Mah Stuffs

Post your own art for critique and/or discussion.

Mah Stuffs

Postby Raptorbane » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Well I'm kinda new here, new as in I just got the ability to post, but this is my stuff. (My scanner is smaller than my sketchbook, so some of the pages might have some shadow on them.)

My gnome rogue if he were a human.

My persona... thing... in sunglasses.

Raptorbane if he were the Phantom of the Opera. (I like this one.)

One of my side-characters.

This next one is a T-shirt idea I had, front and back. Text is probably subject to change. I plan on colouring over the dragon's face so you can't see him through the back of the hole in the paper, I just needed it there to line the body up properly. (I still did it wrong.)

I play Raptorbane, gnome rogue on Steamwheedle Cartel, incase anyone wants to talk or anything. Alright, I'm done talking now.

Edit: D: The one of my side chars wasn't popping up. Edward in his invisible lawn chair should show up now.
Last edited by Raptorbane on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raptorbane

Postby goris » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Pretty good imo.
i like the third one the most
goris

Postby Raptorbane » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:03 pm

:D thanks
Raptorbane

Postby Juonryu » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:22 pm

pretty good. they look very clean, although i'd like to have maybe a little more detail on the first pic. second is best in my opinion.
more! do you have more?
You, Sasuke! You will become my new light!!!

Deviously Annoying:
http://juonryu.deviantart.com/
Juonryu

Postby Lihonessa » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:31 am

I agree, the second picture look better than the rest. The others are good as well though. :wink:

Keep making more and don't forsake your fans like I did with my comics! :D
[size=0]I never got new ideas for them...[/size]

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Gnosis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:00 am

Lihonessa wrote:I never got new ideas for them...

Dear Lihonessa,

1) Stop using low size writings!
2) You suck!
3) You lick!
4) You shove yourself!
5) All the points I wrote before this!

Yours truely,
Gnosis.

Gnosis

Postby Lihonessa » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:56 am

Dear Gnosis,

I love you too. <3

Yours truely,
Lihonessa

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Raptorbane » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:15 am

Juonryu wrote:pretty good. they look very clean, although i'd like to have maybe a little more detail on the first pic. second is best in my opinion.
more! do you have more?

Heh, I'll definately have to draw some more :D Soon.
Raptorbane

Postby Raptorbane » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:01 pm

New stuff!

Raptorbane

Postby Uriiko » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Wooooah
Your stuff is made of win, keep up the good work. c:
His hair is sexy by the way<3
~Go Me~
Uriiko

Postby Raptorbane » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Uriiko wrote:Wooooah

Who's hair? Edward's hair? I love his hair. XD I kinda made it up on a whim too, I'm not usually good with facial / hair / outfit design, but I did well with Edward and Raptor O.o (Raptorbane's a girl, but in WoW it's a man-gnome. Because Matt Hill VA'd male gnomes and Matt Hill is awesome.)
Raptorbane

Postby Uriiko » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:09 pm

Raptorbane wrote:

Who's hair? Edward's hair? I love his hair. XD I kinda made it up on a whim too, I'm not usually good with facial / hair / outfit design, but I did well with Edward and Raptor O.o (Raptorbane's a girl, but in WoW it's a man-gnome. Because Matt Hill VA'd male gnomes and Matt Hill is awesome.)

Yessss, Edward C:
Okay, I'm basically coming to conclude that you make delicious hair. Also I wanna slap the talent out of you and eat it :[
~Go Me~
Uriiko

Postby Raptorbane » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:53 am

Uriiko wrote:
Raptorbane wrote:

Yessss, Edward C:
Okay, I'm basically coming to conclude that you make delicious hair. Also I wanna slap the talent out of you and eat it :[

Hahaha! Lots of people say stuff like they wish they could tear out my talent and absorb it through their skin or something like that. I constantly tell myself "GAWD I SUCK" so I strive to get better :P "GAWD I SUCK AT HANDS" "GAWD I SUCK AT FEET" "GAWD I SUCK AT TABARDS" Now I'm fine with tabards. As long as they have simple design. Feet and hands improving too. I should post something I made in Grade 6. (5 years ago)

This is a lame comic I drew in grade 6 when Gundam Seed was the sh*t and if you didn't watch it you weren't cool.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ ... Comic1.jpg

Now, the black dragon in this one has been remodeled like 3 times now. I shaped his face to be more realistic in grade 8 by smoothing it out.

Here he is holding my grade 8 diploma-wannabe thing.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ ... otako1.jpg

And the newest remodel I just made TODAY during my art class by mistake :P I grooved his face a little more near his eye to make him more real, moved his hair right up to his forehead and broke the connection it had to his body. Now if I were to colour him in PS I'd use a smudge tool to do the switch between skin and hair.

I'll scan the newest one soon, probably edit it into this message.

Edit: Broke the BBC on the comic because it's HUUUUUGE.
Raptorbane

Postby Raptorbane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Update! New stuff! Raptorbane and Edward in their own comic at last! :D Spent the whole 3 years I've had them thinking up an idea to put 'em in.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ ... Animation/
This is the whole photobucket album dedicated to these doodles. Despite saying Animation it's not really an animation.
Yet.

Here's some highlights.

In this comic Ed's mom died of cancer. He's kinda beat up over it, but he carries journals with him where he writes to his mom the things he'd tell her at the end of the day. Kyoot, huh. He's a popular kid because he dresses nice and has funky hair. Cowlicks ftw. He doesn't really have FRIENDS, but he's popular, and he only really needs his journal to be happy. He really likes writing and intends to pursue a career in writing books.

Raptorbane, also being friendless, is talented in the way of drawing. She's friendless because people think she's weird for saying things like her characters she draws talk to her. She draws the other character I had star in several comics, the black dragon Totako.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ ... ation5.jpg
Here's Totako flying around the snake-slide in the make believe world I'm about to explain.

In this comic, artists aren't common. In fact, meeting one is like talking to your favorite celebrity. Artists from hundreds of years ago manufactured a secondary world where once an artist was accepted by the guild which ran the world they would be allowed in and assigned a Toon Pencil which would allow them easy access to the world. Toon Pencils don't break / diminish.

In this world, an artist's character can come to life, as you see Totako flyin' around up there in that picture. Woosh! The artist's character would then exist in the Toon World for as long as the artist kept him or her there. The artist could 'card' a toon, where they tap them with the Toon Pencil and they become a card. Not like a playing card. But a big, 5" x 6" card with their picture on it. Then they really do talk to you. Through your brain.

Edward, as a writer, isn't able to get into the Toon World. But Raptor goes in one day and forgets to close her portal. Ed falls in. CLICHE? YEA. Ed eventually is given a Toon pencil, only he writes with it.

And therein begins the friendship building. My first long comic with possible lurve interest ever. I'm excited.

Anyway, here's a couple of my favorites of the bunch of panels.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ ... ation9.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ ... mation.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ ... ation2.jpg

TL;DR

Interesting story
<picture>
More story
<more pictures>

Edit: Ed's glasses are real glasses, but with dark lenses. The pic with Raptor taking them off was me being a jerk to them because nobody really knows what color Ed's eyes are (Green, NOW YOU KNOW) and I shaded his face. >:D Characters stand no chance against my amount of evil.

Also Raptorbane's name isn't Raptorbane in this comic, I changed it to Skyler for obvious reasons; WHAT CHILD IS NAMED RAPTORBANE? ... Though that kind of name says "I'll beat you up" in high school.
Raptorbane

Postby Raptorbane » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:06 pm

New item! I made an icon and it took like 6 hours because my art programs kept messing up. But anyway.

Spent a few moments drawing 'em out on paper...

... then I quickly started outlining

... in Flash. That auto straightener for lines is reeeeally nice! I love it. :)

Anyway, after all the damn lines were down I slapped some color on that thing.

Then I begun shading.

Now it's all pretty.

Then I immediately dove for my preloaded Vista backgrounds to steal one for the background. Because I'm lazy and wanted those funky colors. I moved Raptor over to overlap Ed, and woosh! Here we go!

Though, it was kind of big of course, so I shrank it.

This thread takes up almost as much space on the internet as Neopets.
Raptorbane

Return to Art