Funniest wipe?

Discuss anything relating to World of Warcraft

Re: Funniest wipe?

Postby Cliffer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm

I have had many 1% wipes but few funny ones. However, as a tank I often yell "AGGRO!!!" and then "o rite". Some1 actually forgetting they're tanking would be a pretty funny wipe.
Morals require thought!
Cliffer

Postby AntonWolf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:31 am

With my guild we have had several "interesting" wipes, and some we just sigh and say okay.. lets do this again. some of the funniest wipes that we have usually are in the HoT's when we are doing guild runs for fun or gearing new guildies alts or something like that and we wipe on a boss in end time, because we just have to laugh at ourselves. For example, this one time we wiped on Echo of Baine because he ended up pulverizing all the platforms before we could kill him and we were in the middle of the lava pool with nowhere to go. I was literally laughing for 2 minutes straight on vent with that one after the constant oh shit, oh shits after the third platform got pulverized.
Gaiaticus= 87 Tauren Restoration/Guardian Druid (Alleria)
Shaianne= 85 Blood Elf Frost/Arcane Mage (Alleria)
Chihiru= 46 Pandaren Mistweaver Monk (Alleria)
AntonWolf

Postby Teamer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:03 am

Sometimes people PuG ICC 25 HC. Huge faceroll for the most part... until LK.
At LK you run towards the shadow traps, you don't attack the Val'kyr, and you don't move away from Defile.
After 5 wipes to that, I left the group, saying if I wanted a kill, I would just solo him.
How many goblins does it take to change a lightbulb?
Seven. One to replace said lightbulb and six to clean up after the first guy explodes.
Character! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... mer/simple
Teamer

Postby AntonWolf » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 am

im amazed they didnt come up with the idea to just stand on the outside of the platform at all times as well :P
Gaiaticus= 87 Tauren Restoration/Guardian Druid (Alleria)
Shaianne= 85 Blood Elf Frost/Arcane Mage (Alleria)
Chihiru= 46 Pandaren Mistweaver Monk (Alleria)
AntonWolf

Postby Darekar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:51 am

My funniest is back in ICC heroic.

We are working on heroic LK 25. i am tanking the LK while the MT is on the adds.
As we get ready to pull, i try to press my "Z" to bring up my weapon, instead i hit "X" sitting down as the boss aggro.
I get one-shotted by a 100k crit followed by one of the biggest moment of panic i ever saw in a 25-man raid, it was gloriously funny to watch :P

Since then i have removed those keybinds and use them for other abilities :P
Darekar

Postby Kitty_Lover » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 am

Two funniest I had:

1st:
Thaddius in Naxx - explained it for the new guy. Ready Check. One tank AFK. Stating: "Okay, I guess he'll be back in a second". Calling out his name several times in Vent. He heard it and apparently thought it's a GO sign for him. Charges the Mini-Boss on his side, 2nd tank wasn't prepared for that sudden charge at all, reacts too late and 2nd Mini-Boss runs off his platform - whole raid roasted by lightning.

2nd:
Spirit Kings in MV, our first try in the 2nd week of MoP. Explained tacs, pointed out several times how important it is to stack up for his attack so the damage is shared.
Repeated it like 5 times to make sure everyone understands it.
Ready Check.
Everyone's Ready - go on countdown.
Countdown done, tank charges with Nitro Boots alone in front of the boss far away from the raid, gets one shotted: wipe!
Kitty_Lover

Previous

Return to WoW