Trolls and Goblins?

Discuss Warcraft Lore

Trolls and Goblins?

Postby Kaeshan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:08 am

Similar to this thread: Trolls and Night Elves.

I've always thought Trolls and Goblins are extremely similar, I'm sure others have thought the same. They are kind of like Humans and Gnomes, where they both share the same features but just that the latter races are much shorter.

Trolls:

Goblins:
Kaeshan

Postby Shadostriker » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Now that ya mention it... :? Never really looked at 'em before, fact being that i'm not the most observant person when it comes to playing WoW... I bet that the trolls came first, tho. Those goblins are too short to have evolved in to one of the tallest races among the playable. :? (I think Night Elves have them tied, and a Tauren standing up straight has them both beaten... 'least I think so. :| ) Please note that I have no chart to reference and therefore can't perfectly recall the height of the races, and such may be wrong about any of these. :D

...I'm probably wrong. :oops:
Shadostriker

Postby Suztang » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:34 am

well i would think that trolls came first because their history dates back so far. though this theory has many holes because their isnt much goblin history to talk about. its as though they just popped up one day. my question is look at troll males....now look at troll females.....where the hell on the evolution scale did that happen? its like their two different speices. another thing ive noticed with trolls. if you remeber what trolls looked like in WC2 they were muscle bound hulks of nature, but in wow they slimmed them down alot. height and accent is about the only thing that stayed the same.
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby lappen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:20 am

goblins were trolls slave (similar to murlocs being nagas slaves)

most of them were mining on the isle were undermine lies to bring ores and metal to the trolls.
but after a while goblins found a special mineral that the trolls wanted to use for voodoo stuff. but the goblins found out that it had an enchantment. when used their intelligence grew big and they made guns and armor in undermine. when they were ready they busted out and cleared the trolls of the isle.

they started breeding there and mined for more of the minerals to gain more intelligence.

but one day they ran out of that mineral, so they went all around the world to find more but they didn't.

they settled in some places and cried for their loss of the mineral.

this was way back, like before the first war or so.

yes, goblins are an ancient race, they actually helped neltharion create the demon soul which happened before the war of the ancients. which should mean that they've been around really long.

they do look like trolls, they can infact be lesser beings of the trolls.
lappen

Postby The Great JT » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:07 am

I don't see any physical similarities between trolls and goblins save the ears and flesh colors, and maybe the attraction to shiny things, depending on the sheer density of the troll.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby lappen » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:34 am

goblin nose and troll nose looks like the same

only real difference they have are the tusks, size, strength, feet and that goblins doesn't believe in shamanism and such.
lappen

Postby Kaeshan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:22 pm

Gnomes and Humans are related (along with Dwarves) and the KNOWN history of Gnome is also short and like the Goblins, seem like they just popped out of nowhere too.

As for the huge difference between male and female Trolls, this was made to attract more female players. Like Tauren female, the original version was much less feminine and attractive:

Kaeshan

Postby Suztang » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:39 am

i agree that it was to atract more players....but to be honest i liked the alpha trolls better it looks more accurate. as for the tauren females....beta looks better.....yea....beta :shock:
3 beers im ready to tank, 6 beers im ready to raid.....8 beers, 2 shots, and a pack of cigs....im rdy to do WSG!
Suztang

Postby lappen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Suztang wrote:i agree that it was to atract more players....but to be honest i liked the alpha trolls better it looks more accurate. as for the tauren females....beta looks better.....yea....beta :shock:

did you play beta?

if you did, you would totally don't think like you think now.

trolls basically ran exactly like the troll female sits there.

yah.

they ran like they were trying to crawl trough a hole.

and they were fat, yah. they were fat. they were even wider than the troll males.

and their animations was HORRIBLE

it was like trying to play doom1 in 3rd person in WoW.

they look cool when they crouch like that. but i promise you, the new ones were way better. same with the taurens, though i think the old humans was better. they just needed a little uplift. the new ones just automatically goes into the steroid using gay guy category. but the alpha one was epic and cool.
lappen

Postby Suztang » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:06 pm

lappen wrote:
Suztang wrote:i agree that it was to atract more players....but to be honest i liked the alpha trolls better it looks more accurate. as for the tauren females....beta looks better.....yea....beta :shock:

did you play beta?

if you did, you would totally don't think like you think now.

trolls basically ran exactly like the troll female sits there.

yah.

they ran like they were trying to crawl trough a hole.

and they were fat, yah. they were fat. they were even wider than the troll males.

and their animations was HORRIBLE

it was like trying to play doom1 in 3rd person in WoW.

they look cool when they crouch like that. but i promise you, the new ones were way better. same with the taurens, though i think the old humans was better. they just needed a little uplift. the new ones just automatically goes into the steroid using gay guy category. but the alpha one was epic and cool.

i want to apologize fo rthe last comment i never played beta i meant current....i was drunk, and i told myself no more drunk posting! now if you excuse me i have beer to drink :D
Suztang

Postby murderbear » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:00 am

I like the current trolls

no. goblins dont look like trolls, trolls have the more FTW look than goblins do.

also goblins cant ride dinosaurs.
murderbear

Postby Clone-D » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Can some one post what the Humans looked like in Alpha and Beta?
Your Dieing.
Clone-D

Postby Kaeshan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:30 pm

murderbear wrote:I like the current trolls

no. goblins dont look like trolls, trolls have the more FTW look than goblins do.

also goblins cant ride dinosaurs.

The similarities and differences between Trolls and Goblins are nearly identical when compared to those between Humans and Gnomes, which we know are related, along with Dwarves.
Kaeshan

Postby Raina » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:26 am

Kaeshan wrote:Gnomes and Humans are related (along with Dwarves) and the KNOWN history of Gnome is also short and like the Goblins, seem like they just popped out of nowhere too.

As for the huge difference between male and female Trolls, this was made to attract more female players. Like Tauren female, the original version was much less feminine and attractive:

Aaaaaaaaaaaah naked cows!!! Mah EYES!!!!
Raina

Postby Lihonessa » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:32 am

The Trolls are primitive, use voodoo and are one of the most savage races on Azeroth.
The Goblins are intelligent, greedy and usually only fight for money.

Basically, other than appearance, the Goblins and Trolls have next to nothing in common, so I think that it's highly unlikely that the two races are related.
Unless it's a crossbreed of a Forest Troll and a Gnome... Ew...

As far as I know, the only race that is related to the Trolls are the Night Elves. But that's a different story.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Next

Return to Lore