Who is your favourite Lore character?

Discuss Warcraft Lore

Who is your favourite Lore character?

Postby Aceed » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:13 am

Title says it all. Tell me who your favourite character is and motivate.

My personal favourite at the moment is... Anub'Arak.
Why? Because he's a really sad story who is often just cast aside.
While he's extremely loyal and helpful to Arthas during The Frozen Throne, there's much to prove that he's just another sad slave under the Lich King.

In "Path to Damnation", he meets with Kel'Thuzad, the soon to be damned mage and councilmember of The Six in the Kirin tor. The following dialogue occurs:
Anub'arak: The nerubian race, yes. Then the master came. As his influence spread, we made war upon him, foolishly believing we stood a chance. Many of us were slain and raised into undeath. In life I was a king. Today I am a crypt lord.

Kel'Thuzad: In return for immortality, you agreed to serve him. Remarkable.

Anub'arak: 'Agreed' implies choice.

This, strengthened by his dying words in Azjol-Nerub: "Ahhh... RAAAAAGH! Never thought... I would be free of him...", to me, says he's just another slave under Arthas and Ner'Zhul. The sad part is how few realize this. People who are partially interested in the lore tend to think of him as "just another evil right hand of the Lich King", and even his own people hate him for the betrayal they think he was capable of resisiting. He is, after all, dubbed "The Traitor King".
To me, it feels like being killed in Azjol-Nerub was a great blessing upon Anub'Araks storyline. It's the only peace he has found at soul since the Spider War.

Your turn :3
Aceed

Postby Kaeshan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:22 am

^^^ Yes, yet another reason why I love WoW. It's not all just black and white, good and evil. This is very apparent in how while Alliance is supposed to be "good" and Horde "evil", in many cases we can see their actions proving otherwise.

---

It's really hard to choose just one favorite character from the whole world of Warcraft, but if I must I got to say my favorite is Baron Revilgaz. He runs Booty Bay, 'nuff said ;)

Seriously though, my favorite would between Thrall and Cairne Bloodhoof.

On one hand, Thrall is probably the most legendary and admirable Orc who's ever lived, having led his people from the ashes of the wars and corruption to the Horde that is today which includes other similarly noble races such as the Tauren.

Cairne is an honorable man and without the Tauren, I doubt the Horde would be as strong as it is today as the initial landing on Kalimdor by the Orcs would've been much much tougher.
Kaeshan

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:29 am

varien wrynn he is so cool and awesome and tolerant!!!

-seriously? I'd have to say it's Cenarius. he tried to save the forests and hellscream was a prick and killed him. So now he flots around the emerald dream and he'll come back one day hopefully[size=0]and buff meh.[/size]

(im a druid so thats why i luvs him :P )

and for my favourite horde i like thrall, he's a pretty good guy...for an orc.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Clone-D » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:25 am

In warcraft III, my favorite was arthas. I was kinda sad when i learned i had to kill him...

In wow however, my favorites are

Thrall- Good-He lead a dyeing horde to greatness.
Problems-Wow doesn't do him justice. they don't show his
Awsomeness in combat very well, most of the fights you see him in
he either trys to kill him self ( hillsbrad ), dosnt play his class well
( hyjal ) Loses to another orc ( the duel between him and whats his
name during wrathgate ) or once again fails at his class ( raiding
him)
hes a shaman, why does he just melle when he can heal himself,
summon giant elementals, and one shot the entire raid with
lightning

Medivh- Hes one of the most powerful mages to ever walk the face of
He brought the horde to azeroth. Hes the one that convinced the
Horde, the alliance, and the night elves to work together to
annihilate Archemond

My warlock- He solod sargeras. true story.
Your Dieing.
Clone-D

Postby Kaeshan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:58 am

I would say Thrall did pretty darn well in the Battle for Undercity ;)
Kaeshan

Postby Bunnytots » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 am

thrall tanked and spanked it up in battle for UC. i only died during second boss because of my little misclick. (i sundered instead of heroic striked. both are next 2 eachother on my top actionbar)
got one-shotted :cry:
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Aceed » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:23 am

Kaeshan wrote:^^^ Yes, yet another reason why I love WoW. It's not all just black and white, good and evil. This is very apparent in how while Alliance is supposed to be "good" and Horde "evil", in many cases we can see their actions proving otherwise.

Varian Wrynn is a dick. He's the leader of all alliance forces on Azeroth and Draenor, doesn't he feel some kind of... responsibility? No, of course not. "OMGGG SUM DEEMON OBSESD PEEPL OF UR RAEC KILD MAH BEST FREND ADN TEHN A TREYTOR WHU WAS OENC HOARD EVN THO HI WAZ ALLIENCE BEFOAR TATH KILD MAH ONLEE OTHR FREND SO NAO I WAEG A SANDBOKZ FIGHT!!!... I MEEN A WAR!!!"

("Omg some demon-obsessed people of your race killed my best friend and then a traitor who was once horde even though he was alliance yet earlier killed my only other friend so now I wage a sandbox fight... I mean a war!", for those who are completely unable to read noobspeak)

On a side note, another proof of the cookie cutter alliance goodness is how one can capture a baby child, give him a name that directly means slave, raise him in solitude from his people with the intent of using his birthright to enslave a whole species, and then on intent drink so much he's able to order for someone else to slaughter his wife for him because she helped the slave escape and then throw her head over to the former slave with a catapult. Guess who!
Aceed

Postby Bunnytots » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:54 am

Blackmoore.
Bunnytots

Postby Kaeshan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:20 pm

Aceed wrote:
Kaeshan wrote:^^^ Yes, yet another reason why I love WoW. It's not all just black and white, good and evil. This is very apparent in how while Alliance is supposed to be "good" and Horde "evil", in many cases we can see their actions proving otherwise.

Varian Wrynn is a dick. He's the leader of all alliance forces on Azeroth and Draenor, doesn't he feel some kind of... responsibility? No, of course not. "OMGGG SUM DEEMON OBSESD PEEPL OF UR RAEC KILD MAH BEST FREND ADN TEHN A TREYTOR WHU WAS OENC HOARD EVN THO HI WAZ ALLIENCE BEFOAR TATH KILD MAH ONLEE OTHR FREND SO NAO I WAEG A SANDBOKZ FIGHT!!!... I MEEN A WAR!!!"

("Omg some demon-obsessed people of your race killed my best friend and then a traitor who was once horde even though he was alliance yet earlier killed my only other friend so now I wage a sandbox fight... I mean a war!", for those who are completely unable to read noobspeak)

On a side note, another proof of the cookie cutter alliance goodness is how one can capture a baby child, give him a name that directly means slave, raise him in solitude from his people with the intent of using his birthright to enslave a whole species, and then on intent drink so much he's able to order for someone else to slaughter his wife for him because she helped the slave escape and then throw her head over to the former slave with a catapult. Guess who!

Amen!
Kaeshan

Postby cookiemanyay » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:28 pm

ALLIANCE PREPARE TO MEET OUR EQUIVALENT OF SAURFANG(MAYBE EVEN BETTER)

KING VARIAN WRYNN
<king of stormwind bitches>

HE HAS TWO SWORDS OMG TWO!!!!!!1
HE HAS A NYMH HAIRCUT!!!
WAY MORE BADASS THAN THAT OLD PRICK.
HES BACK ALL HHAIL TO THE NEW KING!!!!

(REMEMBER KIDS TYPING IN CAPS MAKES YOU LOOK SMART AND PRACTICAL)
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:41 am

the king of stormwind was a noob.
we downed him so quickly it was really amusing.
hell the gnome dood was harder for us because we had a bunch of tards attack him instead of going straight for king like the plan.
Bunnytots

Postby Alandse » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:02 am

Let's see...I have a few actually, but I'll just pick one, a new character in lore.

Drakuru - The Troll who was working for the Lich King all along while you helped him in Grizzly Hills. He has to be one smart and tricky bastard to make you work for him/Lich King. Then he puts a collar on an Undead Troll in Zul'Drak, waiting for you to lose your will and put it on, thus making you into one of his undead minions. Thirdly, the item he drops when you kill him

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43059#comments

'Anywhere, but here...' tells me that he realizes the mistake he made and how late it is.
Alandse

Postby Durlug » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:45 pm

Ive always been a big fan of Arthas, just his whole story of becoming the Lich King as we know today.

And theres also Tirion, who is kicking some serious ass right now :P I really want to see an epic battle between him and Arthas sometime in Wrath ^.^ Beside the lame quests where Arthas just bitches out everytime.
Durlug

Postby deerdeer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 am

My fave char is...the "Foul Orc" or "Thrall's big brother"...guess who is he?

That is the all mighty Hellscream Grommash.
Why? He is strong, although defiled by the "bloodlust" he drank Manneroth's blood once more, afterward broke free of the demon's will and slayed 3rd-in-command of the Burning Legion. Grom slayed many great characters, like Cenarius. Mostly because he was bloodlusted. I wish he was still alive. Anyway, now his son, Hellscream Garrosh is one of the main strikers on the Lich King, and i believe that he will join us in laying the final blow upon The Dark Master.
deerdeer

Postby typhy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:14 pm

My favorite has to be... Donald xD

But really, my favorite is Lady Katranna Prestor(sp) and her place in Pre-BC. One of the official leaders of the alliance while Varian was away, yet she was one of Onyxia's broodlings :D I loved it when Onyxian whelps attacked them. I was actually caught up in that room when they came xD
typhy

Next

Return to Lore