Re: Blizcon Video Contest

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby ShetiPhian » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:00 pm

Keydar, while watching the Blizzcon live feed I noticed one of your comics as a video. I didn't think anything of it because I thought you submitted it.
It wasn't until I was in the Blizzard forums and read the argument about it being plagiarism/copyright infringement or not, did I decide to come here and bring it up.

Hans Nilsson won Third place ($1000) with "Too Cute to Kill"
This video copied your comic (http://www.darklegacycomics.com/251.html)

Was permission given or did this guy win by stealing your idea?
ShetiPhian

Postby Otaku » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Yeah, thats my thread on the official forums.

i send him a PM allready.

idk why people get so friggin hostile on the official forums. all i wanted was to make sure that keydar really did allow something based on his intellectual property to be entered in a contest like that.

Keydar runs this site on donations and his own money, unless im mistaken. i jsut wanted to make sure that someone wasnt profiting off of keydar's work, when keydar wasnt seeing anything out of it.

then the general disease that is Blizzard forum trolls came in and made it into a huge flame fest.

*sigh* try to be a decent human being, and this is what you get.
Otaku

Postby ShetiPhian » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Otaku wrote:idk why people get so friggin hostile on the official forums. all i wanted was to make sure that keydar really did allow something based on his intellectual property to be entered in a contest like that.

That's the bliz forums for ya, 1 legit question, several trolls, people yelling at trolls, no real answer or a well buried one. :roll:

I came here both to see if light could be shed on this topic and bring it to Keydar's attention.

lol we could never bring any finding back to the bliz forums, that topic has be up for over a minute, its lost forever :wink:
ShetiPhian

Postby Nawty » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:13 pm

NM
Nawty

Postby Cass » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Nawty wrote:NM

Nawty! Are you still playing?

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride
Cass

Postby Nawty » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Cass wrote:
Nawty wrote:NM

Nawty! Are you still playing?

Not nearly as much as I used to but I'm still on Lightbringer on most days (on my warrior Krayzy).
Nawty

Return to WoW