Try Not To Laugh

Discuss anything!

Postby Thatguy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:01 pm

<3 Failblog
Thatguy

Postby Klavs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Takisha wrote:
Klavs wrote:That one with the car crash victim is disgusting and in horrible taste.

Black humor, what' d'ya want, some people find this funny.

Thought, I will remove it since I'm pretty sure it'll get bad comments

Anyone who finds a picture of a dead person in a car accident with a caption "cheer up someone's having a worse day than you" funny is a sicko and should be kept away from other people.
I am so awesome I make people crap their pants
Klavs

Postby Lanthroviel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Klavs wrote:
Takisha wrote:
Klavs wrote:That one with the car crash victim is disgusting and in horrible taste.

Anyone who finds a picture of a dead person in a car accident with a caption "cheer up someone's having a worse day than you" funny is a sicko and should be kept away from other people.

Not only that, the "ironic" thing here is that's it's the wedding celebration, and the just new bride is dying while the groom is watching...I hope this is a fake picture,took only on purpose.Poor guy if not...

Yeah, although I don't blame you like Klavs for posting it, remove this pic.Even if the text is clearly what I think each day, I don't need such picture to remember it (just watch the news, and be a little clever.)

PS:I don't think the "cheer up" was intended to the guy in the picture, but to us (like every other Picture with this style posted in the other topic) but even, it's not a funny picture, just a message.
Last edited by Lanthroviel on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Takisha wrote:
kozom1234 wrote:/sigh no laughs.

I don't get how you can still not laugh when your sig is:

"it sounds like a fart *thhpbhbphhph* lol"

Well, gratz I think. Maybe one more:

nope...nada.... and yes.. you think i would piss myself with my sig...yet no (its a DLC quote)
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Takisha » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Klavs wrote:
Takisha wrote:

So damn right, I'm a sicko because I find funny something you don't, ololo²

What I find funny in the image is not the pic itself, it's how ironic it is

Takisha
Takisha

Postby Jamshy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:41 pm

Takisha wrote:
Klavs wrote:
Takisha wrote:

So damn right, I'm a sicko because I find funny something you don't, ololo²

What I find funny in the image is not the pic itself, it's how ironic it is

Takisha

Ironic is funny, and you should know that he is not laughing on the man that died, he is laughing on the ironic and sarcastic sentence.
I have a friend that likes these jokes, so let me tell ya a story:
Like a month ago, there was a child missing in Israel - "Rose" they called her. Her father hit her in the car and then she fainted, so he pushed her into a bag and threw her to the Yarkon River (Yarkon is from the word Yarok ירוק in hebrew, this word represents green), that is, like it's name, one of the most corrupted rivers in Israel (it's green from trash), so he drowned her there, put stones at the bag to drown it. So when they found it she was with an pacifier in here mouth. That's ironic! But every men and women was sad because of that Rose died. It was really a sad story... I can't laugh at it- but think: If it was happening without the media running around crazily and every people crying for what happend, people would have laughed at it freely.

So he doesn't like DEATH AND DESTRUCTION. He sees an funny irony.
And those people who see that irony are pretty gifted. And I know it personally.
Jamshy

Postby Lanthroviel » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:13 am

I think Klavs just overheated himself with his "psycho" critic.
As for me,however, I didn't blame him for laughing on the ironic reference as I said, or the bad jokes, just because he posted a REAL picture, from a real event.

I mean, take exemple at the "terrorist attack in India" topic.Everyone (including you) blamed Chartic , saying "not funny" at his "good loot" jokes about the 120 deads of the event.

Now , if, in the "bad jokes" thread, he would have said BEFORE THE ATTACK a joke like "An indian, an american and a no life are speaking in the park, the indian say "today there was a terrorist attack , and I lost my parent" the américan say "how sad!" and the no life say "you should check if they drop a good loot."" , you wouldn't have reacted like that, you would have said "this jock is lame" "suxx" or something like that,but against the joke itself, not him.
I spotted the irony in the picture too, and I didn't liked it,cause if the love of my life would die in front of me the day of my wedding, I would kill myself...
Now the message may be true, but if the pic is real, then it's overall not funny.I didn't call Takisha a psycho though, I just said he should have removed the pic (I didn't know he already removed it when I posted) , because of that.

Edit:Oh yeah, and Jamshy talked about the Rose case, but he didn't told EVERYTHING about it (in fact, it wasn't even the father) so here it FULLY is:

A young french couple (they both are around 19 ) discovers that they will become parents.They decide to marry after that, and a young girl is born, her name is Rose.While Rose is growing up, the husband just "rediscovered" his father, who remained in Israel since a long time.They have a good relationship on phone/online ,and they decide to meet him in Israel in a trip.And during the meeting, guess what, the mother of Rose fell in love with her husband's father, Rose grandfather.The couple soon divorce, and the husband go back in France with Rose and try to have a new life, while the mother stay in Israel with the grandfather (still here?).She will have 2 childrens with him and then asked for rose's guard, and somehow, have it.Then it's blur.It seems that Rose had difficulties with her new life, and the parents found her "embarassing", who knows....
Conclusion?After a trip to meet his grandfather, a young man just lost his wife, and a few years later his daughter.The daughter then died, his father go to prison probably for the rest of his life, and he and his ex wife will probably have remorse for the rest of their days.
So if he hadn't tied a new relationship with his old family, he would have more family by now.Sweet irony hey? :/

Now lets just get back in the (funny!) topic, but this was just exemples to show you the limit of irony^^
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Juonryu » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:25 am

i curse everyone who wont laugh at this.

and this.

(by Kennon9)
You, Sasuke! You will become my new light!!!

Deviously Annoying:
http://juonryu.deviantart.com/
Juonryu

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:12 am

i chuckled.
reminded me of Hey Arnold! back on nick when i was younger.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Jamshy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:10 am

And THIS is funny.
Well, you can say a lot of things on that one:
"I think they've got aids" or "I knew CRYSIS was hiding something from me!".
Jamshy

Postby Juonryu » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:06 pm

i dont see whats so funny about a refuse container. :P
You, Sasuke! You will become my new light!!!

Deviously Annoying:
http://juonryu.deviantart.com/
Juonryu

Postby kozom1234 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:29 pm

you cast images/videos/jokes

kozom is immune

:D

kozom1234

Postby Klavs » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:22 pm

For those of you saying I overheated and can't laugh at the irony, etc.

What if, just for example, that was your wife you saw in that picture with people making ironic jokes about her as she is laying strewn over a car's hood covered in blood and quite obviously dead.

Would you laugh then? Would you see the irony behind it? I wouldn't I would be furious and distraught and I doubt any of you would be otherwise.

Thats all I have to say on this topic.
I am so awesome I make people crap their pants
Klavs

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:39 pm

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/469184
contains some adult images so if u are easily offended by it dont click.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby kozom1234 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:42 pm

the part where he found MARRRIIIAAAA ALMOST made me smirk.

kozom1234

PreviousNext

Return to General