New WoW web comic "Sara & Kleeyo"

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

New WoW web comic "Sara & Kleeyo"

Postby Clef » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:51 am

Greetings everyone. I'm a long time reader of several of WoW's popular fan-name web comics. Some of which, particularly Dark Legacy, WoWeh and Teh Gladiators, have inspired me to make an attempt at my own. Well, here is the result. It's titled "Sara & Kleeyo". It (should) be updated every Saturday. Feel free to stop by for a visit sometime.

http://sarakleeyo.webcomic.ws/ or click my sig!

Thanks all,
-Clef
Clef

Postby Ghost467 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:16 am

Seems kinda long on each comic.
Keydar wrote:Morals require thought!
Ghost467

Postby Raptorbane » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Oh yay... Another web comic involving digitally colored pencil drawings photoshopped onto WoW screenshots...
Raptorbane

Postby Cass » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:37 pm

You mean there are others out there, Bane?!

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby Raptorbane » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Cass wrote:You mean there are others out there, Bane?!

Unfortunately ;-;

Nothing cries out "too lazy to do my own backgrounds" to me more than Photoshopping over top of pre-existing photos or screen shots, I'm afraid. I mean, sometimes people put real effort into using that as their thing and make it seem really good and professional, but other people...

Also I'm not too particularly worried about this person coming back and being pissy at me for saying anything considering this is their only post and it was an advertisement. Way to go.
Raptorbane

Postby Lanthroviel » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Oh yeah, just check WoW list of funnies this week: "Away From Reality" "Disciplinary Action" "Lorgrokni's Travels Through Azeroth" "Blood and Thunder" "Tales from the Crossroads" are like this...
There's also others like Cru the Dwarf, Beyond the tree, and the old good but deads Scout Report and Flintlock's (horde) guide through Azeroth.
And the quality is... pretty variable.[size=0](Though I'm judging by the appearance here for some, I haven't deeply read half of that list)[/size]

I do have a sort of Favorite spot for Daily Blink though, probably for the originality of the newspaper style.
Web... Web has changed....
Lanthroviel

Postby The Great JT » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:23 am

Oh yeah, they're everywhere. Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth, Flintlocke vs. the Horde, Cru the Dwarf, Disgraph D. Dwarf, Beyond The Tree, Travels With Tenthunders, Tales From the Crossroads, Daily Blink, the list goes on and on. Most are pretty good, some are not as much.

Raptorbane wrote:Nothing cries out "too lazy to do my own backgrounds" to me more than Photoshopping over top of pre-existing photos or screen shots, I'm afraid.

At least there ARE backgrounds, unlike, say for example, the comics YOU'VE posted here.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Liquidrock » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:46 pm

The Great JT wrote:
Raptorbane wrote:Nothing cries out "too lazy to do my own backgrounds" to me more than Photoshopping over top of pre-existing photos or screen shots, I'm afraid.

At least there ARE backgrounds, unlike, say for example, the comics YOU'VE posted here.

Oh snap!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Liquidrock

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:42 pm

The Great JT wrote:

lol, That was a strip. I didn't put a background in that because it would detract from the main focus; the joke (though they weren't that great anyway). Minimalist backgrounds are fine for strips, which I suppose would work for this, but in my most honest opinion I would rather have no background and a focused joke than an awful background that detracts from whatever humor might have been there.

And a little research never hurt anyone, JT.

Edit: Though I won't lie, "Assorted Fruitcakes" was fucking awful.
Raptorbane

Return to WoW