I have partied with Donald.

Discuss anything about DLC

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Ghost467 wrote:The one where its the 3 women with fake mustaches.

They were all the same Japanese guy, he was acting in the commercial for Mario Kart DS. It's all his head-swings tied together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0LfLk9lLEg
Raptorbane

Postby Ghost467 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:00 am

Raptorbane wrote:

They were all the same Japanese guy, he was acting in the commercial for Mario Kart DS. It's all his head-swings tied together.

Wait, so, its, a guy.......

Nasty.
Ghost467

Postby Raptorbane » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:50 am

Ghost467 wrote:
Raptorbane wrote:

Nasty.

It's still a fake mustache though.
Raptorbane

Postby Ghost467 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:04 am

Raptorbane wrote:
Ghost467 wrote:
Raptorbane wrote:

Nasty.

It's still a fake mustache though.

Where did you get the avatar? I want it, for the lols.
Ghost467

Postby vergil77 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Ghost467 wrote:Wait, so, its, a guy.......Nasty.

Oh, man, you're totally right. It's actually a male, a real male having... eww... a moustache... that's just gross. I mean, these... these...hairs... coming out of his skin below his nose... No, no, no, I can't stand it, that's so disgusting! I will never be able to wipe the memory of this hideous image from my mind.

Congratulations Raptorbane, I hope you're proud of yourself. You and your weird fetishes...
vergil77

Postby Raptorbane » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:30 pm

vergil77 wrote:
Ghost467 wrote:Wait, so, its, a guy.......Nasty.

Oh, man, you're totally right. It's actually a male, a real male having... eww... a moustache... that's just gross. I mean, these... these...hairs... coming out of his skin below his nose... No, no, no, I can't stand it, that's so disgusting! I will never be able to wipe the memory of this hideous image from my mind.

Congratulations Raptorbane, I hope you're proud of yourself. You and your weird fetishes...

would now be a bad time to put up my man-eating-frog avatar
Raptorbane

Postby Yatta » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Another Donald story!

I was in a heroic Gundrak and I noticed the enhance shaman in our group was pulling terrible dps (understatement). I decided to call him on it and he claimed his gear was crap. He was speaking truth. Half of his gear was elemental crap. But I told him he still could be pulling more dps, and to prove my point, I stripped my hunter down and had nothing equipped but her 2 hander and her bow. I proceeded to out dps him.

"You still have better gear than me"

/facepalm
Yatta

Postby Kumon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 am

*Gets on Warlock*

*Creates Soulstone*

*Uses new SS ability to rez this thread*

"Live, I say. LIVE!"
Note to self:
Make new signature.
Kumon

Re: I have partied with Donald.

Postby residentgood » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 am

"Eventually we get to the final boss and since the rogue didn't really know how to go after more than one target, we just couldn't do it." - original post

im playing a rogue right now and i was wondering how DO rogues go after more than one target?
residentgood

Postby The Great JT » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:35 am

Not really a Donald moment, but a funny occurance that I encountered yesterday (as of this post) in Zul'Aman 2: Forest Troll Boogaloo.

ME: REMEMBER: stay after the final boss for the bonus chest loot.

Everyone left after we killed not-Zul'jin.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Dabloxxer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:53 pm

I have a donald moment... Or had(because it happened like a week or two ago).

As a DK, professions are a pain. So i mixed up dungeon runs and profession leveling.
But since my tanking armor looks kinda stupid(well... If donald were a set of armour it would look like that, with decent stats for a lvl 72 tank though), i got a nice looking set of armor to do my proffesion leveling in. I got bored and queued for a dungeon. Only i forgot to put a presence on, i forgot to switch from unholy to blood spec for tanking(i was fixing unholy's talents/skills/ect), oh, and i left the level 50ish set of armor on. So i showed up in the wrong spec, wrong presence, wrong armor, and at the wrong time, in the wrong place(which was the last boss of the nexus where some doofus pulled all the azure warders that normall would never see combat in the standard run) (So instead of one boss and maybe one addon -one addon often causes a wipe- It was one boss, and four adds).

Luckily the hunter used feign death and the guild perk [Mass Resurection]... Sadly the boss(and adds) destroyed us when we got rezzed(we had like 10 seconds at best).

Worst run ever.
Good news: My good tank armor didnt need to be repaired! (my display armour was horribly trashed, but it didnt need to work that well. At least not in the near future.)

•-----------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: [Reply to The Great TJ]

More loot for you! Unless it locked(assuming you were not a rouge) and you didnt have a key.
Then its a somewhat donaldish moment! Or if you later realised you could have opened the chest and you didnt- then its a genuine donald moment!

[Reply to Kumon]
Kumon wrote:*Gets on Warlock*

*Creates Soulstone*

*Uses new SS ability to rez this thread*

"Live, I say. LIVE!"

Ill tank the unnamed forum troll mobs. Anyone going to be the healer? We have two DPS[Kumon and Donald(why not?)(im setting up for a reasons donald should not)], and a tank(me).

Looking for healer and DPS to do a run through The Ruined (Forum)Troll City! (Yes i know its a lame name)
Life lessons:
1 "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
2 "Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonade is gonna suck."
3 "If you dont find some water and some ice, your lemomade will still suck."
Dabloxxer

Postby Ruto777 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:55 am

I have two stories. They both took place in Pit of Saron.

In the first group, "Donald" was a DK. I was on Skype with an irl friend, and he was in my group. My friend is a warrior, and a great tank. I'm a feral druid DPS. So we get to Ick and Krick, and everything goes well. When we got to Garfrost, a DPS had to go, so we thought: lets 4 man this. Baaaad idea. At Garfrost, I did 70% of dps. My tank friend did good, but Donald the DK was doing 800 dps. His gear was ok, and i started looking at his talents. I said to my friend on Skype: "omfg look at DK's talents!!" He was specced completely randomly! 1/3 in Blood, 1/3 in Frost and 1/3 in Unholy. I said he had to get dps up because he was doing less than my auto attack dps. We wiped... soo.... many... times... We gave up and got to another group.

The second group, our Donald was the healer. He said he was an alt of a Paladin on our server, and said he was pro. I knew the paladin, he does a lot of ICC raids, so I trusted him. Baaad idea. I was tank, and all healer did was spam Nourish. I told him that Druid was about HoT, and that he had to start using Regrowth, Rejuvenation and Lifebloom, and if that doesn't work use Nourish as last resort. All he said was "We didn't wipe yet, did we? I'm a pro heal!". At that point, his "main" came online, while he was Nourish spamming me. I left the group. Next group, same healer! Left again.

/blogfaqs
When I die, I want to die in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Ruto777

Postby Oxycodon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:59 am

Joined a nice pug group yesterday for ZG heroic. It was 2am in the morning, considered going to bed but decided to sign up for one more. The DK tank was clad in full PVP gear, ok, seen that before so I guess its viable. The next sentence was a bit more disturbing. "Never been here before, lol, so go easy on me, kk?" Newb tank speaking in 1337. Great. Should've logged off there and then, but thought, hey, maybe he knows what he's doing. Talked him through the first mobs. He insisted on tanking the snake mobs right before the first boss as far away as possible from the cauldron. Ok, seen that before, guess its not that important. Told him the basics of the next fight, dont stand in green stuff, dont stand in front of breath. He replied "lol, ok!!" and ran up the stairs, tanked him in green shit, died horribly and we managed to finish off the boss popping everything we had. Ress, guess we should've told him to not run up the stairs. Even though its covered in green shit, I guess it was our fault. The next boss went down without much trouble, he managed to die in the fires on the way to the next boss, but that happens. He D&D'ed the group inside the temple, causing a full wipe, but hey, seen that before too. The panther boss was next, told him the basics, pull the adds, one group at a time, dont get hit by the annoying wave, dont dps the boss hard until all adds are down. "rofl, kk!" and he went. Spawned army, managed to pull every add, horrible wipe. Was so tired and irritated at this point, wanted to kick his ass in RL, but I really wanted the healing shoulders off the next boss so I decided to stay. We managed to kill the boss after two attempts. He managed to die since he didnt run away from the ghosts . Great. Zanzil was next, explained the way the cauldrons worked. "OK!" and he went. Zanzil spawned the big add, we froze and killed him. Zanzil then spawned the small adds. Tank apparently thought it wasnt necessary to take the red cauldron, stood there and focused on the boss. Wipe. Managed on the next attempt. Think the time was around 3.10 at this point, started to get seriously cranky. Managed the boss, didnt get my item. F****! Oh well, nice to get some points off the last boss. Explained tactics to him, he didnt understand "stack on chains" even though we explained it at least three times. Seemed like he didnt pick up a single small add, guess the lock was to blame as well since he didnt focus on them either. Anyway, guess he wasnt a full-on Donald, he tried and he wasnt a complete disaster, but signing up as a tank in the middle of the night when you dont know your ass from your elbow when it comes to tactics is a bit much. Don't think I will do pugs for a loong time..
Oxycodon

Postby joemann » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:50 am

Oxycodon wrote:Joined a nice pug group yesterday for ZG heroic. It was 2am in the morning, considered going to bed but decided to sign up for one more. The DK tank was clad in full PVP gear, ok, seen that before so I guess its viable. The next sentence was a bit more disturbing. "Never been here before, lol, so go easy on me, kk?" Newb tank speaking in 1337. Great. Should've logged off there and then, but thought, hey, maybe he knows what he's doing. Talked him through the first mobs. He insisted on tanking the snake mobs right before the first boss as far away as possible from the cauldron. Ok, seen that before, guess its not that important. Told him the basics of the next fight, dont stand in green stuff, dont stand in front of breath. He replied "lol, ok!!" and ran up the stairs, tanked him in green shit, died horribly and we managed to finish off the boss popping everything we had. Ress, guess we should've told him to not run up the stairs. Even though its covered in green shit, I guess it was our fault. The next boss went down without much trouble, he managed to die in the fires on the way to the next boss, but that happens. He D&D'ed the group inside the temple, causing a full wipe, but hey, seen that before too. The panther boss was next, told him the basics, pull the adds, one group at a time, dont get hit by the annoying wave, dont dps the boss hard until all adds are down. "rofl, kk!" and he went. Spawned army, managed to pull every add, horrible wipe. Was so tired and irritated at this point, wanted to kick his ass in RL, but I really wanted the healing shoulders off the next boss so I decided to stay. We managed to kill the boss after two attempts. He managed to die since he didnt run away from the ghosts . Great. Zanzil was next, explained the way the cauldrons worked. "OK!" and he went. Zanzil spawned the big add, we froze and killed him. Zanzil then spawned the small adds. Tank apparently thought it wasnt necessary to take the red cauldron, stood there and focused on the boss. Wipe. Managed on the next attempt. Think the time was around 3.10 at this point, started to get seriously cranky. Managed the boss, didnt get my item. F****! Oh well, nice to get some points off the last boss. Explained tactics to him, he didnt understand "stack on chains" even though we explained it at least three times. Seemed like he didnt pick up a single small add, guess the lock was to blame as well since he didnt focus on them either. Anyway, guess he wasnt a full-on Donald, he tried and he wasnt a complete disaster, but signing up as a tank in the middle of the night when you dont know your ass from your elbow when it comes to tactics is a bit much. Don't think I will do pugs for a loong time..

Using paragraphs would make your post so much more enjoyable to read. Just saying.
joemann

Postby Bobson » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:34 am

Oxycodon wrote:Joined a nice pug group yesterday for ZG heroic. It was 2am in the morning, considered going to bed but decided to sign up for one more.

The DK tank was clad in full PVP gear, ok, seen that before so I guess its viable. The next sentence was a bit more disturbing. "Never been here before, lol, so go easy on me, kk?" Newb tank speaking in 1337. Great. Should've logged off there and then, but thought, hey, maybe he knows what he's doing. Talked him through the first mobs. He insisted on tanking the snake mobs right before the first boss as far away as possible from the cauldron. Ok, seen that before, guess its not that important.
Told him the basics of the next fight, dont stand in green stuff, dont stand in front of breath. He replied "lol, ok!!" and ran up the stairs, tanked him in green shit, died horribly and we managed to finish off the boss popping everything we had. Ress, guess we should've told him to not run up the stairs. Even though its covered in green shit, I guess it was our fault.

The next boss went down without much trouble, he managed to die in the fires on the way to the next boss, but that happens. He D&D'ed the group inside the temple, causing a full wipe, but hey, seen that before too. The panther boss was next, told him the basics, pull the adds, one group at a time, dont get hit by the annoying wave, dont dps the boss hard until all adds are down. "rofl, kk!" and he went. Spawned army, managed to pull every add, horrible wipe. Was so tired and irritated at this point, wanted to kick his ass in RL, but I really wanted the healing shoulders off the next boss so I decided to stay. We managed to kill the boss after two attempts. He managed to die since he didnt run away from the ghosts. Great.

Zanzil was next, explained the way the cauldrons worked. "OK!" and he went. Zanzil spawned the big add, we froze and killed him. Zanzil then spawned the small adds. Tank apparently thought it wasnt necessary to take the red cauldron, stood there and focused on the boss. Wipe. Managed on the next attempt. Think the time was around 3.10 at this point, started to get seriously cranky. Managed the boss, didnt get my item. F****! Oh well, nice to get some points off the last boss.

Explained tactics to him, he didnt understand "stack on chains" even though we explained it at least three times. Seemed like he didnt pick up a single small add, guess the lock was to blame as well since he didnt focus on them either. Anyway, guess he wasnt a full-on Donald, he tried and he wasnt a complete disaster, but signing up as a tank in the middle of the night when you dont know your ass from your elbow when it comes to tactics is a bit much. Don't think I will do pugs for a loong time..

Fix'd. Yer be welcome!
Bobson is my name
and WoW is my game!
I can play a mage of frost
but also one of flame!
My warrior's rage I can easily tame!
30 pics per second
that is my frame,
and I pwn all the noobs who thinks I am lame!
Bobson

PreviousNext

Return to DL comics