Questions to Keydar and the DLC character creators.

Post any questions you have about DLC

Postby Pelki » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:00 am

I've also always wondered if Elan is an alt of one of the guild members, or a friend online outside of WoW maybe? Who is this mysterious Elan? :3
Pelki

Postby yssar » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:02 am

Pelki wrote:I've also always wondered if Elan is an alt of one of the guild members, or a friend online outside of WoW maybe? Who is this mysterious Elan? :3

Evil trouble making hordie type. We hates them... yessss
Saedere, Druid Extraordinaire

Dark Legacy
yssar
DL Guild Member

Postby Pelki » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:07 am

yssar wrote:
Pelki wrote:I've also always wondered if Elan is an alt of one of the guild members, or a friend online outside of WoW maybe? Who is this mysterious Elan? :3

Evil trouble making hordie type. We hates them... yessss

Ohhh hahah. x3; Fun.

I just always try to make friends with everyone I see, including alliance. ;0
Pelki

Postby Squival » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:10 am

Our server can be quite nice sometimes, I take my night elf to Orgrimarr and dance and some hordies dance with him too :) Emotes are great...but for some reason its always the undead rogues which love to get me...I can see them froth at the mouth

When I go horde though lvl 60's try to gank my lvl 50 where ever I go when I occasionally have PvP on >.<
(EU-Turalyon Server)

Hailing from the UK...and yes I do like tea
Squival

Postby Mijikai » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:08 am

our server has its own unofficial forums (lbforums.com) just to avoid the moderation of blizzard on the normals ones. Elan was a dude who decided to make a dark legacy comics thread and update it everytime keydar posted a new comic.

it just worked out that Elan was a horde toon to make a comic about the new polymorphs. thus...

YOU ATE ELAN!?
Mijikai

Postby Jaexi » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:27 am

Mijikai wrote:YOU ATE ELAN!?

Yeas, was quite tasty! :)

/Jaenyamnyam
Jaexi - Gnome Rogue
<Core of Insight>
Shadowsong EU
Jaexi

Postby Arcazua » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:51 am

Elan is the doofus bard in Order of the Stick, DUH!

Some of the comics are inspired by real events, and some are obviously not based on anything in particular (like the goblin in Booty Bay and the Duskwood quest chain comics.) As Snowkitty said, the comic where Alcatraz got BA during Vael, and was in type mode and couldn't use his WASD keys to move actually happened.
Arcazua
DL Guild Member

Postby rvbtucker » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:16 pm

Jaexi wrote:
Pelki wrote:I wish I understood http://www.darklegacycomics.com/29.html >:. I'm sure it refers to some level 55+ place.

Or, I'm just a moron.

But thanks! :3

It's the second boss in Blackwing Lair; Vaelstraz the Corrupt.

Every so often someone (usually the leader on Vaels' threat list or a random mana user) gets a 'debuff' called Burning Adrenaline (which is featured in the comic) which increases all of your melee/spell abilities by 100%, makes every spell 'insta-cast' and reduces your health maximum health by 5% every second. By the time 15 or 20 seconds are up and the person has a maximum health of 0HP - BOOM!

That's why you have to move out the raid before you blow up and wipe everyone out :)

/Jaeisburning
I always thought it was baron from MC....then again, I've never been to BWL.....
Yea thats right....I ZOMFGBBQWTFIDIDNTKNOWYOUCOULDDOTHATANDYOUNEEDANERFNERFZOMFGBLIZZHELPMECAUSEINEEDTOLEARNTOLPAYAHHHpwn
rvbtucker

Postby Ballarus » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:10 am

Arcazua wrote:Elan is the awesome bard in Order of the Stick, DUH!

Fix'd.
Ballarus

Postby Jaexi » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:50 am

rvbtucker wrote:I always thought it was baron from MC....then again, I've never been to BWL.....

Baron's ability is called 'Living Bomb'.

/Jaeisthebomb
Jaexi - Gnome Rogue
<Core of Insight>
Shadowsong EU
Jaexi

Postby Zohar » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:01 pm

Keydar could make a whole series of comics about the different ways we have wiped to Vael. Alcatraz having his chat box open was just one of many...

Way back when we were still trying to kill him we walked into the room and someone ran up to talk to him because they thought he had a quest. No quest, just death for all! For a long time after that our term for pulling a boss was "go get your quest."

My personal favorite was after we had already wiped once already so Vael was up (he's asleep before the first time you fight him). Our MT for the night, Mediocrity, counted down and started running in to tank. Right at that moment you hear him say "Shit I froze!" on TS and rand straight through to the wall behind Vael and we all died laughing.

Oh yeah, I wiped us one time too. I was talking to someone through tells and I reached to hit my R key to reply... but I missed and hit my 5 key, which is Corruption... and I had Vael targetted... and with my spec its instant cast... ;)
Zohar
DL Guild Member

Postby snowkitty » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:59 pm

Zohar wrote:Oh yeah, I wiped us one time too. I was talking to someone through tells and I reached to hit my R key to reply... but I missed and hit my 5 key, which is Corruption... and I had Vael targetted... and with my spec its instant cast... ;)

yup, and after Zohar made that famous pull, Krom (or Knorth?) ordered everyone to sit our butts down or face the wall while we set up for Vael.

I don't have time to raid anymore, but I sure do miss you guys. :)
snowkitty

Postby yssar » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:42 am

Zohar wrote:Way back when we were still trying to kill him we walked into the room and someone ran up to talk to him because they thought he had a quest. No quest, just death for all! For a long time after that our term for pulling a boss was "go get your quest."

That was Alc, he announced in raid for folks to go get their quest. Someone was dumb enough to do it.

Alc also has a knack for creating tells that look like they came from someone else. for folks that don't resize their chat window, he sends stuff like:

<From> Alcatraz: Hey (creative use of spaces) |<-endofwindow
<From> Someone Else: You suck!
Saedere, Druid Extraordinaire

Dark Legacy
yssar
DL Guild Member

Postby Pelki » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:39 am

Why do so few people in EU servers in parties use TS/Ventrilo etc? Makes me sad. I hate typing while WoWing. >:

You guys seem funfun. ;0
Pelki

Postby Zohar » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:36 am

snowkitty wrote:
Zohar wrote:Oh yeah, I wiped us one time too. I was talking to someone through tells and I reached to hit my R key to reply... but I missed and hit my 5 key, which is Corruption... and I had Vael targetted... and with my spec its instant cast... ;)

yup, and after Zohar made that famous pull, Krom (or Knorth?) ordered everyone to sit our butts down or face the wall while we set up for Vael.

I don't have time to raid anymore, but I sure do miss you guys. :)

It was Knorth who said that. To this day I still sit facing the wall with nothing targetted before we fight Vael.
Zohar
DL Guild Member

PreviousNext

Return to Q&A