I Reactivated

Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Ghost467 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 am

On a side note we got Tol Barad last night.

We attempted the raid but on the 25 man I waited 3 minutes for them to explain, did a ready check, and charged.

DUR UMG WE WRNT REDI.

It was like dude I waited 3 minutes for an explanation, readychecked with everyone ready, and then you started Q_Qing.
Keydar wrote:Morals require thought!
Ghost467

Postby 501warhead » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Hope you enjoy Cataclysm!(And belive me, it's the best one yet ^.^)

350 Equip; 357 ingame. (Edited between ingame and equip by some unknown bug)
Tank/Heals US Blackrock.
501warhead

Postby Peddel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:38 am

Gratz on 85 Keydar!

good luck running hc's :P
Peddel

Re: I Reactivated

Postby ericmck2000 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:59 am

Keydar wrote:Its been over a year since I deactivated my account, but I gave in and bought Cata. So I'll probably be online within the next couple days if you want to stop by Lightbringer and say hi.

I don't know how long I'll keep my account active, at the moment I plan to at least get my rogue to 85, and try out some of the new races. I'm afraid if I try to raid I'll fall off the wagon.

personally, after i leveled my pally and warlock to 85, I just quit. I did not feel the need to be told I didnt have a high enough gs to get into a heroic... especially when my avg ilvl was 1 point off. Sucks when my gear was fully gemmed and enchanted compared to the scrub that did half the dps, with no gems, and had the approiate ivl because of a ilvl 40 shirt.
ericmck2000

Postby Ghost467 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:54 am

ericmck2000 wrote:
Keydar wrote:Its been over a year since I deactivated my account, but I gave in and bought Cata. So I'll probably be online within the next couple days if you want to stop by Lightbringer and say hi.

I don't know how long I'll keep my account active, at the moment I plan to at least get my rogue to 85, and try out some of the new races. I'm afraid if I try to raid I'll fall off the wagon.

personally, after i leveled my pally and warlock to 85, I just quit. I did not feel the need to be told I didnt have a high enough gs to get into a heroic... especially when my avg ilvl was 1 point off. Sucks when my gear was fully gemmed and enchanted compared to the scrub that did half the dps, with no gems, and had the approiate ivl because of a ilvl 40 shirt.

You know you can get high level items from the faction vendors, right?
Keydar wrote:Morals require thought!
Ghost467

Postby Raptorbane » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:04 pm

ericmck2000 wrote:personally, after i leveled my pally and warlock to 85, I just quit. I did not feel the need to be told I didnt have a high enough gs to get into a heroic... especially when my avg ilvl was 1 point off. Sucks when my gear was fully gemmed and enchanted compared to the scrub that did half the dps, with no gems, and had the approiate ivl because of a ilvl 40 shirt.

I'm going to dissect this.

ericmck2000 wrote:personally, after i leveled my pally and warlock to 85, I just quit.

bye

ericmck2000 wrote: I did not feel the need to be told I didnt have a high enough gs to get into a heroic... especially when my avg ilvl was 1 point off.

I got a guild group and walked into heroic Grim Batol while I was still 12 iLevels away from heroic-ready by Blizzards standards.

That one point is so necessary oh my god I am not even being sarcastic. I had a GUILD GROUP and Throngus was AEUAEAUEUA

ericmck2000 wrote:Sucks when my gear was fully gemmed and enchanted compared to the scrub that did half the dps, with no gems, and had the approiate ivl because of a ilvl 40 shirt.

Blizzard made the gear level based on what you would need ESSENTIAL-WISE to survive in a Cata heroic. You need LOTS of stam, first of all, that's why there is a shit ton of it on everything. You also don't even have to be -wearing- higher ilvl gear to get in, it can be sitting in your bag. I have Ring of the Boy Emperor pulling me up a brutal 10 points just because it's in my bag.

You're also not building a total iLevel like Gearscore used to, you're building AVERAGE item level. Meaning that an ilvl 40 shirt would probably have DRAGGED THAT GUY DOWN. You also only need that required item level to PUG them, because Blizzard knows if you have any less going into a PuG heroic it will just be a horrible, horrible experience (and it will).

I'm not about to call you stupid, because you're probably not (your spelling might make initial judgment state otherwise). You're just as misinformed as everyone else was when Cata started, and trust me, I'm heroic ready now but I don't even WANT to PuG them. Cata heroics are not as easy as LK heroics were, and at the rate they are as of this time, I doubt they ever will be. They will only ever get "less painful" to run. Still painful, but less so.

If I can ever get a guild group for anything, ANYTHING, I will take it.

That said, 6 of us killed 30 million hp Rarespawn world boss Mobus the other day. Most fun ever.

http://i56.tinypic.com/30cyx3b.jpg
Raptorbane

Postby Liquidrock » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:21 am

105k HP... yeah.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Liquidrock

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:46 am

Liquidrock wrote:

105k HP... yeah.

I was buffed. I actually only have about 94k.
Raptorbane

Postby Liquidrock » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Raptorbane wrote:
Liquidrock wrote:

105k HP... yeah.

I was buffed. I actually only have about 94k.

Sigh... what happened to the days where a tank with 10k HP was like "OMFG!"
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Liquidrock

Postby The Great JT » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:24 pm

Liquidrock wrote:Sigh... what happened to the days where a tank with 10k HP was like "OMFG!"

Those days are dead and good riddance to 'em.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Cass » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Are you still playing?

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby Keydar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Cass wrote:Are you still playing?

No, I got bored and quit again :P
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Cass » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:52 am

Me too. I picked up Rift after getting sucked into beta. Meh. It's okay when I have the time to actually sit and play. Damn having a life!

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby joemann » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Raptorbane wrote:
Ghost467 wrote:UMG TENK DED U SU SQVEESHY.

No its because no one was healing me, idiot.

KIK HEM.

Not before you.

Tanks are NOT lucky. We just get faster queue times.

I look at tank queue times as a fair trade off. Sure you get more queues, but you have one of the worst jobs in the game and have to deal with more idiots and faster as well.

:C I still haven't levelled my prot pally to 85... He's sitting at 83 because all I dare use him for is farming (he hasn't done a single quest since Hyjal :B)

My main is a level 85 bear druid and I only run heroics if at least 3 of us are guildies. I prefer all of us be guildies, but am willing to PUG for 2. 3 is a good number because you get guild XP (we are almost to 25), and my guildmates back me up.
Example: ran heroic stonecore earlier today, was my first time there on heroic. We had a DPS pally we pugged and he asked if I wanted him to tank the 3rd boss (the one that does the ground slams). One of my guildmates told him that I should be given the chance to tank it since that is what I do. I told the guy I needed to learn the fight because I was sure this wouldn't be the only time I run heroic stonecore.

Really nice to have guildmates back me up. Not to mention I am one of a few tanks in my guild, and my guildies are always desperate for a tank to run heroics with.
joemann

Postby Metus » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 am

Keydar wrote:
Cass wrote:Are you still playing?

No, I got bored and quit again :P
Cass wrote:Me too. I picked up Rift after getting sucked into beta. Meh. It's okay when I have the time to actually sit and play. Damn having a life!
Aww...
Metus

Previous

Return to DL comics