Fallout... 3!

Discuss anything!

Fallout... 3!

Postby Juonryu » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:43 am

why no fallout fred?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg9t7uXkLyA
oooooooooooh yeah baby! what do you think, guys and gals? about this upcoming game
You, Sasuke! You will become my new light!!!

Deviously Annoying:
http://juonryu.deviantart.com/
Juonryu

Postby goris » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:34 am

WTB Fallout 3, ASAP, paying gazilllion gold
goris

Postby Lihonessa » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:24 am

Um... What is Fallout about, actually?

I've only heared of the game a couple of times, but I've never played it before. It looks good though. :)

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby goris » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 am

If you've seen only fallout 3 trailer you don't really know what did Fallout 1&2 look like. It is a rpg with this "bird-eye" view (i believe it's called "Bird-eye" :D ). The story is happening after the third world war, in which 99% of the US was destroyed. The only people who survived the war were those who have hidden themselves in "Vaults". Every Vault was equipped with water chips to ensure there's enough water for everyone and a GECK which was a special device assigned to create a new world once the war is over. There were many Vaults but the most important is Vault13. This Vault accidentally received two GECKs but only a small amount of water chips.
In fallout 1 you were a guy from Vault 13 who was sent to the outer (heavily radiated) world in order to find another Vault and borrow some water chips from them. blah blah blah, pew pew pew, blah blah blah ... pew pew... THE END
In fallout 2 you were a guy, a descendant of the guy from fallout 1. You were living in a village which was founded by the guy form fallout 1 and your village was running out of food and supplies and all important thingz. So you were sent to find Vault13 and get one of the two GECKs from there. blah blah blah, pew pew pew, blah blah blah... some very BIG complications, blah blah blah, your village all destroyed, american president appearing out of nowhere, weird guys with waaaay bigger guns than you... blah blah blah, some expolosions, pew pew pew... THE END

Not to mention that the games were also full of mutated creatures, mutated or radiated people (either good or bad) and even Aliens :D

I know that there were other Fallout games (Fallout Tactics for example) but i played only Fallout 1 and Fallout 2

Fallout 3 looks more like a FPS to me(again, not sure if "FPS" is the correct name :D i know only strategies and MMORPGs :D)

yeah, and if you're wondering, GECK stands for Garden of Eden Creation Kit
and a screenshot from Fallout 2 in case that "bird-eye" isn't the right expression :D

lol, hope my grammar is correct :)
goris

Postby Juonryu » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:46 am

PIPBoy!!!

Deviously Annoying:
Juonryu

Postby Lihonessa » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:03 am

Heh, well, at least that description made enough sense to me. :wink:

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Krom » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:39 am

I MUST HAVE IT.
Krom

Postby Juonryu » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:25 am

im a "recovering computer addict" - so i dunno if i'll be able to play this wicked sick game =(

Deviously Annoying:
Juonryu

Postby tessae » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Try playing Fallout 1 with a high strength / IQ 1 idiot.

The game adjusts itself to your character a bit ... the quest paths for idiotic characters are hilarious.
tessae

Return to General