History of the Aserosz (There's a game in the topic!)

Discuss Warcraft Lore

Postby CaptainSnake » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:38 am

This thread doesn't even have proper grammar..
CaptainSnake

Postby Norelim » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:19 pm

Harina, just because you got banned from RP forums DONT RP HERE!!!

its a friggin "LORE" forum and NOT RP FORUM
//////////Žive naj vsi narodi
////////ki hrepene dočakat dan
//////////da koder sonce hodi
////////prepir iz sveta bo pregnan
////////////////da rojak
/////////////prost bo vsak
//////ne vrag, le sosed bo mejak

Slovenian anthem
Norelim

Location: Slovenia, Žužemberk (read it correctly and you get a candy)

Postby Elanos » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Elanos wrote:
Norelim wrote:Harina, just because you got banned from RP forums DONT RP HERE!!!

its a friggin "LORE" forum and NOT RP FORUM

Cass wrote:However, if you're into RP, feel free to post a topic with your character's history.

Now shush, attention whores.

It's an interesting idea, "rewriting" lore. At some point I'll make an entry myself, as I both like writing RP stories and lore. :)
I'm here to hurt your feelings.
Elanos

Postby Norelim » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:50 pm

and, in case you didn't play ANY Warcraft games before (or read any novels) [not doing any of above will make you go in 7th layer of hell], Orcs were friggin living on Draenor (Outland for you non-lore-ish creatures), not contacting anything on Azeroth before the war with humans started, so its kinda impossible for them to have evolved in anythging (yes, I read all (s)he wrote. It made the little lore-ish man inside me die a bit). Besides, Night Elves evolved from a common ancestor as trolls did (something like Dark Trolls), Humans, Gnomes and Dwarves evolved from Earthen (Earthen evolved into Troggs, Mountain Giants and Dwarves, Gnomes, believe it or not, evolved form mountain giants (both have 4 fingers and similar constitution) and humans go directly from Troggs (again, as with Gnomes, similar constitution)). Tauren are an ancient sentient race, friggin Draenei come from totally different planet, and High Elves ARE NIGHT ELVEN (Kaldorei to be exact. High Elves (Quel'Dorei - Highborne) were those elves who abuzsed magic and were therefore banished. Their banishment happened after The Sundering when they kept on using magic, although it was forbidden) DESCENDANTS!!!
//////////Žive naj vsi narodi
////////ki hrepene dočakat dan
//////////da koder sonce hodi
////////prepir iz sveta bo pregnan
////////////////da rojak
/////////////prost bo vsak
//////ne vrag, le sosed bo mejak

Slovenian anthem
Norelim

Location: Slovenia, Žužemberk (read it correctly and you get a candy)

Postby felldain » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:09 am

Norelim wrote:Gnomes, believe it or not, evolved form mountain giants (both have 4 fingers and similar constitution)

Hahaha, tbh it does explain how they can flatten Tauren who are 8 times their size...

The notion that the Eastern races evolved from dirt(earthen) makes me laugh almost as much too.
Oh and by the way i was being sarcastic!
felldain

Postby frodofrodo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:41 pm

felldain wrote:
Norelim wrote:Gnomes, believe it or not, evolved form mountain giants (both have 4 fingers and similar constitution)

Hahaha, tbh it does explain how they can flatten Tauren who are 8 times their size...

The notion that the Eastern races evolved from dirt(earthen) makes me laugh almost as much too. !I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!

Fixed.
Never screw with a blind monk. They appear to be better at combat than the monks that CAN see.
frodofrodo

Postby Lpunit » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:03 am

Pretty sure Trolls and Night Elves arn't from the same evolution.

I could be wrong because I've never taken the time to read the lore on Trolls, but Night Elves were described back then, just as they are today. They have not changed.

( Also, no Night Elf lore states that they evolved from anything )
Lpunit

Postby Kaeshan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:09 am

Lpunit wrote:Pretty sure Trolls and Night Elves arn't from the same evolution.

I could be wrong because I've never taken the time to read the lore on Trolls, but Night Elves were described back then, just as they are today. They have not changed.

( Also, no Night Elf lore states that they evolved from anything )

While there are no "hard evidence", it is theorized and likely, that Night Elves evolved from Trolls.

If you think about it, out of all the native-Azeroth races, there seem to be two major families, the human-like races (Humans, Dwarves, and Gnomes) and the Troll-like races (Trolls, Elves, and Goblins). The former family tend to have rounder features while the latter have sharper features.

Trolls are said to have one of the oldest races. While there is no single clear statement that declares Night Elves are older than Trolls as a race, many aspects of the lore seem to indicate that. Below is probably the best "evidence" that supports the fact that Trolls are older than Night Elves:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/sto ... story.html

About 16,000 years ago, trolls lorded over much of ancient Kalimdor, which was the only continent on Azeroth at the time.

http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Waking_World ... f_Eternity

Ten thousand years before the orcs and humans clashed in their First War... In time, a primitive tribe of nocturnal humanoids cautiously made their way to the edges of the mesmerizing enchanted lake.

From that we can gather Trolls have been around for at least 16,000 years while Night Elves have only been around for 10,000 years.
Kaeshan

Postby Bunnytots » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:27 am

actually they have been along for longer.
in the war of the ancients, there were already some elders among them, and it was 10,000 years ago. and elves live for awhile without aging, im guessing they have been around for 15k years.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Kaeshan » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:03 am

Bunnytots wrote:actually they have been along for longer.
in the war of the ancients, there were already some elders among them, and it was 10,000 years ago. and elves live for awhile without aging, im guessing they have been around for 15k years.

Even 15K years is still shorter than 16K years :) But then it's known that Night Elves first encountered the Well of Eternity and "evolved" around 10K years ago.

"Elder" could be a relative term. Also let's say they are off by a thousand years or so, a Night Elf who was more than a thousand years old back then could be seen an ANCIENT when not too long ago, prior to the Well of Eternity, they were mere Trolls who were used to having a life expectancy of roughly 100 years at most.
Kaeshan

Previous

Return to Lore