About me (and, more importantly, my DeviantArt page).

Post your own art for critique and/or discussion.

What Wyrm color do you like best?

Forest Green (top left)
No votes
Rockskin (top right)
8%
Twilight (middle left)
15%
Inferno (middle right)
31%
Black and White (lower left, obviously)
15%
Icescale (lower right)
31%

Total votes : 13

About me (and, more importantly, my DeviantArt page).

Postby Zhekath » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:08 am

Greetings,

Let me start off by saying that I've been visiting this website on a regular basis for some good laughs, even long after I've grown bored with WoW. However, I was surprised to also notice that this is an excellent place to get in touch with other artists, or would-be artists, and show off some of your own stuff in the progress.

Now on with the real deal, though.

My name is Joey Kroon and was born in - and am currently living in- the Netherlands. At the date of this writing, I am 18 years old.

I've been drawing stuff as long as I can remember, and I continue to refine my skills even today, and will do so for many years to come - most likely my entire life. Basicly from the very beginning of my interest in drawing, I distinquished myself in a certain expertise. I have a pretty expansive imagination, and an interest for reptilian creatures (I happen to have two gecko's as pets) and things that happen to be atleast mildly nasty in one way or another. Don't ask me to draw a cuddly teddybear. I am also a dedicated gamer. My initial goal is to participate in video game development.

I didn't have a DeviantArt account untill recently, so there isn't much to be seen just yet. This will surely change in the future, of course.
However, as I am pretty much working hard at my new school, activity may be a tad low. Luckily, my homework consists mainly of working with 3D modeling software and Adobe programs.

Please note, though, that all art currently on my DeviantArt page was made by self-taught techniques, before I went to my new school. I hope to see my work improve in quality as I progress through the years.
Yes, I know, I should end the wall of text about now. Hurry up with the art already! :x

This is my latest work, the ''Wyrm". It was created in Photoshop CS4 with a Wacom Intuos 3 pen tablet (A4). I had an original sketch for this creature, which can be found at my DeviantArt page. I decided to make multiple color variations just to see how it looks.

Although my first interest was drawing, I expanded my interests to 3D modeling, digital painting, photo editing, video manipulation and even some sound editing.

:!: I'd almost forget the actual DeviantArt URL, how silly of me! :oops:
http://zhekath.deviantart.com/

I am open for constructive critism, naturally. :wink:
"No matter what kind of lousy signature you come up with, it always looks intelligent and sophisticated when it is presented as a quote."
Zhekath

Postby cookiemanyay » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:48 am

If you could shrink the bottom right Wyrm into Signature form I will always respect you.
An Hero
cookiemanyay

Postby Gabtraf » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:46 am

I'm assuming your goin to us 3D studio Max?
Cause that is what I was using for my Multimedia animation class..
Darkness Incarnate..
Gabtraf

Postby Raptorbane » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Mmm. Maya.
Raptorbane

Postby Zhekath » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:19 am

Maya for characters. 3DS Max for structures and mechanical things such as vehicles or robots. Zbrush (or Mudbox) for detail adding/refinement. But I am not that much into 3D modeling and animation just yet, basicly because it takes a generous amount of time. And currently, time is sort of a luxury to me. :|
"No matter what kind of lousy signature you come up with, it always looks intelligent and sophisticated when it is presented as a quote."
Zhekath

Postby supabillyla29 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:57 am

nice pictures

supabillyla29

Return to Art