Comic Idea

Ideas, suggestions, or issues with the DLC website or forums

Comic Idea

Postby Felblood » Fri May 29, 2009 5:11 am

My posting access was pending, so i sent an email to keydar.

This is basically same idea, but im opening it to the public:

Setting: There are no "speech" words in this comic, however sometimes there are "commentary" words at the bottom and "picture"-speech (speech bubbles with pictures instead of words)

Frame1:
NPC with ! over his head, speech bubble: "Evil wizard, princess, castle".
Miji stands nearby, looking heroic, with a face that looks like hes accepting the quest

Commentary at the bottom: Level 80: 15 days /played

Frame2: Miji is flying in the skies on his fly mount
Commentary at the bottom: Epic Flying Skill: 5000 gold

Frame3: Miji is in the castle, with his big shining sword and big shining shield, against an evil wizard with a magic wand.
Commentary at the bottom: Epic Sword and Shield: 2000 gold at AH

Frame4: Miji is flying back on his dragon, you can clearly see the look of triumph on his face, and *maybe* the bloodied head of the wizard in his backpack.
Commentary: Defeating the Evil Wizard : 3 wipes and 5 potions

Frame5: Miji is back at the npc, proudly presenting the npc with the bloodied head of the wizard. He is looking very proud, npc looks quite happy as well

Frame5: Npc has a white question mark on top of his head. His speech bubble has a "princess" image, followed by a question mark. He looks expecting.
Miji looks astonished, with wide-open eyes.

Last frame: Princess (gigz?) is somewhere in the wet basement, with a big metal ball attached by a chain to her legs. She is looking very very VERY angry.
Commentary: Forgetting to free the princess - Priceless
Felblood

Postby Bunnytots » Fri May 29, 2009 5:46 am

FYI Keydar doesn't do most of the suggestions, if he does them at all.
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby cookiemanyay » Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 pm

That happens to me, mostly because I do quest involving more than one objective all the time and never notice it.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Felblood » Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

I remember there was a quest that had me go to another continent, kill a mob, use an item, and then return back. So i went to other continent, killed mob, and returned... Effectively wasting an hour's worth trip back to actually use item -_-

I think this is just what Miji mightt have done, and of all the wow comics, DL is the best choice for this one imo.

I know chances are low that Keydar will read / use this, but what do i have to lose by trying? :P
Felblood

Postby Arcazua » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Here's a suggestion, and Keydar will probably do it just cause it's about engineering...based on a guild conversation between me, Kaitrin, and a couple others the other night about getting rid of gnomes by punting them into space. The conversation was something to the effect of:

somebody: blah blah something yay gnomes
Me: blah blah something about gnomes in space (refering to early comics)
Kaitrin: Space is the closest to me that I would want gnomes to be.
Me: Sorry, I don't have the strength to punt them quite THAT far.
Kaitrin: Fail less.
Me: Why don't you work on it, mage? Clearly it would take some powerful magic to get them out there...or maybe engineering.
<conversation spins off to the implications of trying to engineer a gnome-punting device>

Panel 1: Miji walks up to Narya, holding up a schematic. "Can you believe the arrogance? The tall folks are trying to engineer a device to punt gnomes into space." Narya responds with something about reminiscing over the space episodes.
Panel 2: Miji has a crazy look in his eyes: "I think we should teach them a lesson by making a device that will punt THEM into space."
Panel 3: Narya gets riled up as well. "Yes! We will teach these gnome haters once and for all. Viva la Black Morass!"
Panel 4: *gnomes slaving over a machine, Keydar and Krom walk up*
Panel 5: Keydar asks, "What are you folks doing?" Miji and Narya try to play coy.
Panel 6: Keydar asks, "Cause that sure looks like the gnomish punting device I was working on." The two gnomes get wild looks in their eyes again.
Panel 7: Pick-a-gnome says: "Gnomish Punting Device? GNOMISH PUNTING DEVICE! Yes, we will show you what a gnomish punting device does, and you shall be the first victim!!" Button gets pushed on the device.
Panel 8: View of space, and two gnomes heading toward the camera face-first. One of them is asking whyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Panel 9: Krom looks at Keydar and says, "You really do have this gnomish engineering thing down."

Predictable, I suppose, but it seems like something up Keydar's alley.
Arcazua
DL Guild Member

Postby Judai » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:40 pm

I think we should have a fun run D:

Idk... just a suggestion...
Judai

Postby kozom1234 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:33 am

fun run?
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby judgement14 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:56 am

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
judgement14

Postby kozom1234 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:35 am

better idea, everyone should roll DKs on a random server together and raid something :D
If i use my mouse to turn how do I click Lifebloom?

kozom1234

Postby Judai » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:48 am

I just realized I posted in the wrong thread....

kozom1234 wrote:better idea, everyone should roll DKs on a random server together and raid something :D

I'M SO THERE :D
Judai

Return to Site Suggestions