how powerful are Naaru

Discuss Warcraft Lore

Postby Mysteria » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:19 pm

Thatguy wrote:
Lihonessa wrote:
judgement14 wrote:im pretty sure that the lich king is gonna have a lot more health than is shown atm

On 25-man mode, 13 million health isn't really much indeed, so I think he's going to have much more.

But on 10-man mode? 13 million health is a shitload of health for that, considering Malygos only has 7 million on 10 man.

Comparing Malygos* to Arthas is comparing Magtheridon with Kil'Jaeden.
Don't forget we'll all have Ulduar gear then, and 13 million won't be that much.

*in theory, Malygos would be more powerful than Arthas, but in-game, not at all.

totally agree,blizzard are destroying their own lore...one lil possesed human with a badass shining sword to beat one of the aspects..
so far,so good,so what?
Mysteria

Postby Lihonessa » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Thatguy wrote:Comparing Malygos* to Arthas is comparing Magtheridon with Kil'Jaeden.
Don't forget we'll all have Ulduar gear then, and 13 million won't be that much.

Ya think? I think that even with the gear upgrades that are coming up, 5 million more health than Malygos on Normal mode will still be very much... Unless each piece of gear will give like 50 more stats to everything all of a sudden.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lihonessa

Postby Mysteria » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Lihonessa wrote:
Thatguy wrote:Comparing Malygos* to Arthas is comparing Magtheridon with Kil'Jaeden.

Ya think? I think that even with the gear upgrades that are coming up, 5 million more health than Malygos on Normal mode will still be very much... Unless each piece of gear will give like 50 more stats to everything all of a sudden.

one word : Ensidia
so far,so good,so what?
Mysteria

Postby omskarclam » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:57 pm

a naaru are vessels of pure light, they're very powerful
omskarclam

Postby Durids » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Strong enough to steal horde classes apparently.

But then again, it's not like all those female shammies just "asked" the horde to have their class.
Durids
Banned

Postby Mysteria » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:46 am

Durids wrote:Strong enough to steal horde classes apparently.

But then again, it's not like all those female shammies just "asked" the horde to have their class.

what? :shock:
so far,so good,so what?
Mysteria

Postby Bunnytots » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:39 am

Actually since the Naaru have been around much longer than the Horde/Alliance have been they were the first shamans/paladins/etc and the races of Azeroth had "stolen" their classes.

And the Naaru are so powerful that they managed to create a religion such as the Light. Well not create exactly, but be the power that the followers believe in.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby omskarclam » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:28 am

i swear if you necro again i'm going to kill someone

and bunnytots, the Naaru ARE the light. They're figments and pieces of the whole light.
omskarclam

Postby Mysteria » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:53 am

omskarclam wrote:

and bunnytots, the Naaru ARE the light. They're figments and pieces of the whole light.

thats why they look like broken windows :D
so far,so good,so what?
Mysteria

Postby laonar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Mysteria wrote:

what? :shock:

Yeah thats what I am thinking.

@Mysteria

Time for a lore lesson. Farseer Nobundo was the first Shamans in the Draenei race. He fell in Shattrah after being surrounded by a red mist when the orcs attacked. He was crushed and crawled his way to Zangarmarsh after he realized he could not use the ligh anymore. He was than turned into one of the Broken and cast out by the Draenei.

Day after day he went and prayed for the light to return and after awhile the wind answered his prayers. The wind taught him about nature and the four elementals. With his new powers even after being cast out he took it to the elder Draenei and only one would listen, Velen the leader of the Draenei when they escaped Magisters Terrace from the Blood Elves and crashed on Azuremyst Isles.

He taught other Draenei who would listen how to be a Shaman. He also become a advisor to Velen.

I think it is pretty nifty lore how Draenei became Shamans.
laonar

Postby laonar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Also the Naaru are not just light. They are holy light that have protected the Draenei for a long time. A'dal is probally very powerful and could do a lot of damage to hurt the Lich King but has more pressing issues with the Burning Legion being in Outland. When the time comes I am sure they will help when they are needed.
laonar

Postby Durids » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:49 am

omskarclam wrote:

We don't necro, WE BATTLE REZ
Durids
Banned

Postby omskarclam » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:53 am

Durids wrote:We don't necro, WE BATTLE REZ

i lol'd
omskarclam

Postby Judai » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:57 pm

omskarclam wrote:
Durids wrote:We don't necro, WE BATTLE REZ

i lol'd

Now, now, don't encourage the troll
Judai

Postby Dragonas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:37 am

k, I admit I pee'd myself and giggled a lil bit. Anyhow, with the Naruu, I agree taht A'dal will help when the time comes. But on some certain point perhaps they are a tad lazy.... there is a bunch they could have done, to help save Azeroth, but they kind of chilled back. I know that with the burning legion they have their tough times... but then we moved on... perhaps they should have too. I do wonder though.... Elune and the Naruu... what connnection do they have? There has to be one, with them being of the light... we've seen the Naruu, we've never seen Elune... so maybe there is a major connection. As far as the next expansion (not to necro too much) I don't see a Sargeras xpac coming out any time in the relevant near future. There is toooooo much left that Blizzard can touch on. The Maelstrom... perhaps a reopening of Hyjal?... something with another Dragon Aspect freaking out? They have the whole time thing to still play with... I mean a whole world of possibilities... so i don't see them pulling the very last card that will be left to pull when they still have a whole deck to play. I'd personally love to see something come out of the maelstrom and Azshara... even before we play with the lich king more, but I'm sure they'll play that one more before we move on. So I pose a question in this huge para... Arthas > Azshara? ideas? oh and yea, I believe that the Naruu are more than they let on to be as of yet. We're far from done seeing them come into play. I think that something is definitely being held back by them.
Dragonas

PreviousNext

Return to Lore