A new face (a badly drawn one!)

Post your own art for critique and/or discussion.

A new face (a badly drawn one!)

Postby Jontie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:15 am

Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker on these forums and the art which i've found here (Raporbane/Ichibi) inspired me to start drawing.

It's not something i've done before and after enjoying your art i thought you might like to laugh at and criticise mine. I'm currently using pencil/paper and an Iphone for photo's (fail i know) but i'm hoping to grab a wacom bamboo tablet soon and "realise the dream" :P

Link to my first EVARR comic:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/152/img0055o.jpg
Jontie

Postby Thaurus » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:50 am

The text is quite unreadable. but for the rest its nice. Prehaps a introduction would be a way to go tough.
Got SC2 ^_^. Add me @ BuuGhost
Thaurus

Postby Thaurus » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:50 am

Last edited by Thaurus on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Got SC2 ^_^. Add me @ BuuGhost
Thaurus

Postby Jontie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Thaurus wrote: Prehaps a introduction would be a way to go tough.

Yeah that's my plan for the next one :)

as for the text i'll do it with a sharper line till i can get a tablet and put it straight onto PC!
Jontie

Postby Raptorbane » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Thaurus wrote:
Thaurus wrote:The text is quite unreadable.

Oops, Anyone know how to delete posts?

Edit the post and just remove all the text from it.

Jontie wrote:Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker on these forums and the art which i've found here (Raptorbane/Ichibi) inspired me to start drawing.

It's not something i've done before and after enjoying your art i thought you might like to laugh at and criticise mine. I'm currently using pencil/paper and an Iphone for photo's (fail i know) but i'm hoping to grab a wacom bamboo tablet soon and "realise the dream" :P

Link to my first EVARR comic:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/152/img0055o.jpg

That's pretty cool that we inspired you C: I suppose Ichibi and cover the two largest styles available for art quite well, with Ichibi being fantastic at traditional and I myself being into digital instead. If you intend on going the way of digital art, I can probably answer most (if not all) of your questions. :D

Jontie wrote:
Thaurus wrote: Prehaps a introduction would be a way to go tough.

Yeah that's my plan for the next one :)

as for the text i'll do it with a sharper line till i can get a tablet and put it straight onto PC!

If you have a scanner you can scan it in, lighten the paper to white with Photoshop, erase the text out and then just type it in yourself. :P (Don't use Comic Sans MS font dear lord)
Raptorbane

Return to Art