Alliance vs Horde

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Re: Alliance vs Horde

Postby Kodykahn » Sat May 28, 2011 7:20 am

I know, I was just messing around :P

Anyways, I just don't like Varian he's like an old japanese man who hasn't realized that the americans aren't his enemies anymore... and due to his actions, he made enemies of them... maybe that was a bad analogy.. but as far as I'm concerned, the whole war relighting is completely varian's fault... I was at the battle for undercity D:<
A wise man once said, to never underestimate the potential of human stupidity. :)
Myah~ ;3
Kodykahn

Postby Raptorbane » Sat May 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Kodykahn wrote:I know, I was just messing around :P

Anyways, I just don't like Varian he's like an old japanese man who hasn't realized that the americans aren't his enemies anymore... and due to his actions, he made enemies of them... maybe that was a bad analogy.. but as far as I'm concerned, the whole war relighting is completely varian's fault... I was at the battle for undercity D:<

Pretty sure it was Garrosh who was like "FUCK DA ALLIANCE", Varian just wanted to kill Thrall when Varimathras gtfo'd because, understandably, Varian figured Thrall had something to do with Varimathras's plans considering he was part of the Horde at the time, but deus ex maJaina came and saved everyone.

Then there was a war. The end!
Raptorbane

Postby Cliffer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:53 pm

I've played both factions for a while now and I have noticed that the Alliance is much more accepting of children. For instance, on Alliance (on my server at least) it is commonplace to have plans disrupted by school, while on Horde it is assumed that people go to work in the day. Whether Alliance has more kids, or they just are more accepting, idk.
Morals require thought!
Cliffer

Postby Yinello » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:47 am

Everyone's the same in the end. :P

I've played Alliance and Horde and I just felt no difference when it came to maturity. There's always people talking smack about the other faction, but it's all pixels in the end. I also didn't understand why there was a war between the factions, back when Illidan, Arthas and now Deathwing want to bite our heads off. Made me wish there was a third neutral faction I could join, like the Argent Crusade or the Bilgewater Cartel.

I stuck with Alliance in the end just because they had Dwarves, my favorite race. No other reason really.
Yinello

Postby Bubblegum » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:17 am

I played both side, but i prefere Horde all the way.

Both sides have the childish players, but on alliance in every guild i had was
filled with 12 year olds. And no problem with 12 year olds in general, but i'm
26 and i have found on my server the horde has the more older players.

All my RL friends are now horde and i have nice rl and online friends on this side.
So give me horde all the way!

@ yinello, how can bilgewater be neurtal its the horde goblin faction, there Horde
not neutral!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My portfolio Website
Facebook DL FanPage
Bubblegum

Re:

Postby AntonWolf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:12 am

Raptorbane wrote:Dwarves and undead... have... uh. Circular and confusing cities.

and for some reason for the longest time i was the only one in my guild who had no trouble navigating around both, go figure :D
Gaiaticus= 87 Tauren Restoration/Guardian Druid (Alleria)
Shaianne= 85 Blood Elf Frost/Arcane Mage (Alleria)
Chihiru= 46 Pandaren Mistweaver Monk (Alleria)
AntonWolf

Postby AntonWolf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:20 am

The main reason that I have stuck with the horde all these years is because I still can not get over the bad design that they put into the humans, I can't stand to play one on WoW. That and the fact that my main is a Tauren druid, and I feel that they represent druids the best, possibly even better than the night elves (even though Ysera takes the form of a night elf). All in all I generally find more things that I like about the horde than things that I like about alliance so thus I play horde :D.
Gaiaticus= 87 Tauren Restoration/Guardian Druid (Alleria)
Shaianne= 85 Blood Elf Frost/Arcane Mage (Alleria)
Chihiru= 46 Pandaren Mistweaver Monk (Alleria)
AntonWolf

Postby Joefesok » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:13 pm

The horde just seem more mature. The allience also get pampered too much. (Notice how all the dragon aspexts are in allience race forms. In fact, there are hardly ANY dragons that are horde races).
Joefesok

Postby Velandre » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Ive always been Alliance, and i have absolutely no problem with Horde. I consider them just as friendly as the rest of the Alliance, even if they repeatedly attack me or steal my stuff! ^-^
Lookie! I made words!

Server- Wyrmrest Accord!

Velandre- Level 90 Holy Draenei Priest
Velandre

Postby Raptorbane » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Joefesok wrote:The horde just seem more mature. The allience also get pampered too much. (Notice how all the dragon aspexts are in allience race forms. In fact, there are hardly ANY dragons that are horde races).

don't like 80% of dragons take high elf forms
Raptorbane

Postby Nessana » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:33 am

fuck the horde, we have donuts in the alliance!
Watch yer beck!
Nessana

Postby Varric » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 am

The reason why I started with the horde and stayed with the horde was simply that they were the other guys.
For a very long time the heroes where usually Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, etc the other races, especially the more savage or beast like ones were just Monsters. Things to be killed for XP.
The Horde had races like Orcs, Trolls an Tauren and they were not just Monsters but people who had heroes of their own. Of course the Horde races also have several bad guys in their ranks but they are not just generic evil as for example the D&D Monster Manual tells us. An Orc like Garrosh may still wreak havoc upon the world while an Orc like Thrall may save the World.
My Favourite race however are the Tauren who look pretty savage but if not angered they are gentle giants. However if you really annoy the they show you that even gently giants are still giants and can hit you pretty hard.

Despite this was not the reason for my choice I also feel like the horde (at least on my Server) is more mature than the alliance (though even the Horde has it's fair share of annoying Players).
We are also just half the size of the alliance, which often makes us underdogs but since I don't do PvP I don't care about that very much.
Varric

Postby Doomgaze » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 am

I've always preferred Horde. In the end I can't stand any of the Alliance race character animations. Having to watch that all time isn't something I wanted to do.

Besides, Horde's always had cooler mounts. Who wants to ride a horse or a robot chicken when you can ride a raptor! Or a giant wolf! Aesthetics, people! They matter to me!
Doomgaze

Postby Rexsoore » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:44 am

Horde has blood elves, blood elves are hot = Horde Roaaaacks ! :D
Rexsoore

Postby Varric » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 am

Rexsoore wrote:Horde has blood elves, blood elves are hot = Horde Roaaaacks ! :D

When the Horde got Bloodelves my first thought was: Ok, that's for players who would actually prefer to play Alliance but whose friends all play Horde.

Then in Cataclysm we got the same thing the other way round with Worgen ;-)
Varric

Previous

Return to WoW