I have partied with Donald.

Discuss anything about DLC

Re: I have partied with Donald.

Postby Teamer » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:41 am

I have 2 Donald stories. They take place on the same day :cry:

The first Donald story takes place in the magical land of Blackfathom Deeps.
Party members were:
Me (Holy Pally, just started healing)
Balance Drood
Something hunter
Something rogue
Warrior Tank <-------- Donald

We started out on the first mobs after our tank waits for a minute (2 murlocs, one crab thing).
And Donald just stand there and auto attacks. I think he had full rage during the entire 2 minute fight.
Hunter was kiting one mob, rogue kept gouging. Donald never taunted.
After that, you have to swim through the water with more mobs. Not a problem, but the hunter accidentally pulled another crab thing.
Donald runs further. Finally we down the mob.
<Insert lines of Donaldism here>

Finally we get to the turtle boss. Donald starts out auto-attacking.
The DPS of course, quickly pulled aggro. Donald just stood there.
Hunter used Concussive Shot, Scatter Shot and the like, Rogue used Gouge. And Donald just stood there. He never moved once, and never used any rage.
At last we killed the turtle, after which I said: "Sorry guys, but I'm not continuing with this tank. Bye."

The second story takes place in the Stockades.
Party members:
Me (Holy Pally again)
Hunter
Warlock
Rogue
Feral tank <---- Donald

First off, I noticed the tank had low health. Like low, low. Like lower than anyone in the party low.
I shrugged and proceeded to heal him, because Stockades isn't that long.
At the first mob group, we saw he couldn't hold aggro, and even when he was tanking one mob, his health dropped faster than a brick.
The Rogue, Warlock, Warlock pet and hunter pet ended up tanking most of the mobs. In other words, everyone except the tank.
<Insert lines of Donaldism until first boss>
At the first boss, Donald had the glorious idea to go right instead!
Eventually, he pulled the boss, and somehow we killed it.

<Insert more lines of Donaldism>
Nothing special at Lord Overheat.

<Insert even more lines of Donaldism>
Donald thought that apparently, it's fun to go into kitty form while tanking. We quickly pointed him towards the fact that bear works better.
Also, I tried inspected him. I was amazed. Half of his gear was still quest WHITES.
Again, I let it slide, since Hogger was the only thing that was left, and I wanted to laugh when I saw him die.
We pulled Hogger, and Donald got two-shot. He released ran back in, and died again. And again.
By that time, Hogger was dead, my mana was in the negatives, and locky had tanked pretty much everything.

Sorry for this extremely long post :oops:
How many goblins does it take to change a lightbulb?
Seven. One to replace said lightbulb and six to clean up after the first guy explodes.
Character! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... mer/simple
Teamer

Postby Usagi-Zakura » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 pm

I saw a druid tank in cat-form yesterday. He was somehow still able to keep aggro though I thought it was weird... Thankfully he only did it for one fight.
Usagi-Zakura

Postby Yatta » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Kitty tanking is awesome at the lower levels

Love them heirloomz!
Yatta

Postby Teamer » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:08 am

Kitty tanking is indeed viable at lower levels, but not when you have some 400 hp (700-800 in bear form, I had about 1K), no looms and quest whites.
Yes, literally the first quest you do when you start out in your starting area.
Seven. One to replace said lightbulb and six to clean up after the first guy explodes.
Teamer

Postby Joefesok » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:56 pm

I actually grouped with an entire donald party. No joke. They were doing a guild run.

It went something like
Warlock
Warrior (tank)
Huntard
Hunter(me)
And a druid (supposed to be healer, but frequently forgot his job and started dpsing/tanking)

So, the first thing we manage to do is wipe on the first group pull. Real tank donald says it's the hunter/warlock's fault because they didn't turn aggro attacks off. Of course, the hunter didn't, but the warlock was using an imp. Yeah. Mister healer just sits there quietly and tries to convince the warrior to stop freaking out. Fast foward a few wipes (Mister tank is pissed the entire time), we finally get to the first boss. Warrior pulls. Hunter pet grabs aggro. Warlock loots enemies. The druid decides he's a DPS now. Tank dies. Druid is now a tank. Druid dies. I end up kiting the boss through the boos room. When I down it, the huntard rolls need on everything. They try to boot me, but the warlock and the huntard both confess that I killed the boss, and don't need me to be booted. Many wipes later, second boss. Druid pulls and dies almost immediately. Warlock makes a death run for the instance entrance. Other hunter decides to go tanking, but doesn't heal his pet. He dies. The warrior manages to pull, then DCs in about 5 seconds. I kite the boss again, down it, and lo and behold huntard rolls need on everything. At this point the warlock and the warrior are screaming at each other about who's fault it is. I end up getting votebooted. Afterwards, someone flames me for about an hour via whisper about how "omg dunt roll need on evrythng".
Joefesok

Postby Teamer » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:23 am

Joefesok wrote:I actually grouped with an entire donald party. No joke. They were doing a guild run.

It went something like
Warlock
Warrior (tank)
Huntard
Hunter(me)
And a druid (supposed to be healer, but frequently forgot his job and started dpsing/tanking)

So, the first thing we manage to do is wipe on the first group pull. Real tank donald says it's the hunter/warlock's fault because they didn't turn aggro attacks off. Of course, the hunter didn't, but the warlock was using an imp. Yeah. Mister healer just sits there quietly and tries to convince the warrior to stop freaking out. Fast foward a few wipes (Mister tank is pissed the entire time), we finally get to the first boss. Warrior pulls. Hunter pet grabs aggro. Warlock loots enemies. The druid decides he's a DPS now. Tank dies. Druid is now a tank. Druid dies. I end up kiting the boss through the boos room. When I down it, the huntard rolls need on everything. They try to boot me, but the warlock and the huntard both confess that I killed the boss, and don't need me to be booted. Many wipes later, second boss. Druid pulls and dies almost immediately. Warlock makes a death run for the instance entrance. Other hunter decides to go tanking, but doesn't heal his pet. He dies. The warrior manages to pull, then DCs in about 5 seconds. I kite the boss again, down it, and lo and behold huntard rolls need on everything. At this point the warlock and the warrior are screaming at each other about who's fault it is. I end up getting votebooted. Afterwards, someone flames me for about an hour via whisper about how "omg dunt roll need on evrythng".

Ouch. That was a mercy, booting you. I would have rage quitted after the first 2 wipes.
Teamer

Postby Joefesok » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:28 am

I think I need to transmog a bought gear set to endgame gear, then equip that when I fear my repair bill.
Joefesok

Postby B.O.B. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:54 am

mennoboss wrote:
Ruto777 wrote:I have two stories. They both took place in Pit of Saron.

In the first group, "Donald" was a DK. I was on Skype with an irl friend, and he was in my group. My friend is a warrior, and a great tank. I'm a feral druid DPS. So we get to Ick and Krick, and everything goes well. When we got to Garfrost, a DPS had to go, so we thought: lets 4 man this. Baaaad idea. At Garfrost, I did 70% of dps. My tank friend did good, but Donald the DK was doing 800 dps. His gear was ok, and i started looking at his talents. I said to my friend on Skype: "omfg look at DK's talents!!" He was specced completely randomly! 1/3 in Blood, 1/3 in Frost and 1/3 in Unholy. I said he had to get dps up because he was doing less than my auto attack dps. We wiped... soo.... many... times... We gave up and got to another group.

The second group, our Donald was the healer. He said he was an alt of a Paladin on our server, and said he was pro. I knew the paladin, he does a lot of ICC raids, so I trusted him. Baaad idea. I was tank, and all healer did was spam Nourish. I told him that Druid was about HoT, and that he had to start using Regrowth, Rejuvenation and Lifebloom, and if that doesn't work use Nourish as last resort. All he said was "We didn't wipe yet, did we? I'm a pro heal!". At that point, his "main" came online, while he was Nourish spamming me. I left the group. Next group, same healer! Left again.

/blogfaqs

Lol, my guess is that this tank was the best evarrrrrr. Oh wait, that was meeeee :D

True story, wasn't fun with that dk :(

Sadly I was a Donald DK back in WotK. I didn't have 1/3 in spec - I think I might have been Unholy, I can't remember. Had no idea what I was doing. The healer was out-dpsing me apparently. I think I had a two-handed spear equipped. It was just sad. The group was oddly patient with me. Taught me how to play a tiny bit better. After the dungeon, one of them pointed me to a website dedicated to DKs - so I'm not a Donald DK anymore (I might still have my moments from time to time though).
B.O.B.

Postby Joefesok » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:59 pm

I used to use a 2hander for a shaman. After gettig yelled at a few thousand times by guildies, I switched to dual wielding. Want to know the best part? The guy who put me through most of my training JUST perfected 2h enhancement shaman.
Joefesok

Postby Tydosius » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:19 am

this is the worst kind of tank you will ever see:
- can't hold aggro
- pulls too many mobs and wipes
- breaks saps and fears
- blames healer
- chooses wrong spec
- or fails at choosing tank spec properly
- chooses wrong stance/form/aura/presence/monk stances
- fails at keyboard turning (it is possible to do well with keyboard turning)
- wears whites

anyone want to add to this list?
Tydosius

Postby Joefesok » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Tydosius wrote:this is the worst kind of tank you will ever see:
- can't hold aggro
- breaks saps and fears
- blames healer
- chooses wrong spec
- wears whites

-No shield (you can ignore this rule if you have a DK druid or monk tank)
-Gets pissy about AOEs stealing aggro
-When confronted with a boot, pull everything to prevent being booted OR pull and quit (this phases them out of the dung, instantly dumping aggro onto others)
-Rolls on gear for the wrong spec
-Open item slot when there shouldn't be (No headgear by, oh say, 50)
-Blames the hunter for aggro loss

Also, quick tip for tanks out there; When the healer starts talking about using a hunter pet as a tank, get better at holding aggro or gtfo.
Joefesok

Postby Teamer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:54 am

Joefesok wrote:
Tydosius wrote:this is the worst kind of tank you will ever see:
- can't hold aggro
- breaks saps and fears
- blames healer
- chooses wrong spec
- wears whites

-No shield (you can ignore this rule if you have a DK druid or monk tank)
-Gets pissy about AOEs stealing aggro
-When confronted with a boot, pull everything to prevent being booted OR pull and quit (this phases them out of the dung, instantly dumping aggro onto others)
-Rolls on gear for the wrong spec
-Open item slot when there shouldn't be (No headgear by, oh say, 50)
-Blames the hunter for aggro loss

Also, quick tip for tanks out there; When the healer starts talking about using a hunter pet as a tank, get better at holding aggro or gtfo.

-Using outdated gear (whites in level 20-30, very low level greens a bit higher)
-Not using leather as a druid or monk, or mail/plate as a warrior, paladin or death knight.
-Using mixed greys
-(outdated) Putting points in all talent trees to be 'well-rounded'
-Not using the right weapons

But enough about tanks. It seems tanks are always Donalds in PuGs, but I'm sure healers or DPS have quite a few Donald moments as well.
Teamer

Postby The Great JT » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:58 am

Not quite a Donald, but I like to think it is. Me (on my paladin) and a Death Knight were doing a Theramore run. You may be wondering why I'm not mentioning a third guy. Well, he was offline the whole time.

The Punchmaster. Do Not Question Him.
The Great JT

Postby Joefesok » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

On arena of annihilation people will frequently just act stupid and forget their training. I am usually stuck with a giant monster on my tail with two retards doing the fight wrong.
Joefesok

Postby Darekar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Does it count if i was Donald? Here is the story of my first ever wow character, all the way back in the buggy early 2004 days:

In early wow days, a male hunter took his first step into this new, wonderful world. He wanted to be a hero and so venture forth to help depend Teldrassil.

This mighty hero reached the venerable level of 10 before a tragic event occured. He fell in battle with a group of rabid beast and while the Titans were kind enough to bring him back to life, it is in the alien and strange plains of Westfall that he found himself.

Desoriented, alone and lost, he tryed to find his way on the world map he was lucky enough to carry. He failed to notice the close-by Human capital and instead went south, toward Booty Bay, where he hoped he could find a ship to carry him back to his home.

For hours he walked south, hiding from demonic and massively powerful lvl 20 wolf in the water as the beast could not swim in the time. He reached the northen part of strangletorn forest and quickly discovered that the water was not the safe heaven he believed as he was devoured by mass of piranas.

Having to chose between the death-filled river and the overun road, he decided to run closer to the tree. 17 time he died, 17 time he ran back, each time making a few more precious feets toward his goal.

After 3 hours of this hellish torture, he decided to stay dead and run as a ghost, hoping he could find a spirit healer closer to the town. He made it all the way to booty bay and saw a boat, he managed to run his spirit to it and found himself in the barrens.

Still far from home but at least on the right side of the world, This nameless soul, still a ghost, ran toward the town of Crossroad and finally found a spirit healer. Overcome with relief, he quickly arranged to trade life for what was left of his cloth.

But here does the tragedy truly hit. As soon as he accepted the bargain, a mysterious image covered his vision, and realise, when it cleared, that his body had been ressurected back at the northen part of Strangletorn Vale. With a cry of anguish, this hunter killed himself and deleted his soul forever.

...and then i made a human warrior that i still play today :P

TL:DR

My hunter died at lvl 10, ressurected all the way over westfall, lost hours trying to reach booty bay to find a boat, finally get to kalimdor as a ghost, pay a spirit rez and get ported back at my starting point in westfall, deleted character in a mixt of rage and depression :P
Darekar

PreviousNext

Return to DL comics