Discuss anything about DLC

Re: 287

Postby Keydar » Mon May 09, 2011 8:05 am

Tales wrote:why does BE Donald has a picture of a cat with the word "the sun" on it?

Okay, I'm gonna go all out and give you the TL;DR answer.

Mostly because he's an idiot. :P

In addition to that, though, like 90% of NPCs that spoke Thalassian in the game sounded like they didn't know the language. Granted neither did I, but I was always pretty sure they were doing it wrong, hence what I was talking about in this comic. "Belore" was always one of those words that stood out to me as funny when they pronounced it "Beh-low-ray", like Paris Hilton learning Spanish or something.

P.S. A lot of people have asked what was the deal with the "Sebulba" line in that old comic I linked (#139). I was hoping someone somewhere would get the joke, but I'm not sure anyone did. If you re-watch Star Wars Episode 1 sometime, and listen to Jake Lloyd failing at speaking a different language, it reminds me of Thalassian in wow. I swear what he says is essentially "Mango banana bonga fango jadango bango sebulba". Or something.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Iskaria » Mon May 09, 2011 9:24 am

Awesome :) Loving Donalds intense blood elf look :P
[Polymorph]: "It's not bestiality if it's really humanoid"
Iskaria

Postby joemann » Mon May 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Keydar wrote:
Tales wrote:why does BE Donald has a picture of a cat with the word "the sun" on it?

In addition to that, though, like 90% of NPCs that spoke Thalassian in the game sounded like they didn't know the language. Granted neither did I, but I was always pretty sure they were doing it wrong, hence what I was talking about in this comic. "Belore" was always one of those words that stood out to me as funny when they pronounced it "Beh-low-ray", like Paris Hilton learning Spanish or something.

P.S. A lot of people have asked what was the deal with the "Sebulba" line in that old comic I linked (#139). I was hoping someone somewhere would get the joke, but I'm not sure anyone did. If you re-watch Star Wars Episode 1 sometime, and listen to Jake Lloyd failing at speaking a different language, it reminds me of Thalassian in wow. I swear what he says is essentially "Mango banana bonga fango jadango bango sebulba". Or something.

When I first read comic #139, I did notice the name Sebulba, but was never really sure what the Star Wars reference was for. I picked up on the idea you were making fun of the BE language, but the sebulba line threw me for a loop.
joemann

Postby Raptorbane » Mon May 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Keydar wrote: I swear what he says is essentially "Mango banana bonga fango jadango bango sebulba". Or something.

Laughing so hard

I can't breathe oh my god
Raptorbane

Postby Zohar » Mon May 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Keydar wrote:

I still remember you making fun of Kael'thas in Tempest Keep when he said "belore." Good times.

Also, Krom's threat to demote Narya below Donald reminds me of when I had my own rank (the lowest) in Dark Legacy. :D

Edit: Actually, you may have been making fun of one of his guards. Master Engineer Telonicus says it on aggro.
Zohar
DL Guild Member

Postby The Great JT » Mon May 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Keydar wrote:If you re-watch Star Wars Episode 1 sometime, and listen to Jake Lloyd failing at speaking a different language...

Among the other things Jake Lloyd fails at.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby DeSatyr » Thu May 12, 2011 12:09 am

The DLC Store needs a Horde design! :)
Where light is, is shadow.
But where shadow is, is no light.
DeSatyr

Postby Julie478 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:34 am

This is the best!
Julie478