Alliance vs Horde

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Alliance vs Horde

Postby residentgood » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Why are there so many people that say Horde is better than Alliance? Almost any website concerning WoW that I happen to go to usually has several people who say Horde is better. Even a guy who has his own question and answer show (I forget the name of the site) says Horde is better.

Is it because Horde has better looking toons? Or maybe people in general secretly want to be bad guys (not saying Horde is bad) and most of the best players of a typical realm make Horde toons?

I thought the skills and abilities of Horde and Alliance were the same for each class. What other reasons are there that people prefer Horde over Alliance?

Thanks for your replies.
residentgood

Postby Jomjo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Yeah I never got that either, I'm horde and I always see in trade saying that the alliance are a bunch of kids cause they all come on when schools over. On my realm horde seams to win a lot. But I don't know and really don't care. The only reason in life is (apperantly) to be smarter or better than everyone else, so let them have their fun and enjoy the game :3
"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
Jomjo

Postby Gabtraf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:20 pm

I played both sides. Mainly played alliance because my highest lvl was one. Both sides have their fair share of morons and kids. All I know is most of my friends and family were horde and were on my server at one time.. I fought them and won most of my battles till extremely outnumbered. They keep saying that alliance sucks and all but I didn't really care, I was just getting free honor for gear and enjoying the game my way.
Darkness Incarnate..
Gabtraf

Postby Kodykahn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:50 am

Lore-wise, Pre-caty I felt that the horde was better then the alliance, because they weren't being lead by a buncha, in my own opinion, stuck up, snobbish a-holes, but since Caty, things have evened out.
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Raptorbane » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:01 am

I have played both sides for 2-3 years each now, and they are both -exactly the same- in way more ways than they think, hahaha. Alliance is full of children, yes, but so is the Horde. Both also say "X has all the kiddies and Y has all the best players!1!one". They both have their share of retards and good players.

The fact that we can't communicate with one another in-game makes it hard to truly understand how alike both sides are, haha. Lore-wise though, they have been balanced as relatively the same strength. Both have 6 groups of races and all of these races have roughly the same population as their counter on the opposite side. Gnomes and Trolls had no homeland for a while, Orcs and Humans have the biggest capitals, Blood Elves and Draenei were dwindling populations hidden away from the world, and Worgen and Goblins were forced from their home cities by the Cataclysm.

Dwarves and undead... have... uh. Circular and confusing cities.
Raptorbane

Postby residentgood » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks for all of the replies. I appreciate your input. :)
residentgood

Re: Alliance vs Horde

Postby Gombol » Sat May 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Neither. Go Guardian (Rift.) It's a better game. True story.
Gombol

Postby Raptorbane » Sun May 15, 2011 5:51 am

Gombol wrote:Neither. Go Guardian (Rift.) It's a better game. True story.

I can almost taste your opinion with how you're shoving it down our throats here. Seems a little bitter, with a hint of sour. Like... old coffee with lemons in it.
Raptorbane

Postby Kodykahn » Sun May 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Dunno, I didn't like rift, it felt like it was ripping off WoW alot, also IMO it's gotten alot of bad Hype due to the simple fact it is, yet again, anouther alleged "WoW Killer" as some people call it, it's meh, 3.5/5.
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Gombol » Sun May 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Kodykahn wrote:Dunno, I didn't like rift, it felt like it was ripping off WoW alot, also IMO it's gotten alot of bad Hype due to the simple fact it is, yet again, anouther alleged "WoW Killer" as some people call it, it's meh, 3.5/5.

Difference being: Rift is good, and new.

And TRION has -NEVER- called themselves a WoWkiller, they just used their marketting campaign ("You're not in Azeroth anymore...") to say they were better then Blizz. And they really are.
Gombol

Postby Kodykahn » Sun May 15, 2011 11:32 pm

I never said that THEY said they were a "WoW Killer" it's the hype and annoying idiots who constantly blabber on and on about it being a WoW killer, and how it's "SOOOO" much better then wow, ect. ect. it's gotten some negetive publicity from idiots whom go ranting and raving over every new MMORPG that looks like it will be any good, I PERSONALLY find rift boring as hell, it's not "All new" it's the same old RPG stuff, just recolored, redesigned, and given diffrent pixels, nothing is really NEW anymore <_< I'm just going to stick with WOW because I personally believe it is more stable, if YOU prefer Rift, then have at it, but don't go blabbing on and on about it and talking about how "WoW sux" because it's a tad bit irritating, And for the record, I know plenty of good players that still play WoW, I've also seen people quit wow for Rift, then come back, so obviously it's not a full head and shoulders above WoW, so stop acting like it is T_T;
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Raptorbane » Mon May 16, 2011 12:37 am

Kodykahn wrote:I never said that THEY said they were a "WoW Killer" it's the hype and annoying idiots who constantly blabber on and on about it being a WoW killer, and how it's "SOOOO" much better then wow, ect. ect. it's gotten some negetive publicity from idiots whom go ranting and raving over every new MMORPG that looks like it will be any good, I PERSONALLY find rift boring as hell, it's not "All new" it's the same old RPG stuff, just recolored, redesigned, and given diffrent pixels, nothing is really NEW anymore <_< I'm just going to stick with WOW because I personally believe it is more stable, if YOU prefer Rift, then have at it, but don't go blabbing on and on about it and talking about how "WoW sux" because it's a tad bit irritating, And for the record, I know plenty of good players that still play WoW, I've also seen people quit wow for Rift, then come back, so obviously it's not a full head and shoulders above WoW, so stop acting like it is T_T;

So much emotion *sniffle* I'm so proud of you right now.

That said, this. I don't understand why you're posting all over a WoW oriented forum about how Rift is so much better than WoW when really the odds of any of us caring are just so abysmal. If anything at this point I am less likely to try Rift simply because I'm given the impression that it's full of flavor-of-the-month morons like you, Gombol.
Raptorbane

Postby Usagi-Zakura » Mon May 16, 2011 10:10 am

In my personal opinion I prefer Horde over Alliance (also WoW over Rift but that has nothing to do with the original post I feel:p) because of their lore, and they have more of my favorite races (trolls, blood elves and Forsaken) and my favorite character (Sylvanas Windrunner. If her older sister returned from space or wherever she's hiding the Alliance might win some more points:B)

But yeah as mentioned above, both have bad and good players. I play both sides even though my main is Horde. Lore-wise both have their jerks and nice guys too.
Usagi-Zakura

Postby Kodykahn » Mon May 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Horde all the way IMO

Varian is an idiot
Garrosh is a crazy man whom knows how to keep things off his freaking ships

Garrosh has happily come a long way from being the douche he was, Varian still is stuck going the wrong way, "Deathwing attacks Stormwind? Great.. lets remodel the castle and build a BIG statue of good ol' ME!" <--- Varian at work
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Raptorbane » Mon May 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Kodykahn wrote:"Deathwing attacks Stormwind? Great.. lets remodel the castle and build a BIG statue of good ol' ME!" <--- Varian at work

I believe he did that /before/ Deathwing torched the park and gate, considering I remember AFKing on that stupid gate and then moving later when the hammers drove me absolutely nuts. So it's not like he doesn't have people fixing the thing while his statue is erected, the statue and castle are already there.

Edit: Millions of enter key wow
Raptorbane

Next

Return to WoW