How to get money:

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

How to get money:

Postby rmtmark » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:29 pm

List your favourite ways of earning money in WoW
Here's what I did, it worked fairly well.
From level 1-50 I mostly bought things in the auction house and resold for more. On my server this worked well with wool, silk and linen.Every once in a while you might find an epic or rare item which you can buy below it's average prize (check thottbot and allakhazam for those).
From level 50-60 I got most of my money from Large Rope Nets which drop from Devias trappers in Westfall and selling discombobulator-rays(engineering-item). Of course this works best on pvp-servers.
From level 40 on you can farm turtles, with a bit of luck you will find golden pearls which sell for at least 20G a piece. If you can skin those turtles and sell their leather and scales it's even better.
recommend a good website for selling

http://www.rmtmark.com/

MSN Messenger: rmtmark@hotmail.com

Yahoo Messenger: rmtmark2010
rmtmark

Postby Lanthroviel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Holy crap.

Are you a bot who finally managed to pass Keydar's HOLY SHIELD and spewed your shit here?
Because from the look of it, topic, sig and all...
Anyway, even assuming you're human, I won't even bother to answer, because it looks like your "ways" are 4 YEARS TOO LATE!

(Do they hire someone to manually join the group now or what? Oo)
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Raptorbane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:09 pm

This is funny.

I make money through questing (which, as far as I know, is something you can't do very well via botting).
Raptorbane

Postby Gabtraf » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Well I remember around the beginning of WoTLK (when things didn't change for the first few patches)

I killed horde at wintergrasp, actually looted them and found gold off them. After that I just farmed horde kills at wintergrasp and made a killing off of that.. Well till I stopped playing.
Darkness Incarnate..
Gabtraf

Postby Ghost467 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:26 am

Or you can level a DK from 60 to 80 and easily get 1k or more :roll:

Fail bot...listing classic WoW ways.
Ghost467

Postby vergil77 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:51 am

I like leveling new chars from time to time (nothing really hardcore, it's just quite... relaxing to me :p), so I have access to many professions at once. I just sell anything that brings much profit, that's it. You can literally earn thousands of gold daily without any trouble or hard work.

Here's an example: if you have a Jewelcrafter and an Enchanter, you can craft jewelery from all those leftover green-quality gems (and some Eternal Earth) - and then disenchant it and sell mats. That's way more profitable than selling those gems for 50-75 silver each.
vergil77

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:29 am

vergil77 wrote:I like leveling new chars from time to time (nothing really hardcore, it's just quite... relaxing to me :p), so I have access to many professions at once. I just sell anything that brings much profit, that's it. You can literally earn thousands of gold daily without any trouble or hard work.

Here's an example: if you have a Jewelcrafter and an Enchanter, you can craft jewelery from all those leftover green-quality gems (and some Eternal Earth) - and then disenchant it and sell mats. That's way more profitable than selling those gems for 50-75 silver each.

/2 [Jewelcrafting] LFW
/2 [Jewelcrafting] LFW
/2 [Jewelcrafting] LFW

[insert 20 whispers]

???

profit
Raptorbane

Postby vergil77 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Raptorbane wrote:/2 [Jewelcrafting] LFW
/2 [Jewelcrafting] LFW
/2 [Jewelcrafting] LFW

[insert 20 whispers]

???

profit

That's a bit time consuming and doesn't really bring that much profit. You also have to learn lots of JC designs (which means a lot of dailies, investing in titanium ore, etc.). And it's not like you're the only JC on the server, so..

I taught my shammy to make like... 4 kinds of epic gems (red and orange ones, coz they're obviously the most wanted ones) and sold them on AH. You can easily get uncut gems from alchemy transmutations, icy prisms, or leftover honor/emblems.
vergil77

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:51 pm

vergil77 wrote:That's a bit time consuming and doesn't really bring that much profit. You also have to learn lots of JC designs (which means a lot of dailies, investing in titanium ore, etc.). And it's not like you're the only JC on the server, so..

I taught my shammy to make like... 4 kinds of epic gems (red and orange ones, coz they're obviously the most wanted ones) and sold them on AH. You can easily get uncut gems from alchemy transmutations, icy prisms, or leftover honor/emblems.

:3 I'm a JC for myself first. I have an alt to mine / herb for Raptor who is JC / Alch. Besides, other people bring the gems to me, I don't even really have to mine anymore. But yea, between Raptorbane and Aemen (my prot/holy paly :VVV best name ever) I have JC / Alch and Mining / Herbalism so I'm all set if I ever need monies.

Or I can just mooch off Aaron because he seems to have this endless pile of gold and unlimited willingness to give it all to me *3*
Raptorbane

Postby Lanthroviel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:00 pm

Ghost467 wrote:Or you can level a DK from 60 to 80 and easily get 1k or more :roll:

Yep, speaking of that, as I just restarted WoW, I'm leveling a DK.

After spending around 10 hours farming mining and skinning up to the BC level, then around 3 days pexing (and 1 farming the books in dalaran and the inn/goldshire for the pets) I'm now level 76, with the epic flying training, and 800 gold left, so... yeah.
Admittedly though, my actual server has a big market for most of the ore/leather I got leveling, I guess it works less on a highly populated server, but still...
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby Raptorbane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:49 am

Lanthroviel wrote:
Ghost467 wrote:Or you can level a DK from 60 to 80 and easily get 1k or more :roll:

Yep, speaking of that, as I just restarted WoW, I'm leveling a DK.

After spending around 10 hours farming mining and skinning up to the BC level, then around 3 days pexing (and 1 farming the books in dalaran and the inn/goldshire for the pets) I'm now level 76, with the epic flying training, and 800 gold left, so... yeah.
Admittedly though, my actual server has a big market for most of the ore/leather I got leveling, I guess it works less on a highly populated server, but still...

Lol, well at least you got the epic flying prior to hitting 80 like my DK did :[
Raptorbane

Return to WoW