Funniest wipe?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Funniest wipe?

Postby Bunnytots » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:46 am

Well i cannot see a thread on this topic and ive had a lot of memorable wipes that include:

Heroic Vaults: Boss enraged and wiped out all of the dps in 1 attack.
Heroic UP: Healer stood to close to the dragon boss guy and started the event, resulting in the slaughter of the other fury warrior and himself and then the rest of us as we tried to run.
Heroic Nexus: Tank gets one shotted by the dragonkin that used spells. Healer died. We all died.

thats it for now, most of my wipes have been stupid mistakes but theres bound to be more as i progress in wotlk.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:26 pm

WE got the boss to 1%, everyone except me died (w00t healing ftw XD) he was dotted up, i ran...he caught me. he had like 2300 left.
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby The Great JT » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Naxxramas: One of our people moved BEFORE the Polarity Shift, got the opposite polarity and wiped us.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Lanthroviel » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:19 pm

kozom1234 wrote:WE got the boss to 1%, everyone except me died (w00t healing ftw XD) he was dotted up, i ran...he caught me. he had like 2300 left.

Same here

Shadow lab, the ogre who MC...Damn I hate this boss...
We were able to keep the fight by continuously before he kill all of us...
After my second death, I was coming back, and he had 1%...
And I didn't killed him.... (He twoshoted me, while I was thinking if I should have heal or burstdps...)

We disband the group after that =)

(was my first try on him btw...)
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Thatguy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Naxxramas:

On our guild's 2nd attemp ever to Kelthuzad, we get him to 1%, and wipe. But since it was 5 AM, we decided to just stop, and then it reset.

Ironforge:

The king guy reset at least 4 times, until he finally simply knockbacked the main tank into Old Ironforge.

Karazhan:

While clearing trash before Attumen, I accidentally pet-pull Midnight. First and only wipe on Attumen of my old guild :wink:

During Terestrian Hillhoof, we got him to about 30%, so the ret pally (which topped the charts pre-2.4, well, pre-2.3 too and probably pre-2.2) says in vent "Nice job guys, we got this :) " Right as he says that, the Main healer gets chained, die, and we wipe.
Thatguy

Postby Cass » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:15 pm

I'm not so sure about funniest but it is certainly my most memorable wipe... And it was all my fault, too.

Back when my druid was my main and I was in DL.. We were in a Zephyrr-run Molten Core. It was my very first Geddon fight. In TS, Zeph says, "Cass, you're the bomb."

Because I was afk during his explanation of the fight, my response to the previous statement was, "Thanks, Zeph! I think you're pretty cool, too!"

To which I heard, "No, dumbass, MOVE.. YOU ARE THE BOMB!!"

At which point I murdered every healer in the raid group.

After we had MC on farm status, a few of us would purposely run toward one another when we had the debuff. *cough Orcbasher*

Good times.

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby kozom1234 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:31 pm

thats awesome cass!!

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/29.html

....anyone?

kozom1234

Postby Bunnytots » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:33 am

Last night a few rl friends and i decided to do heroic Culling. we had a tank that i found in lfg so i invited him. he said that he knew how to tank so i didnt question it and he had better gear than i currently do so i was like cool i dont have to respec and get around 130 more def rating. It was fine until Meathook. I had an addon so it wasnt really needed for me to see marks, so i didnt hound him on that (he is one of those ppl who dont understand the importance of marking mobs so dps doesnt spank the wrong mob) and with no ready check he charged in. healer was at half mana, i had roughly 1000 health left because recklessness+deathwish = aggro is mine (i had to go back to fury QQ) and we died. the actual wipe itself pissed alot of us off, but the stuff said in our own private channel made me laugh, we disbanded and i went back to questing.

in AV i wiped many alliance players who were attacking drek. i stoond inside him and a bunch were just outside aggro radius and a gnome warlock put a curse on me which aggroed the boss and ALL of the warmasters so he and like 10 other players got raped.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Tankorr » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:48 am

I tend to be fairly accident prone, but the only two times I have wiped the entire raid was due to:

1) Cleaving the raid upon gaining aggro from Gurtogg Bloodboil.
2) Driving a Crashin' Thrashin' Racer into Patchwerk.
Tankorr

Postby Belse » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:42 am

Tankorr wrote:2) Driving a Crashin' Thrashin' Racer into Patchwerk.

:shock:
In the end all must serve the one... true... KING!
Belse

Location: Somewhere at the border between Sweden and Norway in your car, watching your TV

Postby Kater » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:44 pm

GM lectures us about pulling aggro on Maly... He's a ret paladin.

We pull maly, GM judges Maly before the tank even gets the misdirect. We wipe calling him a baddy.

But most memorable is on Muru when we had Entrop to 6% (Pre-Nerf)... Our GM after lecturing us not to touch dark fiend... He triggers one at 6% > <

My GM also managed to BoP the tank on Brut once...

I'm starting to see a trend for our "funny" wipes lol
Kater

Postby Magis » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:28 am

Yesterday, my Guild had a 0% Wipe by Malygos.

Malygos had only 298HP!!! (not 298K HP, i mean 298 HP!!!!!!!!!)
Magis

Postby penguingod » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:49 am

The priest made a gnoll jump off the ledge with mind control at the beginning of Gnomeregan, thinking he was killed, we moved on, While in the middle of a battle with 4 other Gnolls, the one we MCed off the edge came back with like 20 of his friends.
penguingod

Postby Belse » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:22 pm

Seems like I´m pretty unlucky, none of my wipes have been fun :( But I have had alot of ordinary wipes.
In the end all must serve the one... true... KING!
Belse

Location: Somewhere at the border between Sweden and Norway in your car, watching your TV

Postby kozom1234 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:11 pm

oh, another funny one was when my whole group decided to jump off the balcony in nexus (to test for invisi-walls) after pulling a leet :roll: .

kozom1234

Next

Return to WoW