Raptor striking back

Post your own art for critique and/or discussion.

Postby Raptorbane » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:27 pm

Oh man, so much to reply to! Okay~

kozom1234 wrote:two things.

1. great picture (as always), and yes benches do suck (somehow i always seem to find the ones covered in gum and/or poo and sit on them)

2. I always pictured you as blonde, not sure why (I'm not making a dumb blonde joke, really.)

Yea I dunno why but somehow I always manage to subtly get it across that I'm blond, without even telling anyone.

Judai wrote:RAPTOR U REMOVED UR AWESOME AVATAR QQ

I want teh Dancing Azn bak...

D: I'm sorry!

kozom1234 wrote:I like her new one more :D

NOW I'M TORN ON WHAT ONE TO PUT/KEEP UP

Dragonas wrote:Have to say I'm totally impressed... I can draw... well... nothing. I can field strip a M-16 in 46 seconds blindfolded though :D Great work!

Well that's impressive! I don't know anything military/gun related. :o

Edit: A long long time ago (like 3 years ago) back when my drawing was bad (read: worse), I offered to draw the character of people on my WoW realm as practice. Well, only one guy ended up wanting one (frown) and I was kinda DISTRAUGHT due to the amount of detail on his damned dress. So I scribbled it, and did a bad job overall, and was kind of bummed by it.

So yesterday, I contacted him again and told him I wanted to retry it. He provided me with a screen shot, but I couldn't really see the details of the warlock T8 chest and gloves. I tried them on myself and still couldn't really see 'em, so I improvised them. This is my test page, I'll finish the actual picture really soon. :3

Raptorbane

Postby judgement14 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:49 pm

now i wish i was on your realm

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby Raptorbane » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:02 pm

judgement14 wrote:now i wish i was on your realm

Hehe :)

Also, was messing around with some new textures I downloaded, and I think I'll start doing a color and gradient background like this with all my doodles now :D

Raptorbane

Postby Dragonas » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:27 am

Still impressed!

I've never quite been able to get passed stick figures.

I'm more musically inclined, and like deconstructing all sorts of things. I can write sheet music and play 14 different instruments... but when it comes to drawing... I lack, severely if I may, any known talent. Luckily I have music to fall back on... and heck, if they ever have a field-stripping competition, I'm a shoe-in right?

I've always wished I could draw "anything" I remember when I was like 7... I took this picture that this guy drew and said it was mine... then when I was asked to draw something else like it... yea well... let's just say I was CAUGHT! So I geared my "we'll call it (active imagination)" towards more "honest" prospects.

And because I realize I do the quotation marks thing far too much... "LAAAZER"
Dragonas

Postby kozom1234 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:45 am

wow, i love the new totako!
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Raptorbane » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:27 am

Dragonas wrote:Still impressed!

I've never quite been able to get passed stick figures.

I'm more musically inclined, and like deconstructing all sorts of things. I can write sheet music and play 14 different instruments... but when it comes to drawing... I lack, severely if I may, any known talent. Luckily I have music to fall back on... and heck, if they ever have a field-stripping competition, I'm a shoe-in right?

I've always wished I could draw "anything" I remember when I was like 7... I took this picture that this guy drew and said it was mine... then when I was asked to draw something else like it... yea well... let's just say I was CAUGHT! So I geared my "we'll call it (active imagination)" towards more "honest" prospects.

And because I realize I do the quotation marks thing far too much... "LAAAZER"

Ahahaha. At that age I wouldn't call it art thievery, even though technically it is. Being caught is the worst. I know someone back from when I was like... 12, took something - I drew - and told me he drew it, and didn't know that I had drawn it. The conversation sort of played out like this.

Me: Oh really? You drew that?
Him: Yep!
Me: Wow, it's pretty good! *I poked a few of my friends* Look at this guy's drawing! Isn't it great? (they played along)
Friend1: Huh, wow! It is pretty good :o
Friend2: Yea, too bad you can't draw like that.
Me: So uh... What else have you drawn?
Him: Eh, a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Me: Really? Here, look at my stuff!

I handed him my booklet that I kept all my drawings in. He found the original of what he "drew" in there and tried to pin a rather stuttery thievery on me instead. Poor kid.

kozom1234 wrote:wow, i love the new totako!

wry thank u :3
Raptorbane

Postby judgement14 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:32 am

kid got owned

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby Dragonas » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:18 am

Classic! Luckily I stole mine from a friend of my dad's he was in his 30's and actually drew it for me... so at first he played along because he liked me. But after I got caught... he laughed. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

So raptor when ya see your stuff on other sites don't come looking for me hehe... totally kidding. You definitely are an amazing artist though.
Dragonas

Postby Raptorbane » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:07 am

Dragonas wrote:Classic! Luckily I stole mine from a friend of my dad's he was in his 30's and actually drew it for me... so at first he played along because he liked me. But after I got caught... he laughed. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

So raptor when ya see your stuff on other sites don't come looking for me hehe... totally kidding. You definitely are an amazing artist though.

Haha, that was nice of him :D

Also, completely unrelated, I just had the best salad ever. With chicken strips.
Raptorbane

Postby Dragonas » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:35 am

I have yet to see lunch... I think I need to leave the base today....
Dragonas

Postby Raptorbane » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:39 am

Dragonas wrote:I have yet to see lunch... I think I need to leave the base today....

Omnomnomnomnom
Raptorbane

Postby judgement14 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:22 pm

food is for the weak
if there isnt anything appetizing at my house to eat
i just end up not eating anything

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby kozom1234 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:54 pm

judgement14 wrote:food is for the weak

Wow, anorexic much Judgement? :shock:
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Raptorbane » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:03 pm

I must be incredibly pathetic then because over the course of my 12 hour day so far, I have eaten two pieces of French toast, a salad with chicken strips, brussel sprouts, a small sandwich and then a 12" sub. And to be quite honest

I'm
still
kinda
hungry.
Raptorbane

Postby judgement14 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:39 pm

kozom1234 wrote:

Wow, anorexic much Judgement? :shock:

lol nah

i actually eat alot if its something i like
but if i dont have the appetite for what i have around me i just dont eat it
maybe its a subconscious view of food i have where if i dont enjoy eating it i dont eat it
i do tend to skip breakfast tho
but thats usually do to lack of time

also there is usually lack of food that i like cuz i tend to eat it all a day or 2 before

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

PreviousNext

Return to Art