Philosofical question

Discuss anything!

Philosofical question

Postby Neth » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:50 am

Okay, i have an interesting question for you.
Imagine that you are King South, named thusly because you have a river floating from the northern edge of your kingdom down through the kingdom to a lake that ends roughly in the middle of your kingdom. Now, you have a neighbour up north named fittingly King North. The river floats through the whole of his kingdom aswell. Now, you and King North are not the best of friends, and unfortunately, you and King North engage in a verbal battle. Needless to say, it will likely lead to war between your nations. As you go to sleep that day, still furious, you come up with a horrifying thought: What if King North intends to poison the river? What will you do?

This question has no answer, i am just after your thoughts :)
Legendary Warrior called Chicken Chaser
Image

Image
User avatar
Neth
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:57 am

Postby Shadostriker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:18 pm

Lauch the missiles! :twisted:
User avatar
Shadostriker
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:36 am
Location: Can't do that while stunned!!

Postby Frioz » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:14 pm

There goes the neighborhood.

If I go down, I'm bringing him down with me, so I throw twice as much poison as he did!
Frioz
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:21 pm

Postby rvbtucker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Shadostriker wrote:Lauch the missiles! :twisted:
but I am le tired....
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:43 pm

Postby Lt. Kool-Aid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Laugh because he poisoned his own water.... silly King North, as we all know the only TRUE way to win a war is with badgers with tiny little hammers.





Lots of badgers





(if they are rabid thats a plus... if not its still ok)



also to answer the question of no answer.... dig deep for water. as the water seeps down through the earth, the toxins get filtered out
1 full year playing wow: about $190
snowboard: $200

Thinking about casting greater heal of yourself when you break an arm: Priceless
User avatar
Lt. Kool-Aid
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:28 am
Location: coming soon to DVD

Postby Azúmí » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:48 am

Invasion imo :D
Image
User avatar
Azúmí
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:42 pm

Postby magic » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:42 am

Lt. Kool-Aid wrote:Laugh because he poisoned his own water....


I think the point you missed, and to be honest it did not come out too clearly in the original post, is how he is *not* poisoning his own water - the river is flowing southwards, the poisoned water will only affect the southern land.

I think the second point of the original post, was that this is the southern lands only source of water as well.

So, to sum it up, you're in a situation where the north has an attack plan that is sure to completely wipe you out, and you suspect they will use it..

Ofcourse in the real world, you'd be hard pressed to conjure up a situation that would be this black and white, but I belive he wants to ask you, if your choice is to accept defeat and death, or do a preemptive strike, what would you do.
Image
User avatar
magic
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 am

Postby Neth » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:09 am

magic wrote:I think the point you missed, and to be honest it did not come out too clearly in the original post, is how he is *not* poisoning his own water - the river is flowing southwards, the poisoned water will only affect the southern land.

I think the second point of the original post, was that this is the southern lands only source of water as well.

So, to sum it up, you're in a situation where the north has an attack plan that is sure to completely wipe you out, and you suspect they will use it..

Ofcourse in the real world, you'd be hard pressed to conjure up a situation that would be this black and white, but I belive he wants to ask you, if your choice is to accept defeat and death, or do a preemptive strike, what would you do.


You took this perfectly correct, if he would poison the water he would indeed poison it at the southern tip of his kingdom, thereby keeping his water still pure, while poisoning your whole water supply. The only exeption is that i didn't check if people accepted death & that stuff, i merely wanted to see some hilarious suggestions aswell as some real serious stuffs.

One suggestion i recall from the forum where this was originally posted (OMG I STOLE IT :P) was leading the river to a new lake or reservoir, under strictly controlled checks naturally, which would act as a emergency incase he did indeed poison the river. Every once in a while you would check the river if it was poisoned, and if it were, you were to launch a war (NUKES AWAY!) and still posses a large amount of healthy water.

Another one, unserious this time, was to circle around his kingdom with a large army, attack King FurtherNorth and take over his kingdom, and poison the water at HIS southern tip, thereby poisoning King North's water.
...No there is no King FurtherNorth :P
Legendary Warrior called Chicken Chaser
Image

Image
User avatar
Neth
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:57 am

Postby Vytamindi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:54 am

Why not say, "Sorry," and invite his whole kingdom over to celebrate the new alliance.



Then poison them.
Vytamindi
70 Shaman
<ZerØ>
Shu'halo
Vytamindi
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Shu'halo

Postby Shadostriker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Start a new colony in a new land with a new name and new friends and a new look and a new...uh...umm...nevermind.
User avatar
Shadostriker
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:36 am
Location: Can't do that while stunned!!

Postby rvbtucker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:17 pm

this is the point in which the King would have to swallow his pride and arrange a meeting with his fellow King to settle a peace treaty.






Then, knowing that his son is capable of running his country and having told him to be prepared to do so, he would kill the other king with a hidden dagger, and go down fighting as many of his gaurds as possible! MWAHAHAHAHA
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:43 pm

Postby Suztang » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:53 pm

call the marines....


i told myself im only doing one motivational post on this forum and goddamn it i cant let this one past!!! :twisted:
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Image
User avatar
Suztang
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:52 am
Location: stuck in virginia.....

Postby rvbtucker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Suztang wrote:call the marines....


i told myself im only doing one motivational post on this forum and goddamn it i cant let this one past!!! :twisted:
if at first you dont succede.....call in the marines.
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:43 pm

Postby Suztang » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:55 pm

rvbtucker wrote:
Suztang wrote:call the marines....


i told myself im only doing one motivational post on this forum and goddamn it i cant let this one past!!! :twisted:
if at first you dont succede.....call in the marines.


:D
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Image
User avatar
Suztang
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:52 am
Location: stuck in virginia.....

Postby The Great JT » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:14 pm

rvbtucker wrote:if at first you dont succeed.....hire mafia goons.

Fixed.
Image

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
User avatar
The Great JT
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 pm
Location: Orgrimmar

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest