Evangelion, and have them on our collections.
Narya <Dark Legacy>
Narya

Postby Velrok » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Narya, what kind of anime you like? Maybe could i help you? :)

~PirateKing , indeed. Elfen lied was AWESOME brutal drama serie, i almost cried at end. Only 13 eps though :<
Velrok

Postby Galobtar » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:33 pm

OUTLAW STAR IS THE BEST ANIME EVER!!!

but i do also like:

tengen toppa gurren lagann
Ikki Tousen
Bleach
WitchBlade
amaenaideyo
Genshiken
Girls Bravo
DearS
Green Green

Yea some of those are just short little series, I got bored and got into an anime phase so yea... i cant explain

I HATE Cowboy Bebop

Gene Starwind > Spike Whatever
Proud Retired WoW Player
Galobtar

Postby Sieldaren » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:13 am

Blood++ and DBZ mostly
The powerleveler
Sieldaren

Postby FenixStryk » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:53 am

I enjoy watching anime, but I often find that when it is dubbed, the new voices aren't able to correctly match the tones of the original. Some even go so low as to add lines and phrases that were never there to begin with, just so lips would sync (Naruto's "Believe it!" phrase comes to mind, as well as the classic "Ha-HAA!"s added to dubs from older movies)... but I digress.

Try to watch animes that don't go beyond 24 episodes, as they tend to lose track of their respective plots in favor of long, meaningless fight scenes and random, drawn-out conversations (DBZ).

A couple animes I'd recommend:
Sunabouzu
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
FenixStryk

Postby Ballarus » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:29 pm

Yeah, but I forgive DBZ, because it's the shining example of such a series. It's really like a huge joke, which kind of makes it more fun to watch. "This week on DBZ, still on Namek!"

Oh, and the dubbed version at least is extremely cheesy/corny, which I personally find funny.
Ballarus

Next

Return to General