Ask Keydar!

Post any questions you have about DLC

Re: Ask Keydar!

Postby Dabloxxer » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:02 am

Dear Keydar,

What happened to miji's tail?
Edit: By this I meant how was it removed.

P.S. What happens when a worgen gets the "Shave & a haircut" acievment?(this also works for tauren, as both tauren and worgen are covered in hair/fur)
P.P.S. Why does Cass always use green text while posting?
Last edited by Dabloxxer on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life lessons:
1 "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
2 "Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonade is gonna suck."
3 "If you dont find some water and some ice, your lemomade will still suck."
Dabloxxer

Postby polelover44 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Dear Keydar,

How the &$@*# do I turn my goddammed &$@*# filter off?

(seriously though)

also how can you stub your toe in world of warcraft?

EDIT: on second thought, if anyone can do it it's Donald.
polelover44

Postby Nightgunner5 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:22 am

Dear Keydar,

How long will it take you to respond to this?

Love,
Ben
Nightgunner5

Postby Keydar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Nightgunner5 wrote:Dear Keydar,

How long will it take you to respond to this?

Love,
Ben

I'd say a little over a month.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Reaper1020 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:38 pm

I love your comics, i read through the entire archive in one sitting, i'm just curious, do you still play WoW? and are all the people in your comics based off counterparts in WoW? i armoryed Dark Legacy and Keydar but found nothing =(
Reaper1020

Postby Retarjoe » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Reaper1020 wrote:I love your comics, i read through the entire archive in one sitting, i'm just curious, do you still play WoW? and are all the people in your comics based off counterparts in WoW? i armoryed Dark Legacy and Keydar but found nothing =(

Hi Reaper.

I have the exact same question, "Do they still play?"

Although, I found out a bit more than you might have.
The reason for why you can't find them on the armory is because they play on US realms.
So if you go on the US Armory and search for "Dark Legacy" you will find a ton of guilds, but only 1 level 25 guild (which is the real Dark Legacy)

But, there is no data to be found on either Keydar, Krom, Nyteblade, Mijikai or Narya.

I did find Gigzara tho, but only as a level 80 with no other data. You can't see her character there, or anything. Only that she is a level 80 night elf priest.

I am really devastated to find out that none of my "heroes" plays anymore. I was really keen on seeing how they all looked like in the game, now that I've gotten to know them through the comics.

Also, I would like to ask Keydar the same question:

Are any of you still playing?
If not, what are you guys doing now? You must still be in touch.

Best regards,
Retarjoe
Retarjoe

Postby Keydar » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 pm

No, I don't play anymore. I quit initially before Cata released, and then re-activated for the expansion. After doing everything I felt like doing, I quit again. I will likely do the same thing for the next expansion.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Retarjoe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:44 am

Keydar wrote:No, I don't play anymore. I quit initially before Cata released, and then re-activated for the expansion. After doing everything I felt like doing, I quit again. I will likely do the same thing for the next expansion.

Hi Keydar,

I'm glad to see such a quick reply :)

Although, what information can you give on the other main characters in your comics?
Are they still playing, or are they only doing start content of the new expansions before quitting?

Also, I tried finding you again on the US site, and I found a character on Lightbringer named Keydar, but with no "ponytale" in the avatar :P
- Can you confirm that it is you? (I can't seem to get any other information about the character due to too long offline period.)

Best regards,
Retarjoe
Retarjoe

Postby Reaper1020 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:16 pm

@ Retar, I think that is them, although not in the Dark Legacy guild anymore i did fine mijji and gigz in the same guild and a few others on lightbringer, also i am from the united states so that was my initial search for them

Keydar, we HAVE to level a monk togeather <3
Reaper1020

Postby Keydar » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Retarjoe wrote:Although, what information can you give on the other main characters in your comics?
Are they still playing, or are they only doing start content of the new expansions before quitting?

Also, I tried finding you again on the US site, and I found a character on Lightbringer named Keydar, but with no "ponytale" in the avatar :P
- Can you confirm that it is you? (I can't seem to get any other information about the character due to too long offline period.)

I think pretty much everyone has either quit wow, or plays on a different character/server. The Keydar on Lightbringer is me; the avatar you see is probably just a default, as I haven't logged on in a while.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Retarjoe » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:24 am

Keydar wrote:
Retarjoe wrote:Although, what information can you give on the other main characters in your comics?

I think pretty much everyone has either quit wow, or plays on a different character/server. The Keydar on Lightbringer is me; the avatar you see is probably just a default, as I haven't logged on in a while.

I am so sorry to hear that.
Does that mean that you guys are no longer in touch with each other?
I would be really sad to hear that, since it seems that you guys had a really strong connection.

At least thats my conclusion from reading the comics :)

Also, are all the comics pure fiction? Or does some relate to real in-game experiences? :)
Retarjoe

Postby Keydar » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Retarjoe wrote:I am so sorry to hear that.
I would be really sad to hear that, since it seems that you guys had a really strong connection.

We definitely do still keep in touch. Gigz is the only one I haven't heard from in a while.

Retarjoe wrote:Also, are all the comics pure fiction? Or does some relate to real in-game experiences? :)

Depends on what aspect of the comic you are referring to. The characters themselves are pretty much pure fiction. Krom's cynical attitude represents most of us (including myself) when we raided. The rest of the characters, including Keydar, are nothing like any of the real versions. This doesn't mean, however, that nothing the main character's say is based on a real experience. For example, in this comic, Keydar's comment to Nyte under article 27 is definitely something I would do to Krom when he would lead raids. Donald also has represented real things that players have done. As does that one recruit talking under article 28 in the previously mentioned comic.

As to the stories, there may be some real experiences here and there, such as the AQ event one. Other than that, the stories are pure fiction.
Keydar
Site Admin

Postby Retarjoe » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:31 am

Keydar wrote:
Retarjoe wrote:I am so sorry to hear that.

We definitely do still keep in touch. Gigz is the only one I haven't heard from in a while.

Nice to hear that :)
- Especially since you guys brought back so many memories from my Vanilla time, and gave me the boost I needed to keep playing the game :)

So thank you for that. (I know that it is you who did the comics and all, but I guess your guildies had a part in it too.)

Keydar wrote:
Retarjoe wrote:Also, are all the comics pure fiction? Or does some relate to real in-game experiences? :)

Depends on what aspect of the comic you are referring to. The characters themselves are pretty much pure fiction. Krom's cynical attitude represents most of us (including myself) when we raided. The rest of the characters, including Keydar, are nothing like any of the real versions. This doesn't mean, however, that nothing the main character's say is based on a real experience. For example, in this comic, Keydar's comment to Nyte under article 27 is definitely something I would do to Krom when he would lead raids. Donald also has represented real things that players have done. As does that one recruit talking under article 28 in the previously mentioned comic.

As to the stories, there may be some real experiences here and there, such as the AQ event one. Other than that, the stories are pure fiction.

Oh okay. I had a feeling that in-game stuff had an impact on your comics in some way.
Tho I really expected something like,
Gigz being the "chef" of the guild. Providing the majority of Foods and stuff for raids.
Narya and Miji being those guys who always came up with weird suggestions and ideas to try out. Maybe in guild chat writing something like "Oh wouldn't it be awesome if Blizzard made a this Thing-O-matic where you point and shoot and things will grow from things with things attached??" and then it would escalate to something insane.
Krom being this incredible tense Guild Master and Raid Leader, always being serious about everything unless he trolled some poor guy who was asking stupid questions.
And ofcourse Donald, being a total noob, maybe a friend of some Officer in the guild, and therefore getting into raids that way.. Without doing anything right ofcourse.

That was just some of my thoughts when I read your comics, and tried to associate it with how the characters would be in real life :)

... I do, despite your answer, still live in that dream. :P
Retarjoe

Postby Eldanari » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:53 pm

I remember a lot of fun times playing with everyone in the guild. Especially when we were first going through Molten Core, and Narya and I kept trying to bomb each other on Baron Geddon, killing a whole group in the process and getting yelled at for it. Do you know where the others are? Just restarted playing again recently and was wondering.
Eldanari

Postby Keydar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Eldanari wrote:I remember a lot of fun times playing with everyone in the guild. Especially when we were first going through Molten Core, and Narya and I kept trying to bomb each other on Baron Geddon, killing a whole group in the process and getting yelled at for it. Do you know where the others are? Just restarted playing again recently and was wondering.

Hey! How did I miss this post?

Sadly, I have no idea where most people went. I am playing again as well, same guy same server (you should come say hi!). Also, I've noticed you are in the screenshot at the bottom of this page.
Keydar
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Q&A