My Drawings

Post your own art for critique and/or discussion.

Good?

Yush
38%
Nuu
No votes
s'ok
63%

Total votes : 16

My Drawings

Postby Shalron » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:36 pm

http://shalron.deviantart.com/art/My-Blood-Elf-68026905
I drew my Blood Elf Hunter during the zangarmarsh period. Yes I know the quality is a bit iffy, but since it isnt touched up or edited to any real extent I am really happy with it :)
My other art (non wow) is also at http://shalron.deviantart.com
Shalron

Postby Lihonessa » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:04 am

The Blood Elf was not bad. Not bad at all, even. And the rest of your art was pretty good too. :)

Although I wonder why there are so many drawings of Sonic... :P

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Shadostriker » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 am

Yeah, nice art, I really like it... As some constructive criticism, (uh oh) though I have trouble with this myself, you may want to practice drawing hands and feet... it's really hard to get them to look three dimentional. :) Nonetheless, it's an interesting style and you should keep it up... practice makes perfect and all that. :wink:
Shadostriker

Postby Shalron » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:40 pm

thanks :D I did a few Sonic pictures cause Sonic was my first ever game so its kinda sentimental to me :oops: and also i wanted to try to get better at drawing him, and by putting my failed drawings on i can get some constructive criticism i may not have seen myself. :)
Shalron

Postby Hugginbear » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:16 pm

They're ok. I think, aside from practice, if you really want to get better you should actively seek out information on how to draw. Nobody likes hearing that, and I'm not saying you can't draw. I am saying human civilization is built upon the knowledge of those who came before us. As such, there's a wealth of information on drawing that we can use to get better.

Check out 'The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain' by Betty Edwards. It's a book on drawing from observation and realism. Even if you have no interest in either of those things, knowing how to do both will help you. Necessary? Perhaps not, but if you want to improve in all areas of your drawing ability it's certainly not a bad idea.

Not to mention it's actually a fairly interesting read, also dealing with how we perceive the world around us and how our brain interprets (sometimes to our disadvantage) the information it receives.

http://cynicalcoffee.deviantart.com if you want to hit me up up on DA.
Hugginbear

Return to Art