Drawing skills

Post any questions you have about DLC

Drawing skills

Postby Okkay » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:19 am

Keydar, your drawing skills seem to have gotten much better very quickly, when comparing your earilier strips to the newer ones. As someone who has spent time trying to improve his own drawing skills with little success, I was wondering what you do or have done in order to get better at drawing.
Okkay

Postby Keydar » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:38 pm

Well, there are two factors that have affected the quality of my comics. The first is just effort. I spit out the first 20 comics in 10 days, and really wasn't putting as much effort into them as I do now. Interestingly, the first comic that I really tried to make look good was the one titled "Effort." I decided it was about time I made cells, and put a background in.

The second factor is just me finding shortcuts and easier ways to draw certain things. I don't really feel like any of my motor skills have really improved. You can only get better at this with practice. I think almost anyone, given enough effort can draw anything. Practice just shortens the time it takes to do each step. As time goes on as well, you discover better ways to do things, which are often more difficult, and can often take longer. So just practice :).
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Okkay » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:57 pm

Hmm... Effort & practice, huh? I guess I'm out of luck. :)
Okkay

Postby Aelrok » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:55 pm

wacom tablets are also kind of hard to use at first
Aelrok

Return to Q&A