How old is the youngest WoW player you've ever seen

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Postby vergil77 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:24 am

doggymien4o wrote:The youngest player I know of is a 4-year old boy. The oldest, however, was about 65 years old :)

8)

Ya, surely...
vergil77

gaming

Postby miniwidge » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Video games didn't exist until I was about 12. My sister bought the family PONG console. I was so excited.

I'm now 46 and playing WoW. I'm older than most, but I've seen someone in their 70s.
anaahl nathrac üthvas bethod dochiel dienveh
miniwidge

Postby miniwidge » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Raptorbane wrote:
Bunnytots wrote:I hardly find good players that aren't at least 14 years old. Which is why I used to join 18 years or older guilds.

too bad some of the worst players in the game are 20 years and up

There's a difference between new and bad at the game. There is also a difference between immaturity and being a moron. I find that the most moronic and horrible players are older than me (I'm 17).

There's also a difference between being bad and THINKING you're really good. Most of the players I find who go around rushing into things, pulling mobs when others are considering strategy (i.e. Leroy Jenkins) or just being offensive jerks in chat or vent are under the age of 20. I may not be the best player around but I'm certainly not bad and I get invited to a lot of groups. I'm not saying all, btw, I'm saying a fair percentage. I've met a lot of players who say they're really good at tanking and turn out being downright HORRIBLE. All they then do is blame the healer and maintain their illusion that they're L337.
anaahl nathrac üthvas bethod dochiel dienveh
miniwidge

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:05 pm

miniwidge wrote:
There's also a difference between being bad and THINKING you're really good. Most of the players I find who go around rushing into things, pulling mobs when others are considering strategy (i.e. Leroy Jenkins) or just being offensive jerks in chat or vent are under the age of 20. I may not be the best player around but I'm certainly not bad and I get invited to a lot of groups. I'm not saying all, btw, I'm saying a fair percentage. I've met a lot of players who say they're really good at tanking and turn out being downright HORRIBLE. All they then do is blame the healer and maintain their illusion that they're L337.

But it's exactly that, an illusion. And until someone comes around and disillusions them, they're gonna continue running around like absolute nitwits annoying everyone and everything around them. It's just incredible how large the number of complete life failures there are in this game.
Raptorbane

Postby wtflolwut » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:14 am

First game I actually started 'playing'? Call of Duty 1 for the PC, fun times...

I started playing WoW when I was 14 O_o
wtflolwut

Postby Thaurus » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 am

I watched my dad play the PS1 forever (Around age1), Probly why i think hes a dick. :3 Probly started playing on it at the age of 3-2
Got SC2 ^_^. Add me @ BuuGhost
Thaurus

Postby Vexation » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Used to play this game on amiga, you'd be flying an air plane and shooting & tossing bombs from it - can't recall the name but it was awesome! No idea about age, can't have been very old. 6-7 prolly.

The most elderly is my wife's pa, father in law. Raiding & doing well, on his disc priest :P
Jebus had a soulstone.
Vexation

Postby Lialena » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:39 pm

I haven't actually meet any super young players although I do suspect a really noob mage who 'wand' during a heroic to be a kid

I do know a 15 year old who plays priest, very very terrible though >.<

The best young player I came across is 17 and he's officer in my previous guild(we're the one of the best casual raiding guild on the server). He can pull 8k dps in ICC(before the buff came out) in ToC gear. But pity he's so immature, that he made some officers and players /gquit
Lialena

Re: How old is the youngest WoW player you've ever seen

Postby Alariais » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 am

I started playing WoW when I was like 10 or 11, I'm 13 now, and I have two 85s. The first game I played was...well I don't remember, but my sisters did tell me that I beat my dad in Donkey Kong when I was like 2 or 3. :P
Alariais

Postby clairakitty » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:23 pm

I played my first videogame when I was around 3, although I've been watching my parents game since birth. I started WoWing when I was 10, and the youngest player I've personally ever seen was 7, and was playing with his mom. His mom got mad at me! She was convinced I was some creeper, and her son Ignored me a few minutes later.
clairakitty

Postby Shiandra » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:45 am

First videogame: Pokemon red on the original gameboy
Youngest player seen: 10, she's the daughter of one of the other officers in my guild, plays her mom's mage almost as good as her mother.

Sometimes I wonder if its a good thing that kids can play wow, the stuff that they'll see can't be good for them.
Shiandra

Postby Usagi-Zakura » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:54 pm

I couldn't tell, most kids don't share their age or they lie about it:p One of my guildies once revealed he was 12 and got some crap about being too young to play the game... never mind that in many countries (mine included) the age limit to WoW IS 12:P
I couldn't really care less so long as the kids aren't acting annoying though. I've known 20-year-olds who can be complete idiots, why would a 10-year old be any worse?
I was probably about 8 when I first played Warcraft (I honestly don't remember so I'm going by release date:P), I remember playing Warcraft 2 on my dad's computer. As I didn't speak English at the time I had no idea what the plot was, but I understood enough to be able to win my battles and beat the game on both Horde and Alliance.
Usagi-Zakura

PreviousNext

Return to WoW