Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Zoink » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:29 am

Think the game has been nerfed too much for my liking. I played it from release and stopped playing 10 months ago, and used a scroll of res. to get seven days of playing time, and I don't regret having stopped.
In my view TBC had the right diffulty (there was something for everyone), the right amount of tweaking possibilties through stats and talents, and a better community. Wrath..just ruined it for me. The difficulty was way too low, people was pugging a week after Naxx was released, and the game just got nerfed too badly overall. Today there's hardly any room left for tweaking through talents or items, and with the next expansion this will only get worse. A lot of stats was removed because too many people was complaining that they couldn't figure them out (I think they just didn't want to try to figure them out). Many classes have skills removed, to make the game more easy to play? I used to play a shaman in vanilla and I had a LOT of options with totems, and fair enough a few of them was rather useless, but today it's removed of any challange. Today I use the same six totems over and over (more or less), the whole nerfing of classes is just a thing that has happened all over.
I spent my seven days of free playing the last week with my old trusty shaman, and it was more of a sentimental reason, than the game itself, that made me considered paying for another month.

I don't think I'll be returning for Mists..mainly because it seems like another global nerf to the game. I like some of the elements introduced with the expansion, but I doubt it's enough to draw me back to the game. Also most of my friends who played the game, and the people I used to enjoy the game with (online friends) have long since stopped playing (most them stopped in Wrath). They were the main reason I played through Wrath.. and into Cataclysm.

So for me it's "so long and thanks for all the fish" to WoW.
Zoink
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:51 am

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Joefesok » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:46 pm

I would say yes.

It sounds like an awesome x-pack, people only REALLY hate it because it introduced pandas. Pandas, may I remind you, who have been a rather large part of lore for a while.
Joefesok
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: Spaaaaaaace

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Yatta » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Blizzard's refusal to do the "item squish" turned me off. So "Hell no".

It's too bad. I really liked what they were doing with hunters.
User avatar
Yatta
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby The Great JT » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Yatta wrote:Blizzard's refusal to do the "item squish" turned me off. So "Hell no".

It's too bad. I really liked what they were doing with hunters.

You'll be back. They always come back.
Image

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
User avatar
The Great JT
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 pm
Location: Orgrimmar

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Tak_667 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:51 am

I"m only playing at this point because my partner plays and she looks at me with those terrible sad eyes if I suggest quitting.

And I agree, the nerfing has gotten out of hand. A chimpanzee could play WOW now. Whats next? Will it wind up like the PTR and you just log on and get a kitted 85 day one?
Tak_667
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Yatta » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 am

The Great JT wrote:
Yatta wrote:Blizzard's refusal to do the "item squish" turned me off. So "Hell no".

It's too bad. I really liked what they were doing with hunters.

You'll be back. They always come back.


My name is Yatta! and I have been WoW free for 6 months.

I'm hoping GW2 is good enough to keep my attention, along with LoL and CS:GO
User avatar
Yatta
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby The Great JT » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Yatta wrote:
The Great JT wrote:
Yatta wrote:Blizzard's refusal to do the "item squish" turned me off. So "Hell no".

It's too bad. I really liked what they were doing with hunters.

You'll be back. They always come back.


My name is Yatta! and I have been WoW free for 6 months.

I'm hoping GW2 is good enough to keep my attention, along with LoL and CS:GO

GIVE IIIIIIIIIN. PEEEET BAAAAAATLEEEEEEES.
Image

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
User avatar
The Great JT
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 pm
Location: Orgrimmar

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Yatta » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:12 pm

The Great JT wrote:
Yatta wrote:
The Great JT wrote:You'll be back. They always come back.


My name is Yatta! and I have been WoW free for 6 months.

I'm hoping GW2 is good enough to keep my attention, along with LoL and CS:GO

GIVE IIIIIIIIIN. PEEEET BAAAAAATLEEEEEEES.


Is that pokemon silver on my dresser?

brb
User avatar
Yatta
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Kassica » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 am

Tak_667 wrote:I"m only playing at this point because my partner plays and she looks at me with those terrible sad eyes if I suggest quitting.

And I agree, the nerfing has gotten out of hand. A chimpanzee could play WOW now. Whats next? Will it wind up like the PTR and you just log on and get a kitted 85 day one?


I tried to give my fiance the sad eyes look when he quit wow... it did not work. How often does the chick in the relationship play wow and the guy doesn't? lol
User avatar
Kassica
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Yatta » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:56 am

Kassica wrote:
Tak_667 wrote:I"m only playing at this point because my partner plays and she looks at me with those terrible sad eyes if I suggest quitting.

And I agree, the nerfing has gotten out of hand. A chimpanzee could play WOW now. Whats next? Will it wind up like the PTR and you just log on and get a kitted 85 day one?


I tried to give my fiance the sad eyes look when he quit wow... it did not work. How often does the chick in the relationship play wow and the guy doesn't? lol


You must wear the pants in the relationship.


ZING!
User avatar
Yatta
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby AntonWolf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:24 am

The Great JT wrote:
Rendarius wrote:When I saw Pandas, my first thought was "Holy crap they finally added those pandarens that I've been wanting since I first started playing WoW!"

There's my thought on it.

Expansion will be awesome, bitches gonna bitch.



Exactly man, I for one am really excited to see how this expansion works out, and how many people will change their minds about hating it once they actually start playing it. WoW nerds forever!
Gaiaticus= 87 Tauren Restoration/Guardian Druid (Alleria)
Shaianne= 85 Blood Elf Frost/Arcane Mage (Alleria)
Chihiru= 46 Pandaren Mistweaver Monk (Alleria)
AntonWolf
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Marcis » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:57 am

How do you all feel about MoP now?
Burned out from dailies or doing them all all the time?
User avatar
Marcis
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:04 am

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Raptorbane » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:53 pm

My name is Raptorbane and I have been WoW free for one year

... Excluding that one time in February my guild leader scroll'd me so I could come in for a raid and I out dps'd all her rogues in sub-par gear, took some shoulders nobody needed and then screamed in vent as I left when it was over.

Good way to go out, I think.

But yeah I am also a GW2 person now, but I hardly play that too since I'm just so busy with other stuff. I feel like MoP would've been more well received if they had just given it to people when they wanted Pandaren, you know, 5 years ago
User avatar
Raptorbane
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Marcis » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:56 pm

But BUT BUT!!!
It's more dailyfapping now! Come back, it's fun!
You can do dailies so you get revered and can do even more dailies!!!
There is no 25 daily limit anymore, wait ... there is 25 quest in log limit still... OH SHI...
User avatar
Marcis
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:04 am

Re: Mists of Pandaria - "Yes" or "Hell No"?

Postby Raptorbane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 am

Marcis wrote:But BUT BUT!!!
It's more dailyfapping now! Come back, it's fun!
You can do dailies so you get revered and can do even more dailies!!!
There is no 25 daily limit anymore, wait ... there is 25 quest in log limit still... OH SHI...


I am so done with the endless reward/beatings-fest that is anything Blizzard puts out anymore

They give you sub-par, unenjoyable content with just enough of a carrot at the end to keep you thinking "Hey! Maybe something good is just around the corner." and then they slap you in the face with a piece of driftwood. The longer they keep you playing the more they get your $15 a month. Every expansion is the same boring slightly rehashed quest, go talk to this guy, go kill seventeen orcs, bring me 78 snake tits

I don't care that other people still enjoy that but ohhh my gooooosh it has gotten so boring for me I don't think I could go back if I tried
User avatar
Raptorbane
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to WoW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests