Discuss anything!

Whirling Dervishes

Postby vergil77 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:52 am

vergil77

Postby Raptorbane » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:36 am

I'm dizzy and I'm not even spinning.
Raptorbane

Postby vergil77 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:40 am

After reading that they do this as some sort of meditation I was intrigued and decided to give it a try. I put on some calm music and started spinning. I was amazed that I didn't get dizzy at all. I continued for about 5 minutes, but when I stopped...

Pfft, I couldn't keep balance and everything was whirling. For about a minute I was in a state of blissful confusion. It felt funny, but soon after I got a headache and nausea. I was dazed for the rest of the day.

Maybe after some training I'll be able to reach an ecstatic trance like those dervishes while reducing the side effects. Free drugs with no impact on your health xD.
vergil77

Whirlwind

Postby Okagha » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:37 pm

They're casting bladestorm IRL, DISARM THEM, DISARM THEM!
Bloodsail Admiral Okagha
<LOBSTER GO PEENCH PEENCH>
<Cursed With Awesome>
Okagha

Postby Raptorbane » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:53 am

vergil77 wrote:After reading that they do this as some sort of meditation I was intrigued and decided to give it a try. I put on some calm music and started spinning. I was amazed that I didn't get dizzy at all. I continued for about 5 minutes, but when I stopped...

Pfft, I couldn't keep balance and everything was whirling. For about a minute I was in a state of blissful confusion. It felt funny, but soon after I got a headache and nausea. I was dazed for the rest of the day.

Maybe after some training I'll be able to reach an ecstatic trance like those dervishes while reducing the side effects. Free drugs with no impact on your health xD.

Dude it's like easy mode Nirvana ;A;
Raptorbane

Return to General