Post any questions you have about DLC

Postby Bunnytots » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Krom:

What is your favorite type of game?
I'm here to shit post and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gu,/
Bunnytots

Postby Krom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:34 am

Lanthroviel wrote:Dear Krom

I'm buying it tomorrow (european delay! :o )

Is it good?Also, are you playing in a console?
And if so, more importantly can you handle the game with a joystick?(this worry me quite a bit actually)

It is fucking fantastic.

Edit: PC, so no idea about a joystick. I would recommend the PC version, though, because it was meant to be played on a PC. Unless your computer is dogshit, of course.
Krom

Postby Krom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:43 am

Bunnytots wrote:Krom:

What is your favorite type of game?

4x strategy. Specifically space 4x games. In general though, I'll play a lot of different things.

I really like strategy games, and will play a large number of war strategy. I will play RTS', but I don't play too many of them.

I really like RPG's and games in the same style as Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate 2/Dragon's Age I fucking love. Mass Effect/NWN I also like, but I prefer the BG/DAO style a bit more (DAO is really a hybrid between the two, but it has enough elements of BG1/2 that I like it a hell of a lot more than NWN).

I also like shooters. I play a lot of L4D (and will play a lot of L4D2). A fair bit of TF2, HL in every incarnation, etc.

I also like puzzle type adventure games (I've played a number of the Tomb Raiders, all of the Prince of Persias, Uncharted 1/2, etc).

Plus, I every now and then I fancy a good bit of sports (mostly just Hockey). I used to play manager type games too!
Krom

Postby Lanthroviel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Krom wrote: Unless your computer is dogshit, of course.

Ya betcha!

Too bad, but my laptop is barely able to run recent game (I can't play TF2 with a decent fps on it) so I'll go with the PS3, that is, when it's released here in two weeks (stupid SCEE :( ).Sure, there will be less baldur gates style feeling, but I guess it will still be spectacular, kinda like Mass effect, with swords and dragons.

Anyway, you spoke about strategy games/rts, besides Civilization, which one have you played?

Starcraft/warcraft?Some of the command and conquer?Age of empire/mythology?Heroes of might and magic? Supreme commander/Total annihilation?the Earth serie? Homeworld?Imperium Galactica 2?Master of orion 2?Some even stranger game I haven't heard of?
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Gombol » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Krom,

Are you the only DLC char that cares about the forums anymore? Or did your mean attitude scare them all off? :(
Gombol

Postby Noodles » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Dear Krom,

SUMMON KEYDAR TO SLAY ONYXIA!
I don't need a signature to prove anything
Noodles

Postby vergil77 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:54 am

Dear Krom,

Let's say you want to donate a large amount of money to some sort of charity organization. Would you rather give it to an organization that helps people in Africa directly (e.g. gives them food, medicines, water, etc.), or to an organization that conducts research to find a way to end the problem of famine?
vergil77

Postby jettom » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:01 am

Dear Krom

Banana's or Kiwi's

How come i have a mancrush on you?

How come i can't purchase a sweather with YOU on it?

Would you do my female night elf warrior knowing she was once a tauren male?
jettom

Location: Send.. help.. captured.. Krom.. mean.. violation..help..please..

Postby Lilla » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:49 am

Dear Krom,

What do you hate/love more, pain from stomach-ache, or pain from a wound?

Do you go on weird websites? If yes, which?

-----------someone
Duuuuuuuun duuuuuuun, du-du-duuuuuun d-d-duuu..
Lilla

Postby jettom » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Dear Krom, how is it to know that your the most favorite of the DlC "crew".. least on the Q&A?
jettom

Location: Send.. help.. captured.. Krom.. mean.. violation..help..please..

Postby Krom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:27 am

Lanthroviel wrote:Anyway, you spoke about strategy games/rts, besides Civilization, which one have you played?

Starcraft/warcraft?Some of the command and conquer?Age of empire/mythology?Heroes of might and magic? Supreme commander/Total annihilation?the Earth serie? Homeworld?Imperium Galactica 2?Master of orion 2?Some even stranger game I haven't heard of?

I've played every incarnation of civilization and the one game that I LOVED for eons and was severely underrated was Colonization. The new one just doesn't do the old on justice :(.

Starcraft = yes
Warcraft 1/2/3 = yes
Age of Empire/Mythology = yes (used to play 2v4 in LAN parties with a friend and destroy people, was awesome)
Heroes of Might & Magic = yes (although, I am not religious about this and have only played a couple)
Supreme Commander/Total Annihilation = yes
Earth series = no (what is this?)
Homeworld 1/2 = FUCK YES (I tend to play this once a year, usually, I love those games)
Imperium Galactica 2 = no
Master of Orion 1/2/.. 3 :( = yes

I tend to play the following games every now and then too
Galactic Civilizations 2
Sword of the Stars
And any other 4x space game that I see getting released. Someday I will find one which does what I want in a 4x space game!
Krom

Postby Krom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:30 am

Gombol wrote:Krom,

Are you the only DLC char that cares about the forums anymore? Or did your mean attitude scare them all off? :(

I think most of the crew have just moved on with their lives. Not many people at all still play WoW, and probably somewhat fear the addiction.

I have also quit WoW, but I find these forums interesting. Plus I know Key makes some money from donations and having an active forum is part of helping support him. It doesn't take much of my time to troll through once a day and make some posts, so why not?
Krom

Postby Krom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 am

vergil77 wrote:Dear Krom,

Let's say you want to donate a large amount of money to some sort of charity organization. Would you rather give it to an organization that helps people in Africa directly (e.g. gives them food, medicines, water, etc.), or to an organization that conducts research to find a way to end the problem of famine?

I would probably go for the research. But that's really just a reflection on my background more than anything. I attended a research-focused university and saw first hand a lot of the breakthroughs that can happen from quality research. If I were to donate money (not bloody likely), then I probably would donate it for that. I also would rather put that money into a more localized environment. Why throw your money away to a foreign country, when you could essentially invest it in your own country?

That's not to say I am unsympathetic to the plight of those in Africa, but I am a fairly practical person. A donation of food/medicine will help very few people in the grand scheme of things. Quality research? It could advance the whole human race.
Krom

Postby Krom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:42 am

jettom wrote:Banana's or Kiwi's

Kiwi's. Awesome accents++.

jettom wrote:How come i have a mancrush on you?

I am that awesome.

jettom wrote:How come i can't purchase a sweather with YOU on it?

Bitch to Keydar, it should have been the first thing he did.

jettom wrote:Would you do my female night elf warrior knowing she was once a tauren male?

Ew, gross.
Krom

Postby Krom » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:43 am

Lilla wrote:Dear Krom,

What do you hate/love more, pain from stomach-ache, or pain from a wound?

Do you go on weird websites? If yes, which?

-----------someone

I am not a fan of either stomach-ache or pain from a wound. However, if I had to choose between the two I would go for stomach-ache. I am generally a pretty hale person and rarely have an upset stomach for long. I've also been wounded a fair number of times in my life, and really don't fancy that much.

Edit: Weird websites - Not really, no. I sometimes go to places like thereifixedit.com, but that would be about it for weirdness
Krom

PreviousNext

Return to Q&A